GOP motto these days. My tribe, right or wrong.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

I have noted that many Republicans are saying that they cannot support Trump’s position on many issues but will hold their noses as they vote for him anyway.

This looks to me to be the Republicans putting their own interests ahead of the countries.

Sure, they say that an odious Republican is better than any Democrat to justify their vote for Trump but I just see it as personal interest being put ahead of the needs and reputation of the countries.

Please bear in mind that being Canadian, I do not have a horse in your race, so Republicans selling their souls to Satan/Trump has no effect on me. Mind you, I like how he would deal with Muslims.

What do you think of the new GOP motto; My tribe or party right or wrong?

Regards
DL

Werbung:
The GOP was a tribe long before Trump. The tribe has lots of infighting too. But you are right Trump shows the GOP is a tribe much better than anything else.

What do you think of the new GOP motto; My tribe or party right or wrong?
Earlier in March there was talk some Conservatives would field a candidate in case Trump won got the nomination. After Cruz dropped out that kind of fizzled out and the GOP started warming up to Trump.

I think the GOP has some tough choices to make. Not voting for Trump is tantamount to voting for Hillary who isn't a better candidate.

Earlier in March there was talk some Conservatives would field a candidate in case Trump won got the nomination. After Cruz dropped out that kind of fizzled out and the GOP started warming up to Trump.

I think the GOP has some tough choices to make. Not voting for Trump is tantamount to voting for Hillary who isn't a better candidate.

The better of two evils is the choice that all must make if loyalty to the country is superior to the loyalty to a party.

I think all should always vote their conscience and put the country before ones small tribe. I think that chastising ones own tribe is showing more loyalty to it in the long run than to let it go the wrong way.

Regards
DL

I think all should always vote their conscience and put the country before ones small tribe. I think that chastising ones own tribe is showing more loyalty to it in the long run than to let it go the wrong way.
People can still do the right thing and vote for the Green Party. But who is going to vote for Jill Stein?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politics/jill-stein-green-presidential-candidate/
Likely Green Party presidential nominee Dr. Jill Stein said Wednesday voters "badly" want a change, urging them to support her in November if they wanted to fix America's broken political system and rigged economy.
Just saying there's no need to choose between Trump and Hillary. The others who want to be president should also get some attention.

Just saying there's no need to choose between Trump and Hillary. The others who want to be president should also get some attention.
Yes, in principle you are right. But the practicality is that "A vote for X is a vote against Y and also a vote for Z." That is the unfortunate result of a system with two dominant parties.

Yes, in principle you are right. But the practicality is that "A vote for X is a vote against Y and also a vote for Z." That is the unfortunate result of a system with two dominant parties.

Choosing the best is to choose the best, not to go against the other but because it is the best.

Steak and chicken. If you prefer steak, it does not mean you have something against chickens. It just means you prefer steak.

Regards
DL

Choosing the best is to choose the best, not to go against the other but because it is the best.

Steak and chicken. If you prefer steak, it does not mean you have something against chickens. It just means you prefer steak.

Regards
DL
As I said that is a good principle in general, but if you really want the best but know you can't get it, why not compromise and choose the second best.

As I said that is a good principle in general, but if you really want the best but know you can't get it, why not compromise and choose the second best.

That may just be how Hitler was elected.

I picked an extreme case there but the idea is that allegiance is sworn to the country and not just a small tribe within it.

Those who do not vote their conscience are not keeping their oath.

Better to spoil a ballot to send a message than to compromise ones conscience.

Regards
DL

I think there are lots of people who will go voting not because they like Hillary or Trump. There many who'll vote for Trump because they don't trust Hillary while on the other side there'll be others who'll vote for Hillary because they hate Trump. So either way, neither of them is being elected because there are many people who like them.

I think there are lots of people who will go voting not because they like Hillary or Trump. There many who'll vote for Trump because they don't trust Hillary while on the other side there'll be others who'll vote for Hillary because they hate Trump. So either way, neither of them is being elected because there are many people who like them.

If that is the case, better to spoil the voter numbers with abstention to indicate to the crappy politicians of how how people want better.

Change will not come by them thinking they actually have support.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Back