GOP Senator Richard Lugar endorses Obama

Popeye

GOP Senator Richard Lugar endorses Obama's diplomacy

While looking out for what is in America's best interest, Lugar also gets to be part of the winning team...win win all around. This is a big boost for Obama in Indiana

The ranking Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee parted ways with his party's presidential nominee Wednesday by endorsing Democrat Barack Obama's approach to diplomacy.

In a lengthy speech at the National Defense University, Indiana Sen. Richard G. Lugar weighed the benefits of talking to foreign leaders, including U.S. enemies, against other actions, such as military force. The issue marks one of the sharpest divides between Obama and John McCain, who has called the Democratic nominee naive for suggesting that he would sit down with leaders such as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Lugar, however, praised Obama, noting that isolation often does not resolve contentious issues.

"He correctly cautions against the implication that hostile nations must be dealt with almost exclusively through isolation or military force," Lugar said in a prepared remarks released before his speech. "In some cases, refusing to talk can even be dangerous."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20081015/pl_cq_politics/politics2975236

Werbung:
Lugar is backing McCain... Agreeing that we should talk to other countries (which we've never stopped doing) is not the same thing as "endorsing" Obama... Oh, and you left this little part out:

Lugar, however, said McCain is right to warn that "there are times when diplomatic approaches to rogue regimes have little efficacy."

Obama_Masturbation_Dummies3.gif

Popeye make an official debate thread so we are not all making a million debate threads

I'm not going to be watching too much of the debate...baseball playoffs are on.

Lugar is backing McCain... Agreeing that we should talk to other countries (which we've never stopped doing) is not the same thing as "endorsing" Obama... Oh, and you left this little part out:

Obama_Masturbation_Dummies3.gif

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out...I have made the suitable correction to the thread title, though it probably wont show up out front.

Werbung:
I'm not going to be watching too much of the debate...baseball playoffs are on.

well make the thread, pronounce obama wins before the debate starts and we will have some place to post :)

I hope I dont make you too mad. I actually do enjoy bantering back and fourth with both you and Top Gun.

You have become my fav lib (in cyberspace)

Back