HAES and the Obesity Epidemic

MMercury

Most people agree that being obese is unhealthy and will result in an early death. There are plenty of studies to show this. However, there is a growing group of overweight and obese women who believe that they can be healthy and fat. The movement is called Health At Every Size (HAES).

In my opinion, HAES is a dangerous and ridiculous ideology. It started from mainly fat women wanting to feel beautiful but turned into this idea that fat can be healthy despite all evidence saying otherwise. A lot of HAES supporters sprout nonsense and spread lies about genetics and how can people can be fat and healthy. It is similar to how anti-vaxxers ignore actual medical data that proves them wrong.

One of the biggest HAES supporters is a plus size model named Tess Munster. She has a pretty face but is over 300 pounds. She's basically encouraging women to stay fat and stop taking care of their bodies by claiming people can be healthy and fat.

What do you think about HAES?

Werbung:
Well, its their lives, they can believe in whatever they want as long as they don't try to shove it on me. And I certainly won't be looking that fatty up on Facebook to troll her. She is safe from me. lol

Werbung:
I agree that it is their business if they want to be fat. I don't like the idea of national nannies telling us all what to eat, and how our bodies should look. I also agree that fat is not healthy, nor attractive, imo. Still, the bottom line:It's their fat, not mine.

Back