Fox news shows wrong footage...yet again...realy?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
this time it was Ron Paul getting screwed by Fox.

http://www.dailypaul.com/157223/bustedfox-news-cpac-ron-paul-video-deception

Some Ron Paul Supporters attacking this as Fox trying to weaken Paul, to support the Republicans it supports cough cough...the ones on its payroll?

So how often does Fox News have to be caught doing this..opps wrong footage before Fox Viewers start to pay attention? Wrong footage could happen sure..but so often? and almost always in teh favor of Fox news's viewpoint? hmmmm

Werbung:
Its Funny why no one blames CNN or MSNBC for doing that.

Oh hey there steveox:) Should I call you steve? It seems funny to call you steveox. Why is that your screen name? Does it come from your last name in real life? Anyway, HI.

But actually people do blame CNN when they do that.

type "CNN "wrong footage" " into google and you get 2680 hits.

type "msnbc "wrong footage" into google and you get 1540 hits.

I believe they all make mistakes.

What about bias? This article is very very interesting:
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

Basically it says that all media shows and newspapers are biased to the left except for two - "Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter."

And while it was right of center when they ranked the most centrist shows it still was number four of all shows out there -

"The most centrist outlet proved to be the "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer." CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown" and ABC's "Good Morning America" were a close second and third. [] The fourth most centrist outlet was "Special Report With Brit Hume" on Fox News, which often is cited by liberals as an egregious example of a right-wing outlet. While this news program proved to be right of center, the study found ABC's "World News Tonight" and NBC's "Nightly News" to be left of center. All three outlets were approximately equidistant from the center, the report found.

But that does not mean that all of fox news was right of center. Only the Brit Hume show. Fox's claim to fame is that they hire both liberal and conservatives to present the news.

So do their readers take notice when they make mistakes? Well a day or two ago they published an article called "The 5 myths of Climate Change" and there were no less than 57 comments from readers all complaining that the author was out of his mind.

So, given that of all news outlets available only two scored right of center If I wanted to get into a pissing contest and start creating threads every time a media outlet made a mistake or published a biased story I could scour all the leftist outlets out there and post 20+ threads to every one citing examples from the left as compared to examples from the right.

We don't want to do that do we?

Its funny you think fox just messes up...like how over and over they listed the Republican in a scandal as a Dem? Or how Fox while in a story useing overinflated numbers for protest they or there paid people sponsor...use wrong footage that fits there fake numbers... ?

But yes its all a accident

and you can cry about the left all you want...Notice where I got the info Ron Paul site and supporters...I know he is sooo liberal.

Its funny you think fox just messes up...like how over and over they listed the Republican in a scandal as a Dem? Or how Fox while in a story useing overinflated numbers for protest they or there paid people sponsor...use wrong footage that fits there fake numbers... ?

But yes its all a accident

and you can cry about the left all you want...Notice where I got the info Ron Paul site and supporters...I know he is sooo liberal.

The fact that Paul is not liberal supports the position that it is just a mistake because it goes against the expected bias.

The fact that I posted proof that all the networks make similar mistakes at about the same rate and you are still going on about just one of those networks supports the idea that you have your own bias.

But let the pissing begin. (Ok actually I don't intend to do anything as immature as that I just said it for dramatic flair. What I do post will be actual examples of mistaken or intentional bias and errors posted with attention to being accurate myself)

CNN - do they merely make mistakes or do they intentionally report news in a way to mislead their viewers? If you watch CNN do you want to be lied to or do you want to switch?

“The CNN programming studied tended to cast a negative light on Republican candidates—by a margin of three-to-one. Four-in-ten stories (41%) were clearly negative while just 14% were positive and 46% were neutral. The network provided negative coverage of all three main candidates with McCain fairing the worst (63% negative) and Romney fairing a little better than the others only because a majority of his coverage was neutral. It’s not that Democrats, other than Obama, fared well on CNN either. Nearly half of the Illinois Senator’s stories were positive (46%), vs. just 8% that were negative. But both Clinton and Edwards ended up with more negative than positive coverage overall. So while coverage for Democrats overall was a bit more positive than negative, that was almost all due to extremely favorable coverage for Obama.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies

Let's see what should I post?

CNN's putting a large X over Cheney's face in a NEWS broadcast?

CNN"S playing propaganda footage from insurgents at war with the US?

Reporter Octavia Nasr's "respect" (his words) for Hezbolah?

Cropping of images to make them appear to show the opposite of what they demonstrate?

Let's stick with the consistent anti-Jewish bias in which CNN intentionally tries to make Israel look like terrorists and make terrorists look like children with rock.

"It is 9 a.m. in Israel on October 23, 2000 and I just watched a five minute segment on CNN covering "The Crises in the Middle East." In the coverage, Rula Amin interviews Arafat, a Hamas leader, and two Palestinian leaders. No Israelis or Jews were interviewed for this segment. In this segment, the Palestinians are portrayed as stone throwing children, and the Israelis as well-trained, uniformed soldiers with sophisticated weapons. No armed Palestinians are shown, and no pained Israeli civilians - those whose cars have been hit by stones on the highway, whose apartments have been sprayed with gunfire, or whose loved ones have been beaten, kidnapped, lynched or murdered - are shown.

CNN put a great deal of work into producing this segment. First, camera crews had to obtain footage of events - both the violence and interviews with people about the violence. Then, a narrative had to be written that transformed the footage into a comprehensible (familiar), appealing and exciting story which the network could sell to its consumers/viewers. Finally, the tape had to be edited. Different editing of the same set of pictures can produce an entirely different views of the news.

In editing this segment, CNN chose to include the following points: 1) Sharon's visit was the source of the violence 2) Barak called a "time-out" from the peace process despite the moderate Arab Summit, and 3) more than 120 Arabs have been killed by Israeli troops.

CNN chose to NOT to include these points in this segment. Arafat's lack of a counteroffer to the serious compromises made by Barak at Camp David. Arafat's call for the violence (knowing the deaths of children would win him back international sympathy) as a way to gain the moral high-ground after Camp David. Arafat failure to call for an end to the violence despite the Sharm E-Sheikh agreement. Arafat's decision to free terrorists from prison knowing this increases the chance of terrorist attacks against Israelis. Barak's many unanswered requests for Arafat to show himself as a "peace partner" before calling for the "time-out" from the peace talks. The 120+ deaths as the direct result of the Israeli army trying to defend themselves and Israeli citizens against Palestinians throwing stones, igniting home-made bombs, and firing live ammunition at Israeli targets. Orders given by the Israeli government to the Israeli army to avoid causalities and only to shoot to kill if fired upon.

It is now 9:30 a.m., and CNN shows a flash which reads, "Israeli helicopter gunships attack Palestinian area near Jerusalem." In this case, CNN decided to exclude the fact that this "attack," in which there were no causalities because Beit Jala residents were warned to leave their homes, was a response to Palestinian aggression. The night before, Palestinian gunmen in Beit Jala fired shots into five streets, hitting 16 buildings, of the Jerusalem neighborhood of Gilo. The Palestinian gunmen did not warn Gilo residents to leave their homes. Two Gilo women were treated for shock."

This was a story that was filmed and edited over a long period of time. There were no mistakes in it because they had ample time to produce exactly what they wanted to produce.

Do you want me to start a Liberal News Bias/mistake Thread of the Day picking on one liberal news outlet each and every day? I have no doubt that I can find a story each and every day to start a new thread from. I have no doubt that Fox news cannot be found to make a mistake/bias like these each and every day.

Rand Paul was invented by Fox News to try and lure people away from a Republican canidate who has no pact with Satan.

The fact that Paul is not liberal supports the position that it is just a mistake because it goes against the expected bias.

The fact that I posted proof that all the networks make similar mistakes at about the same rate and you are still going on about just one of those networks supports the idea that you have your own bias.

But let the pissing begin. (Ok actually I don't intend to do anything as immature as that I just said it for dramatic flair. What I do post will be actual examples of mistaken or intentional bias and errors posted with attention to being accurate myself)

based on the Ron Paul site, Fox news has a history of bias against him...Ron Paul is a republican...but he is not the standard Buisness suck up Republican...nor is he one of the ones on there payroll....

You don't think there is a Bias to Huck, Palin, Newt aka Fox News 2014? I got a bridge to sell ya then.

Rand Paul was invented by Fox News to try and lure people away from a Republican canidate who has no pact with Satan.

I think Rand was invented by his Dad Ron...just a guess....:)

I like Ron,...agree almost never, but like him. Meet some of his Delegates at the RNC 2 years ago, reminded me of why I use to be more Republican.

based on the Ron Paul site, Fox news has a history of bias against him...Ron Paul is a republican...but he is not the standard Buisness suck up Republican...nor is he one of the ones on there payroll....

You don't think there is a Bias to Huck, Palin, Newt aka Fox News 2014? I got a bridge to sell ya then.

Bias is unavoidable. Their bias does not warrant being singled out by you for attack. Are you posting on this thread because you have a love for truth or because you think you can advance liberalism by attacking Fox?

I already posted the data that officially shows that their bias to the right is on one of their shows and it just so happens that it is also listed as one of the four most centrists shows in America.

The mistakes Fox makes are no more numerous than the mistakes other networks make and their bias is certainly far less. A problem that occurs is that when people see bias all to the left on so many networks that it begins to look normal and then even the slightest bias to the right looks extreme to them.

Bias is unavoidable. Their bias does not warrant being singled out by you for attack. Are you posting on this thread because you have a love for truth or because you think you can advance liberalism by attacking Fox?

I already posted the data that officially shows that their bias to the right is on one of their shows and it just so happens that it is also listed as one of the four most centrists shows in America.

The mistakes Fox makes are no more numerous than the mistakes other networks make and their bias is certainly far less. A problem that occurs is that when people see bias all to the left on so many networks that it begins to look normal and then even the slightest bias to the right looks extreme to them.

First you assume they are mistakes...but when you have many mistakes like this, all in favor of your narrative...makes you question how much of a mistake.

and there is a difference between Bias, leaning one way, and uses the news to push forth a agenda regardless of facts.

also I just did a search asking for MSNBC wrong footage...found a few...2 had no wrong fottage or if did...could not figure out how it was wrong at all...nothing that would change the point of the video...one was Obama giving a speach, while they talked about his speech...there was no audio and nothing suggesting in the video that it was in fact wrong..

closest I found was one guy yelling about how a video was cropped on MSNBC vs CNN...claiming they edited out that the man with that AR-15 protesting Obama was Black...of course watching it, seems they are trying to focos more on the fact that he not only has a Ar-15 but a pistol also in the view when you see closer...a difference in editing sure, but nothing that is not correct...

First you assume they are mistakes...but when you have many mistakes like this, all in favor of your narrative...makes you question how much of a mistake.

and there is a difference between Bias, leaning one way, and uses the news to push forth a agenda regardless of facts.

That's what statistics are for.

Does fox make more mistakes than the other news shows?
Are all of them in favor of their narrative?
If they run 24 hours a day and play 300 clips everyday for 10 years there are going to be a certain number of clips that are wrong. What is that percentage? Is it high? Is it low?

We can post anecdotal evidence all day but until one does a systematic survey and uses statistics to analyze the results one will never know.

The problem with anecdotal evidence is it is almost completely subject to, guess what, here it comes, - bias.

I believe Fox is biased but I also believe the others are biased too so I would not be singling out just the one. I have not seen enough to show that there is a bias against Ron Paul (whom I like) or that this last example is an example of bias.

Werbung:
That's what statistics are for.

Does fox make more mistakes than the other news shows?
Are all of them in favor of their narrative?
If they run 24 hours a day and play 300 clips everyday for 10 years there are going to be a certain number of clips that are wrong. What is that percentage? Is it high? Is it low?

We can post anecdotal evidence all day but until one does a systematic survey and uses statistics to analyze the results one will never know.

The problem with anecdotal evidence is it is almost completely subject to, guess what, here it comes, - bias.

I believe Fox is biased but I also believe the others are biased too so I would not be singling out just the one. I have not seen enough to show that there is a bias against Ron Paul (whom I like) or that this last example is an example of bias.

part of the issue is, are they mistakes...like I said, someone else has posted here how they labeled the Republican in a scandle as a Dem...not just once ( could be a mistake ) but many times over different days...and have done same to others.

issue is not mistakes, but is there some intent maybe?

Back