General Strike Nov 2 ?

dogtowner

Staff member
I guess we know what Open will be doing or not doing as the case may be)

break out your tie dye or Che attire !

Occupy Wall Street Launches Nationwide General Strike: First In America Since 1946

Rumors have been flying for a week that the Occupy protesters will be launching a nationwide general strike. We have been biting our tongue waiting for a formal decision.
Mother Jones tweets:
From our reporter at #occupyoakland General Assembly just now MT @timmcdonnell: General strike passes with 1184 votes of approval
JackalAnon tweets:
STRIKE APPROVED FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY! GENERAL STRIKE FIRST TIME IN THE USA SINCE 1946!
(The last American general strike was also in Oakland).
The strike will occur on November 2nd.
Occupy Wall Street in New York has also been considering a proposal for a general strike. And there are also rumors of a global general strike next year.
Note: We’ll update this post as soon as we learn whether or not the New York resolution passed.

Werbung:

I am getting very tired of your continuing to "single me out" in an effort to attack my opinions and my stands.

I find this to be a little too many attacks coming from a man in a "glass house!"

First, I won't strike, because I am retired.

Second, I will be happy to support the OWS in anyway (probably financially) I can, and I am proud of it.

So, your stupid attacks are falling short of your goals!

Personally, I am embarrassed by your stand and your lack of understanding of very important issues that this country is facing.

All I see is "party line propaganda," and not even that well thought out!

You seem to have no mind of your own, but you spend most of your time attacking other people's opinions.

Get a life. . or better yet, get a mind of your own, get a brain!

Tell me what you are giving, so I can double it and give it a conservative group. ;)

I'm sure you have a lot more funds than I do. . .and I'm sure you are already giving to conservative groups. . .

so you are just being silly!

But, who would have thought, one month ago, that the OWS would have such an impact?

I'm proud of them, I am proud of the fact that they have been able to avoid violence, even when the police pushed them to the limit, and that they are organizing, without giving up their independence. . .Although, it is clear, that the Right have decided to attack them mercilessly (so, what's new?), while many on the Left recognize their valid complaints and many think like they do.

Yep. . .it is a force to be recon with. .. . .

Don't hear much about the tea party lately! ;):)

I am getting very tired of your continuing to "single me out" in an effort to attack my opinions and my stands.

I find this to be a little too many attacks coming from a man in a "glass house!"

First, I won't strike, because I am retired.

Second, I will be happy to support the OWS in anyway (probably financially) I can, and I am proud of it.

So, your stupid attacks are falling short of your goals!

Personally, I am embarrassed by your stand and your lack of understanding of very important issues that this country is facing.

All I see is "party line propaganda," and not even that well thought out!

You seem to have no mind of your own, but you spend most of your time attacking other people's opinions.

Get a life. . or better yet, get a mind of your own, get a brain!

I thought you would be excited being our own board Occupier !

Maybe you could just refrain from going to the bank or check your e-trade in solidarity.

I'm sure you have a lot more funds than I do. . .and I'm sure you are already giving to conservative groups. . .

so you are just being silly!

I don't give to groups actually...only directly to candidates (or their PAC's at times)
But, who would have thought, one month ago, that the OWS would have such an impact?

What real impact have they had?

I'm proud of them, I am proud of the fact that they have been able to avoid violence, even when the police pushed them to the limit, and that they are organizing, without giving up their independence. .

This is an accomplishment?

.Although, it is clear, that the Right have decided to attack them mercilessly (so, what's new?), while many on the Left recognize their valid complaints and many think like they do.

Does sound a bit like the Tea Party...with obviously differences.

Don't hear much about the tea party lately! ;):)

Must be because they are busy governing after actually getting people elected...how many OWS candidates are currently in the US Congress and Senate?

I don't give to groups actually...only directly to candidates (or their PAC's at times)

What real impact have they had?

This is an accomplishment?

Does sound a bit like the Tea Party...with obviously differences.

Must be because they are busy governing after actually getting people elected...how many OWS candidates are currently in the US Congress and Senate?

Last time I checked, OWS was not in existence in 2010?

Was the tea party active in the election cycle of 2008?

And, yes, OWS is having an impact! Are you not watchint ANY news. . .even Fox who would rather ignore them than to recognize they exist had to resort to attacking them, because they could not be ignore!

And, yes, for a REAL grass root movement, spending 6 weeks on the street, and spreading not only nation wide, but world wide without real violence (at least not FROM the OWS ranks) is a real accomplishment.

If you cannot see that. . .you are keeping your head in the sand!

Did the Tea Party go WORLD WIDE? :rolleyes::)

Last time I checked, OWS was not in existence in 2010?

Was the tea party active in the election cycle of 2008?

Are any OWS people even talking about running?

And, yes, OWS is having an impact! Are you not watchint ANY news. . .even Fox who would rather ignore them than to recognize they exist had to resort to attacking them, because they could not be ignore!

I ask again...what impact? What meaningful accomplishment has been done?

And, yes, for a REAL grass root movement, spending 6 weeks on the street, and spreading not only nation wide, but world wide without real violence (at least not FROM the OWS ranks) is a real accomplishment.

If you cannot see that. . .you are keeping your head in the sand!

Did the Tea Party go WORLD WIDE? :rolleyes::)

You make it sound like existing is an accomplishment...what have they actually accomplished as of yet?

Are any OWS people even talking about running?

Did any tea party people start running for office in their first two months of existence? And please do not refer Palin. . .she was "chosen" to run with McCain much before the tea party (at least the "current" tea party) had left the mind of the KOCH brothers!
But I am starting to hear talks about a more politically engaged OWS. . . . Let's see what happen in the next 6 months!

I ask again...what impact? What meaningful accomplishment has been done?

What impact did the tea party have in the first 6 weeks of existence? Certainly not an impact that drove people as far as Australia to join the movement!

You make it sound like existing is an accomplishment...what have they actually accomplished as of yet?

EXISTING, 24 hours a day, in the open, and growing, every day.
Succeeding in maintaining a non-violent stand even while faced with police violence.

Resisting the desire to hit the trolls from Fox news on the nose when they invade the ranks of OWS to make fun of them, or to gather "weird" information to show on national TV, while ignoring the REAL messages and the very intelligent debates that are fostered by OWS.

All those are VERY HIGH achievement.

Why. . .did you think I would mention "being able to write signs without spelling mistakes" as accomplishments??? It's true, but it goes without saying!:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Did any tea party people start running for office in their first two months of existence? And please do not refer Palin. . .she was "chosen" to run with McCain much before the tea party (at least the "current" tea party) had left the mind of the KOCH brothers!
But I am starting to hear talks about a more politically engaged OWS. . . . Let's see what happen in the next 6 months!

We shall indeed see...I wonder if they will be classifed as "OWS Candidates" as well?

What impact did the tea party have in the first 6 weeks of existence? Certainly not an impact that drove people as far as Australia to join the movement!

Why would people in Austrialia join a movement that arose because of American spending??

EXISTING, 24 hours a day, in the open, and growing, every day.
Succeeding in maintaining a non-violent stand even while faced with police violence.

Resisting the desire to hit the trolls from Fox news on the nose when they invade the ranks of OWS to make fun of them, or to gather "weird" information to show on national TV, while ignoring the REAL messages and the very intelligent debates that are fostered by OWS.

All those are VERY HIGH achievement.

Why. . .did you think I would mention "being able to write signs without spelling mistakes" as accomplishments??? It's true, but it goes without saying!:rolleyes:

How about you examine some actual data in regards to intelligence?

From thte New York Times:
Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

If you are going to call the Tea Party "stupid", you will need to accept that they are more educated than the general public.

Back