Frankly Speaking - Congressman Barney Blasts Back

The Bare Knuckled Pundit

Brash, abrasive, arrogant, caustic, disrespectful and condescending. These are the more socially acceptable adjectives that come to mind when I think of the unreconstructed Liberal stalwart and belligerent progressive, Democratic Congressman Barney Frank.

Needless to say, I am not a fan of Congressman Frank, his political philosophy or his penchant for patronization. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe his grandstanding antics, bullying tactics and out of hand disdain for those with political views different from his own are exemplary of some of the worst characteristics of today's patently uncivil public discourse. However, as my Grandfather always admonished me, I must give the Devil - or in this case the Congressman - his due.

At a town hall meeting in Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Congressman Frank doggedly held forth in the face of angry constituents over the justifiably maligned House version of health care reform. Addressing a woman with a poster depicting President Obama with a Hitler-style mustache, Frank asked, "On what planet do you spend most of your time?"

Responding to the woman's query as to why he supported what she referred to as a "Nazi" policy, Frank dismissed her saying, "Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it."

At one point, the thirteen term Congressman from Massachusetts' 4th congressional district asked the crowd, "Which one of you wants to yell next?"

While I find the Congressman's condescending attitude reprehensible, I nonetheless applaud his willingness to stand before his constituents and endure the snakes and arrows of the public square. Unlike the Democratic Dragon Lady, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Frank at least demonstrates the courage of his convictions by publicly defending the bill he helped draft and shepherd through the House.

If that the Speaker and the rest of the Democratic leadership were as forthright as the gentleman from Massachusetts' 4th, perhaps the nation would have a better understanding of where the course they hope to set us on actually leads. Were there to be a candid, thorough, and yes, frank discussion of the bill, it's provisions and costs, then perhaps the public's inflamed spleen could be vented once and for all. Having done so, the nation could then move forward to rationally consider it based on it's merits, or lack there of.

As the old saw goes, knowledge is power. Empower the people, Madame Speaker, by enlightening them.

Nonetheless, regardless of the Speakers aversion to dirtying herself with democracy's dissonant discourse, Congressman Frank earns hearty Bare Knuckled kudos for his willingness to publicly defend the incomprehensible and fear-inspiring behemoth that is the House health care reform bill. While the Congressman's theme song on the Rush Limbaugh show is the 50's doo wop classic, "Lollipop", I'd dare suggest that Tom Petty's "I Wont' Back Down" would be an equally apt selection.

In a world that keeps pushing him around, faithful readers, Frank stands his ground and he won't back down.

Stay tuned for further updates as events warrant and we see if the Speaker has the courage of her lieutenant to face the withering fire of public opinion.

Werbung:
He wouldn't have a rational discussion with a woman holding a picture of Obama with a Hitler Mustache, and accusing him of supporting "Nazi policy"? He actually said that having a conversation with her would be like trying to argue with a dining room table?

Gosh, how condescending can you be? Why, I'd think he'd be happy to have a rational conversation with such a person, were rationality a remote possibility.

Pundit - The condescension and hubris aside, I can appreciate your acknowledgment of the Congressmans' willingness to face the slings and arrows. However, he is also known for his extremely outrageous effrontery in confrontational situations.

If I were in his district, I would be dedicating every resource available to his defeat, either by another Democrat in a primary or general election. Not that I'd not be anyway, with his on-going habits of hypocrisy and shady dealings. He's the type that has got to have our founding fathers absolutely spinning in their graves.

He wouldn't have a rational discussion with a woman holding a picture of Obama with a Hitler Mustache, and accusing him of supporting "Nazi policy"? He actually said that having a conversation with her would be like trying to argue with a dining room table?

Gosh, how condescending can you be? Why, I'd think he'd be happy to have a rational conversation with such a person, were rationality a remote possibility.

LOL! I'd think that if the woman were also swinging a dead cat from the other hand and shouting through a shoulder-mounted megaphone, she might be close to approaching his own level of absurdity, and a worthy opponent! Guess his reference "...a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it..." actually means it would be to bland, not nearly spicy enough for him!

Did you cheer when Bush told you that in regards to numerous issues?

IF Bush had said it to POS, he would have been just more the evil-idiot they continually paint him as.

Me, however, would have definitely stood up and cheered if he'd said that to POS. That is, after I picked myself up off the floor where I'd fallen from laughing so hard...

IF Bush had said it to POS, he would have been just more the evil-idiot they continually paint him as.

Me, however, would have definitely stood up and cheered if he'd said that to POS. That is, after I picked myself up off the floor where I'd fallen from laughing so hard...

So we more or less established this is just a political persuasion issue it seems. :)

True that!;)

Many of these Town Halls are circuses simply to try and get some media air time. Most of the people disrupting are out on the Far FAR Right.

The fact is when you go somewhere waving a picture of our President with a Hitler mustache because he... wants everyone to have affordable healthcare... :rolleyes:

Not wanting to invade Poland or kill Jews... wants everybody to have affordable healthcare...:rolleyes:

And now we have people really pushing the envelope carrying sidearms and even assault weapons around where our President is speaking. When you look up dumb in the dictionary... that's it. They're so invested in being radical that they completely overlook the dangers.

At some point there's going to be a heated altercation between groups and maybe the guy packing doesn't draw his weapon... but maybe someone else is the crowd a little more loony grabs it out of someone's open holster during a bunch of confusion.

Leave the guns at home. It's dumb to bring them to political events unless you're with law enforcement. And even dumber if you're also holding a sign that refers to the need for the blood of people to water the tree of liberty.

John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan and John Hinckley would have loved this group of wingnuts.

The fact is when you go somewhere waving a picture of our President with a Hitler mustache because he... wants everyone to have affordable healthcare... QUOTE]

You mean like this?

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

155-5568_IMG.JPG

118-1867_IMG.JPG

Werbung:
IMG_3378.JPG

ringobu****ler17.jpg

ringobu****ler15.jpg

Another one that targets republicans, not just President George W. Bush
ringobu****ler14.jpg

Crud, three of these Bush = Hilter pictures wont show because there is a cuss word in the tag... but you do get the idea?

Back