Greetings from South Texas

Vietvet

I was looking for a new forum to "play" in, so I did a google and found this one. Looks like a good one!:cool:

A little about myself: I'm in my late fifties,(Yeah, a geezer:D), and as my screen name says, a Vietnam veteran. I was a medic there in 68-69. I am also an anti-Iraq war Democrat. I'm pro-union, anti-Bush, and intend to vote for Obama this November..I enjoy discussing politics, current events, just about anything, except for modern pop culture. If somebody wants to talk about who won "American Idol", or something, I couldn't care less. On the other hand, I'm a guitar player who is into classic rock, blues, and folk music, so that kind of sums up my other interests..

I look forward to shootin' the breeze with you guys, and I'm glad I found this site. Thanks!

Werbung:
Hi mate - welcome aboard!!

What classic rock? Its important to know these thing before talkin to strangers

As for folk....

............one of my absolute godamn all time favorite bits of music ever!!

Excellent!!:cool: Steve Earle and "Copperhead Road"..He's a hometown boy! San Antonio, Texas

This is what I call Rock, classic or otherwise..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

I was looking for a new forum to "play" in, so I did a google and found this one. Looks like a good one!:cool:

A little about myself: I'm in my late fifties,(Yeah, a geezer:D), and as my screen name says, a Vietnam veteran. I was a medic there in 68-69. I am also an anti-Iraq war Democrat. I'm pro-union, anti-Bush, and intend to vote for Obama this November..I enjoy discussing politics, current events, just about anything, except for modern pop culture. If somebody wants to talk about who won "American Idol", or something, I couldn't care less. On the other hand, I'm a guitar player who is into classic rock, blues, and folk music, so that kind of sums up my other interests..

I look forward to shootin' the breeze with you guys, and I'm glad I found this site. Thanks!

watch out for this guy he has a tendency to use a lot of personal attacks when he doesn't like you politics....

watch out for this guy he has a tendency to use a lot of personal attacks when he doesn't like you politics....
from the forum rules "We hope to see people conduct debates in a civilized manner." ....civility is not his strong point....but you will have to find that out on your own.....

from the forum rules "We hope to see people conduct debates in a civilized manner." ....civility is not his strong point....but you will have to find that out on your own.....

No, they need to watch out for YOU, ILGWB from the Ed Shultz message board.. You are the biggest whining cry-baby on god's green earth, and now you're here, trying the same thing. If you continue to stalk, I'll report you over here for it, and see how you like a dose of your own medicine. You need to go back to your own playground, where you can get special treatment from your buddies. I'm here to discuss issues, not continue this childish bs that you won't let go of. If you want to post on this forum, fine. It's a free country. Just don't continue to try to trash my rep, or I'll report you for it.Consider yourself on "ignore" from here on out. If you continue to harass me here, I'll cut and paste your comments and let Amtrack Matt or Plunderer have a look at them. You are overplaying your hand. But keep going...:cool:

Funny, you are the ONLY one who ever complained of "name calling." In my two and one half years on that board, you are the only one I've ever had a personal problem with, and I'm not alone, btw. You need to stop your whining and "man up," as Aleman said. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Probably won't have much in common with me regarding politics, but I do sincerely thank you for your service to our country. Welcome - good to have you!

Werbung:
Back