Grab a Mop

cygonaut

(excerpt)

In August, at the height of the Tea Party Movement, I counseled that the temporary gains of Republican's would turn out to be ephemeral. The new Washington Post/ABC News Poll proves my point.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/morning-fix-beating-something.html

Less than one in five voters (19 percent) expressed confidence in Republicans' ability to make the right decisions for America's future while a whopping 79 percent lacked that confidence.

Among independent voters, who went heavily for Obama in 2008 and congressional Democrats in 2006, the numbers for Republicans on the confidence questions were even more worse. Just 17 percent of independents expressed confidence in Republicans' ability to make the right decision while 83 percent said they did not have that confidence.On the generic ballot question, 51 percent of the sample said they would cast a vote for a Democratic candidate in their congressional district next fall while just 39 percent said they would opt for a GOP candidate.

The Know-Nothing Party known as Republican is not a credible alternative. Obama's comment to the Republicans, "Why don't you grab a mop? Why don't you help clean up? ... Grab a mop -- let's get to work!" is exactly on point

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/20/grab_a_mop/?ref=c1

Werbung:
The GOP successfully reduced the size of the GOP.

picture.php

Yea? Well you can kiss my tiny white ass,

If the Republican Party is ever going to be credible again, it will have to convince a skeptical public that it really is the party of limited government and fiscal responsibility. That is going to be a tall order after the last Republican President (what was his name again? I've been trying to forget), but the one thing that differentiates them from the Democrats is that they make a claim to be conservative.

Telling that same skeptical public that the Democratic nominee was an illegal alien from Kenya, that he was a Muslim terrorist, that he was the honest to god frickin' AntiChrist and such nonsense did nothing for their credibility, nor did Obama's naming Rush Limbaugh of all people as the voice of the Republican Party and not being soundly contradicted by the opposition.

Still, if the economy gets bad enough, the Republicans just might have a chance to rise from the ashes of defeat and rule once again.

Great thread cygonaut...

Just got my official GRAB A MOP bumper sticker yesterday.

I think you can still get them at BarackObama.com but they're going fast. It's great has a bucket with the Obama campaign logo on it with a mop in the bucket with the saying GRAB A MOP next to it. Love it!:D

Be this first in your neighborhood to show the Republicants we all see who's working and who's just stalling & obstructing.

Enjoy this my friends... it's great!

(excerpt)

In August, at the height of the Tea Party Movement, I counseled that the temporary gains of Republican's would turn out to be ephemeral. The new Washington Post/ABC News Poll proves my point.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/morning-fix-beating-something.html

Less than one in five voters (19 percent) expressed confidence in Republicans' ability to make the right decisions for America's future while a whopping 79 percent lacked that confidence.

Among independent voters, who went heavily for Obama in 2008 and congressional Democrats in 2006, the numbers for Republicans on the confidence questions were even more worse. Just 17 percent of independents expressed confidence in Republicans' ability to make the right decision while 83 percent said they did not have that confidence.On the generic ballot question, 51 percent of the sample said they would cast a vote for a Democratic candidate in their congressional district next fall while just 39 percent said they would opt for a GOP candidate.

The Know-Nothing Party known as Republican is not a credible alternative. Obama's comment to the Republicans, "Why don't you grab a mop? Why don't you help clean up? ... Grab a mop -- let's get to work!" is exactly on point

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/20/grab_a_mop/?ref=c1

This far out, I am always really skeptical of any polls. I should run a poll to see how many people are sick of hearing about polls less than a year in.

I will freely admit that I am far removed from what Sarah likes to call "Real America", my exposure is limited to the fishbowl Alaska has become.
What I have observed is that the righties have gotten more angry. Many swing voters are taking a wait and see attitude. Many of them might lean right if they didnt have to associate with some of the absolutely absurd and even moronic arguments coming from the Republicans.
The far left is getting a little impatient but if the economy improves and those previously uninsured have a good simple and realistic health care plan. Obama needs unemployment to go down, and the stockmarket to go up in the next 2 years.

If the Republican Party is ever going to be credible again, it will have to convince a skeptical public that it really is the party of limited government and fiscal responsibility.
I like the concepts of limited government and fiscal responsibility. I really do.
What will largely keep me leaning left is the right wing social agenda and the ways they push them. When I hear limited government, I mean letting women having freedom with thier bodies. Not locking up nonviolent drug offenders, censoring views they disagree with. I could go on and on...In other words I might lean right if they would leave all of the self righteous scaremongering and judgemental behavior when it comes to social issues.
That is going to be a tall order after the last Republican President (what was his name again? I've been trying to forget), but the one thing that differentiates them from the Democrats is that they make a claim to be conservative.
You mean you want a real conservative?
What would you call someone who raised taxes on the already highest taxed demographic signifigantly?
What would you call someone who went from taxing not only the things that we produce, but also the profits we make on those goods?
What would you call someone who takes tax dollars and uses it to compete with private industry?
What would you call someone who takes money from a minority that pays taxes and gave it directly as cash to everyone who didnt pay taxes?
Given these 4 questions the right needs to find someone who actually has experience at being a conservative and then we can talk.
Telling that same skeptical public that the Democratic nominee was an illegal alien from Kenya, that he was a Muslim terrorist, that he was the honest to god frickin' AntiChrist and such nonsense did nothing for their credibility, nor did Obama's naming Rush Limbaugh of all people as the voice of the Republican Party and not being soundly contradicted by the opposition.
I think of the sometimes rather immature things that the right is throwing out is reaching a point where it is gonna seriously backfire.
Still, if the economy gets bad enough, the Republicans just might have a chance to rise from the ashes of defeat and rule once again.
I dont like making predictions, but I think short of some unforeseen crisis between now and 2012 the economy is going to be a major factor. If the economy improves, and health care is effective, then Obama wins easy.
There are a bunch of unknowns that will really effect anything. We are far to early to tell anything.

Werbung:
I like the concepts of limited government and fiscal responsibility. I really do.
What will largely keep me leaning left is the right wing social agenda and the ways they push them. When I hear limited government, I mean letting women having freedom with thier bodies. Not locking up nonviolent drug offenders, censoring views they disagree with. I could go on and on...In other words I might lean right if they would leave all of the self righteous scaremongering and judgemental behavior when it comes to social issues.

If they abandon their right wing social agenda of authoritarianism, they might gain a few libertarian votes, but they'll lose the Christian Coalition votes. It's hard to see how a small government fiscal conservative type is ever going to get elected, as the Christian right will oppose them vigorously.

You mean you want a real conservative?
What would you call someone who raised taxes on the already highest taxed demographic signifigantly?
What would you call someone who went from taxing not only the things that we produce, but also the profits we make on those goods?
What would you call someone who takes tax dollars and uses it to compete with private industry?
What would you call someone who takes money from a minority that pays taxes and gave it directly as cash to everyone who didnt pay taxes?
Given these 4 questions the right needs to find someone who actually has experience at being a conservative and then we can talk.

Hmm.. that doesn't sound very conservative either, does it? How about someone who opposes starting new programs without having a way to pay for them? Wouldn't that be refreshing? Maybe someone who doesn't want to fight wars on the MasterCard?

Who would that person be? I'm afraid real conservatives are as rare as whooping craned in Washington.

I think of the sometimes rather immature things that the right is throwing out is reaching a point where it is gonna seriously backfire.

I think maybe it has already begun to backfire.

I dont like making predictions, but I think short of some unforeseen crisis between now and 2012 the economy is going to be a major factor. If the economy improves, and health care is effective, then Obama wins easy.
There are a bunch of unknowns that will really effect anything. We are far to early to tell anything.

It doesn't look like they're going to be able to do anything significant to provide affordable health care. The public option appears to be dead, and the budget people are saying that the current plan will make health insurance even more expensive. That leaves the economy. If it recovers sufficiently, we'll likely see a second term for Obama. Maybe if congress were to ditch the current health care plan and start over, they might accomplish something in that second term.

But I'm not holding my breath. My prediction is that nothing will be done to solve the health care problems until we see more middle class people without access to quality care.

Back