Greenspan says Clinton BEST!

Your going to have to show who was responsible for the awesome economy during the Clinton Presidency and prove that Clinton didn't have a hand in it, thus proving that Greenspan was either incorrect, or a liar when he said that

This is what I don't understand. Why does a strong economy directly correspond back to Clinton's "handling"? Why couldn't it have been market forces that drove the economy? Bill Gates? The information/technology boom? etc.

And at the end of the day, 8 years of the Bush economy still hasn't solved the same economic problem that Clinton failingly spent 8 years trying to work out -- the oil problem.

Werbung:
That is funny coyote. Do you really need a source to identify every lie told to you? Are you really so gullible? Refer to history. I am not going to take your request seriously.

No. Only the ones you are stating as lies from Greenspan. I back up my assertions with sources when I can. Are you saying you can not?

I'm not sure if I'm seeing "lies" or changes in statements based upon best available information at the time they were made and later, retracted or changed when it became clear that the policies were wrong.

I guess I wonder what our resident right wingers on this board would say about the good economy Eisenhower enjoyed. Also, I wonder why it was that Karl Rove repeatedly told Bush in the 2004 campaign to focus on the economy. Why is this? Because thier fault or not, the President takes the blame or assumes credit for the economy. Bottom Line.
Do any of you watch football? If the defense plays great and the Quarterback manages to just not screw up, who gets the credit? Thats right the quarterback.

Thats called poisoning the well.

"Greenspan has lied before, so he surely must be lying about everything" is a bad argument.

I wasn't suggesting that because greenspan has lied in the past, that everything he says is a lie. I said that because greenspan has lied, his credibility was not impeccable and as such, a thing isn't true, just because he says it. I was challenged to demonstrate that he has lied so I did on those particular issues.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing "lies" or changes in statements based upon best available information at the time they were made and later, retracted or changed when it became clear that the policies were wrong.

When you go before congress supporting a tax cut and then claim that you did not support said tax cut, that is a lie. Well, maybe not in liberal land, but everywhere else, it is a lie.

That's Right Coyote!!! Stop being some crazy Liberal agreeing with an undesputed expert exercising his best judgment adjusting to a changing situation.

Be a neo-con for Christ sake. How hard can it be to just stay "Stuck on Stupid" no matter what's happening around you! :D

Ignorance is bliss on planet neo-con... don't you know that by now... LoL! :)

Ignorance is bliss on planet neo-con... don't you know that by now... LoL! :)

Sorry, I don't live on that planet. Where I live, one actually has to make a case for a position. Clearly you have never been there. You simply agree with whoever happens to make a statement that agrees with you. I don't live there either.

Werbung:
Nice attempt at a dodge. No one seems to be able to answer the question of what clinton did to "manage" the economy.
"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Back