Gabby Giffords husband bought a gun

steveox

Gabby Giffords' husband buys assault weapon

(CNN) – Mark Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords and an outspoken advocate for new gun control measures, purchased an AR-15 assault rifle in Tucson recently as a demonstration of what he says are unobtrusive background checks.

The retired space shuttle commander wrote on his Facebook page he would turn in the weapon – which he said he hadn't yet obtained - to the city's police department.

"Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week," Kelly wrote, referring to the Senate panel where gun control legislation is up for a vote this week.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/11/gabby-giffords-husband-buys-assault-weapon/

Well well doesnt this show how hippocratical the Democrats are really are. How can an Husband of a wife who just got shot buys an assult gun? Why hasnt Gabby filed for divorce? Just ;like Bill Clinton wife Hillary refuses to divorce her husband Bill when he had sex with Monica Lewinsky. You see Republican wifes divorces their husbands on principle. Like Mark Stanford wife did when he had an affair. You see Democrats dont really stand on principle. Just like Obama supports public education and stands with teachers unions but he sends his daughters to a private school. Democrats are against guns but they buy them for themselves and hire armed guards to protect themselves when the rest of us have to rely on the police. So Democrats are hippocrates Republicans stand on principle.

Werbung:
Youre supposed to stand on principle. Like for example,,If you support gun ban then you dont get one or have one around you. If you support public education make sure your kids go to an public education school. If you want an moral marriage you do your wife only you dont do another young chick or a man.

Youre supposed to stand on principle. Like for example,,If you support gun ban then you dont get one or have one around you. If you support public education make sure your kids go to an public education school. If you want an moral marriage you do your wife only you dont do another young chick or a man.

kind of demonstrates his lack of principle huh ?

its a meaningless gesture and I shudder to think this is the sort of space cadet we are spending NASA money on.

Interesting that you fail to point out that he posted this to his facebook..."I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. "

Actually its to be expected...as it fails the story you want to tell...so you make it look like he is being a Hypocrite while he was really trying to demonstrate something.

Hard to imagine a liberal-minded man being found in the grasp of hypocrisy.
I've just never seen that happen before.

Well--except for members of Congress who want armed guards for themselves and their families--but don't want YOU to be able to protect your own home.

Not unlike the hatred for parochial schools getting any govt. money for the kids THEY teach--whilst sending their own little darlings to Sidwell Friends--to hobnob with the upper crust and acquire patrician accents.

It matters NOT..We live in a Republic not a Democracy...Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin"
Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.
I think in the last few years we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a lot of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson
"The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -Samuel Adams

How could anyone not understand that? Mr. Gifford is more than likely a very honorable man...Just way wrong on this issue..

Interesting that you fail to point out that he posted this to his facebook..."I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. "

Actually its to be expected...as it fails the story you want to tell...so you make it look like he is being a Hypocrite while he was really trying to demonstrate something.

what exactly has he demonstrated P ?

modern computing and communication make it possible to do in the twinkling of an eye. most people would see this as a good thing.

so a guy with nothing on his record has that demonstrated. so what ?

all these shootings people on the left now find so horrible would not have been stopped by background checks as all the weapons were either obtained legally or in the case of the Conn guy, borrowed from mom.

its not so much hypocritical as it is stupid. he does not appear to be the rocket scientist one might have imagined him to be. or standards have dropped a lot from when my uncle was a NASA guy.

Cashncall Its not Democracy...Its a capitolist nation. Its about money.
steve, a constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us. God I hope that does't happen..

modern computing and communication make it possible to do in the twinkling of an eye. most people would see this as a good thing.

all these shootings people on the left now find so horrible would not have been stopped by background checks as all the weapons were either obtained legally or in the case of the Conn guy, borrowed from mom.

its not so much hypocritical as it is stupid. he does not appear to be the rocket scientist one might have imagined him to be. or standards have dropped a lot from when my uncle was a NASA guy.

my guess is that A how easy it is to buy a assault weapon...and how Universal Background checks would not be cause some huge hassle for people...Point is still bitching about him doing it and complaining about how he can have one but does not want others to...when if you paid any attention you would know that none of that is true...But facts be damned.

Werbung:

The Colorado shooting, and Vteck ones could have been stopped with mental health stops on them getting guns as both where nut jobs.. Plus with some 12000-16,000 plus gun murders a year....how many murders stopped would be enough for you to say, hey you know what...maybe that guy who got out of jail a few years ago for armed robbery and Dealing drugs should not have a gun legally...for you to care? Maybe if the law said if your a Gun mule you can get 30 years in jail verse nothing..we could cut down on some guns in the hands of people who should not have them. Maybe if you gun nuts would figure out that that gun in your house is far more likey to end up shooting someone in your family...or being used by your kid to shoot someone...then it will to protect you...so maybe not taking your kid with mental issues to shot Ar-15's is not a great fucking plan as a parent? But well I guess she paid that price. But I know I know...we just need more guns....even though we have more hten just about evry nation...and also more gun deaths then others...if we just get a few more...I mean that no gun thing only works for other nations. We are the US we need to kill more.

Back