Fox News analyst apologizes for Obama assassination joke

Popeye

I'm sure most of you heard about it, Fox News analyst Liz Trotta when discussing Hillary Clinton's RFK assassination remarks had this to say on Sun.:

Trotta: "And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, uh Obama. Well, both, if we could."

I guess that was supposed to be a joke, real funny Liz. Anyway, an uproar ensued and Trotta has now meekly apologized:

Trotta: Yes, I am so sorry about what happened yesterday and the lame attempt at humor. I feel all over myself, making it appear that I wished Barack Obama harm or any other candidate, for that matter, and I sincerely regret it and apologize to anybody I have offended. It is a very colorful political season, and many of us are making mistakes and saying things we wish we had not said.

Fox News..they are a disgrace not only to cable news but to the news industry as a whole. Their biased reporting while trying to pass themselves off as "fair and balanced" has now morphed into assassination jokes about Democratic candidates. Anyway, here's the video of Liz Trotta's offensive "joke" and her apology.

Werbung:
nine years ago liz trotta would have been whisked away to an "undisclosed location" for that. as it is she'll probably get a job with the mccain campaign.

I'm sure most of you heard about it, Fox News analyst Liz Trotta when discussing Hillary Clinton's RFK assassination remarks had this to say on Sun.:

I guess that was supposed to be a joke, real funny Liz. Anyway, an uproar ensued and Trotta has now meekly apologized:

Fox News..they are a disgrace not only to cable news but to the news industry as a whole. Their biased reporting while trying to pass themselves off as "fair and balanced" has now morphed into assassination jokes about Democratic candidates. Anyway, here's the video of Liz Trotta's offensive "joke" and her apology.

when did this happen? I am watching FOX news right now. They are showing Obama speak in NM. I have been watching on and off for an hour or so. I did not hear about this. What time is that girl you named on the news? I will try to watch for it.

People say stupid things...She apologized for it. Get over it. I remember when someone made a video depicting the assassination of President Bush and many of my democratic friends tried to defend the video to me.

Notiz From Der Pee See Kommandant:

You must NOT make der zhokes about der Obama!

Das ist VERBOTTEN by zie Pee See BLACK FREE PASS LAWS!

Zo, shutten up der mouth, or ve take you to special KAMP!

Heil Hitler! :D

I still think the worst I have sceen on Fox Noise, was the night the Iraq War Started, I was watching Fox as it had the best live fotage at that point on the air ( it was about 4:30 AM and I had been glued to the TV Since it started) and SCUD's where raining down on Kawit and the camera crew had to go off camera A bit and take shelter so they cut back to the "news room" where one of the dumb ass people they had said that she hoped that Saddam would Use Chemical Weapons , that would show those Liberals how wrong there where ...( not word for word as its from memory years ago, but that's basically what she said. I guess that's the Difference between me and them, I hoped the war would go nothing like I expected ( to bad it went more or less as I expected) And while I felt there was a decent chance he may still have some WMD, I really hoped I was wrong or that he never used it. Watching a group of US troops die of VX would not really make me feel good about being right that they had WMD.

People say stupid things...She apologized for it. Get over it. I remember when someone made a video depicting the assassination of President Bush and many of my democratic friends tried to defend the video to me.

Modern rule is:

It’s only wrong if it comes from the Right.

I have seen a video of Bush frying in an electric chair. If Obama's body was in place of Bush's......the outcry would be so great, there would be marches in the street.

There should be a thread about this.

Like Robert Byrd who was a big wig in the KKK, if he were a republican, he would NOT be anywhere in the government today, and he certainly would not be defended by democrats.

When republicans leave carbon foot prints it’s a sin against ... Hmm GOD? Or perhaps Mother Earth. When the liberal left movie stars do it, after doing TV ads to tell us its wrong and we need to stop. It’s ignored.

Another thread calls “certain” African Americans (Republicans) tokens and toms. That racism is perfectly acceptable, but if you just disagree with an African American who is a Democrat, you are a racist.

The list is pretty long; I think it would make a good thread.

Oh back to the current thread. I think she should have said sorry for calling Obama Osama. It really is easy to do, but we should try hard not to. Maybe we should all learn to say Mr. Obama, that would help the slip ups of saying Osama

I still think the worst I have sceen on Fox Noise, was the night the Iraq War Started, I was watching Fox as it had the best live fotage at that point on the air ( it was about 4:30 AM and I had been glued to the TV Since it started) and SCUD's where raining down on Kawit and the camera crew had to go off camera A bit and take shelter so they cut back to the "news room" where one of the dumb ass people they had said that she hoped that Saddam would Use Chemical Weapons , that would show those Liberals how wrong there where ...( not word for word as its from memory years ago, but that's basically what she said. I guess that's the Difference between me and them, I hoped the war would go nothing like I expected ( to bad it went more or less as I expected) And while I felt there was a decent chance he may still have some WMD, I really hoped I was wrong or that he never used it. Watching a group of US troops die of VX would not really make me feel good about being right that they had WMD.

You've got your panties in a wad over nothing - calm down. :D

Modern rule is:

It’s only wrong if it comes from the Right.

I have seen a video of Bush frying in an electric chair. If Obama's body was in place of Bush's......the outcry would be so great, there would be marches in the street.

There should be a thread about this.

Like Robert Byrd who was a big wig in the KKK, if he were a republican, he would NOT be anywhere in the government today, and he certainly would not be defended by democrats.

When republicans leave carbon foot prints it’s a sin against ... Hmm GOD? Or perhaps Mother Earth. When the liberal left movie stars do it, after doing TV ads to tell us its wrong and we need to stop. It’s ignored.

Another thread calls “certain” African Americans (Republicans) tokens and toms. That racism is perfectly acceptable, but if you just disagree with an African American who is a Democrat, you are a racist.

The list is pretty long; I think it would make a good thread.

Oh back to the current thread. I think she should have said sorry for calling Obama Osama. It really is easy to do, but we should try hard not to. Maybe we should all learn to say Mr. Obama, that would help the slip ups of saying Osama

geee you don't think it may have anything to do with who said it do ya? If I got pissed about everything some 14 year old put up on You tube I would have no life. But Sorry we are talking about someone on a major news agency ( sorta) Saying we would be lucky if someone killed Obama. Now I dont know , but some people actuly find News anchors on Natinal News Shows ...should be held to a slighly higher lever then that of a You Tube Poster.

I am sure the Right would not be pissed if Keith Olbermann said I hope someone puts 2 in McCain's head before the Election right?

Werbung:
You've got your panties in a wad over nothing - calm down. :D

news anchor publicly expresses desire for the murder of a sitting senator.

IT'S NOTHING, HE'S BLACK, THEY GET SHOT ALL THE TIME. YOU LIBS ARE OVERREACTING. QUIT PLAYING THE RACIST CARD. IT'S A JOKE! -libsmasher

you putrid troll.

Back