Gallup poll: Ronald Reagan greatest President

Little-Acorn

Once the screaming of the leftist fanatics dies down and their heroes continue their slow slide, history usually gets it right eventually.

--------------------------------------

http://www.*************/conservati...1-greatest-presidents-of-all-time-gallup-poll

Presidents Day 2011: Greatest Presidents of All-Time - Gallup Poll

February 18th, 2011 11:34 pm ET

According to this year's Presidents Day Gallup Poll, President Ronald Reagan is the Greatest President of All-Time. In the past 12 years, Reagan, President Abraham Lincoln, and President John F. Kennedy have consistently shared time at the top of the list.

Presidents Day, the third Monday in February, is often thought to celebrate President George Washington's birthday as he was the first President of the United States, and his actual birthday is on February 22nd. However, the latest version of the celebrated holiday is for all Presidents. Washington, incidentally, came in at number five this year.

The Greatest Presidents (as of February 2011) are:

Ronald Reagan (19% of the total vote)

Abraham Lincoln (14% of the total vote)

Bill Clinton (13% of the total vote)

John F. Kennedy (11% of the total vote)

George Washington (10% of the total vote)

Werbung:
Yeah saw that.

There is no way BJ Bubba (the impeached one) should be rated that high.

And, while you all know how I admire The Great One Ronald Reagan, he is not as great as Washington.

My Greatest:
  1. Washington
  2. Reagan
  3. Coolidge
  4. Truman - for ending WWII with A-bombs

Worst - FDR, Wilson, Carter, Clinton, and the current occupant.

Once the screaming of the leftist fanatics dies down and their heroes continue their slow slide, history usually gets it right eventually.

http://www.*************/conservati...1-greatest-presidents-of-all-time-gallup-poll

According to this year's Presidents Day Gallup Poll, President Ronald Reagan is the Greatest President of All-Time. In the past 12 years, Reagan, President Abraham Lincoln, and President John F. Kennedy have consistently shared time at the top of the list.

Presidents Day, the third Monday in February, is often thought to celebrate President George Washington's birthday as he was the first President of the United States, and his actual birthday is on February 22nd. However, the latest version of the celebrated holiday is for all Presidents. Washington, incidentally, came in at number five this year.

Bill Clinton,,Really? Lets see,,,

And this is after

And you call this one of the greatest presidents? I see one of the grestest liars in American history. I agree George Washington is one of the Greatest Presidents of All-Time. He could never tell a lie.

Yeah saw that.

There is no way BJ Bubba (the impeached one) should be rated that high.

And, while you all know how I admire The Great One Ronald Reagan, he is not as great as Washington.

My Greatest:
  1. Washington
  2. Reagan
  3. Coolidge
  4. Truman - for ending WWII with A-bombs

Worst - FDR, Wilson, Carter, Clinton, and the current occupant.

Washington is #1 without a doubt, Silent Cal is under appreciated, Truman as noted. JFK had his ups and downs and you can agree or disagree with his politics but was a born leader.

Worst, Lincoln by a large margin then Obama, Carter, Wilson and a host of others.

us liberals I am sure will be happy with 4 of the top 5 being on our Fav list... ( though I will note that I never cared for Clinton myself)

All such polls are afflicted with "presentism" - meaning things that happened relatively recently are given undue weight by the uninformed. Eg, you could take a poll on the best ten movies of all time, and almost all of the results would be in the last ten years, and of those most in the last five.

Although K12 "education" has a very strong component of anti-white maleism nowadays, even younger dolts will have at least HEARD of washington and lincoln, who certainly belong on the list. Putting Clinton on is a sobering testament to the ignorance of even RECENT history of most people.

What was it specifically that Washington did that you guys think he warrants him being automatically included on that list?

What was it specifically that Washington did that you guys think he warrants him being automatically included on that list?

He answered a call that he really didnt want to answer, he kept true to the intent of the cause forgoing personal gain and set the country on as right a course as possible and did it all on people's belief in his character and integrity. I do not believe any others did this.

steeping down after 2 terms would be one key...while not changing any law he helped cement the idea that one should serve there time, but not rule for a lifetime like a King...His proclamation of Neutrality, ( of course we are far from that now) but was needed and very helpful at at time of a new nation to not get drawn into euro affairs at a time when many wanted to. Helped join the states together to form the Federal government.

Given the power he was able to have given his power with the people and what he could have done with it, his example may have been the biggest accomplishment...in how if effected others after him even to this day. Maybe its not a big slashy...Defeated the Germans or something, but its pretty big in my view.

He answered a call that he really didnt want to answer, he kept true to the intent of the cause forgoing personal gain and set the country on as right a course as possible and did it all on people's belief in his character and integrity. I do not believe any others did this.

"Answering the call" does not make you a great President...

I am not sure what you mean by "kept true to the intent of the cause forgoing personal gain"...can you elaborate?

And what do you mean he "did it all on people's belief in his character and integrity"?

What are some concrete examples that make him a great President?

Not automatically included, but first.

He deserves it due to his love of liberty and America. He would not accept a monarchy even though it was offered to him.

He was America's greatest leader. He said no president should stay for more than two terms and all agreed with him until the egotist fool FDR thought himself greater than the greatest.

Give the last word to Washington’s great adversary, King George III. The king asked his American painter, Benjamin West, what Washington would do after winning independence. West replied, “They say he will return to his farm.”

“If he does that,” the incredulous monarch said, “he will be the greatest man in the world.”
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5593

May want to check your math, you sport numbers 3 and 4 only.

realy? I did not know that, I will tell the rest of all the liberals we are wrong for supporting the man who feed the slaves...something us liberals hold in pretty high regard....And I did not know I can't support Washington as a liberal...it must also be in your idiots guide to straw men for Conservatives.

Also funny how I support Clinton because you say so...ignoring that I voted against him twice and did not like him at all.

steeping down after 2 terms would be one key...while not changing any law he helped cement the idea that one should serve there time, but not rule for a lifetime like a King...His proclamation of Neutrality, ( of course we are far from that now) but was needed and very helpful at at time of a new nation to not get drawn into euro affairs at a time when many wanted to. Helped join the states together to form the Federal government.

Given the power he was able to have given his power with the people and what he could have done with it, his example may have been the biggest accomplishment...in how if effected others after him even to this day. Maybe its not a big slashy...Defeated the Germans or something, but its pretty big in my view.

He didn't get involved in European affairs, but he did get involved in the rebellion in Haiti.. with other European powers.

Ok, but I can agree his example was important... so he set a good example..but there has to be more to make you a great President right?

Werbung:
Not automatically included, but first.

He deserves it due to his love of liberty and America. He would not accept a monarchy even though it was offered to him.

He was America's greatest leader. He said no president should stay for more than two terms and all agreed with him until the egotist fool FDR thought himself greater than the greatest.

pub_id=5593"]http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5593[/URL]

Ok, so here is our list so far:

1) Did not become a king.
2) Did not serve more than 2 terms.
3) Set a good example.

I think it is important to note as well there were many who were adamantly opposed to the idea of Washington becoming a King at the time as well... but surely there is more that makes him the best President right? I mean many other President's can meet all of those requirements too.

Back