Have you ever seen the WHITE DEER of Wisconsin?

Werbung:
Well the buck looked to be older since his rack was well established and the young ones didn't shed off as they got older...but the sound wasn't quite right on my monitor so I wasn't able to hear what the PBS commentators were saying. But most of the film with the young ones showed them with dark eyes and muzzles so I would doubt that they are albino but they certainly were cool!

My neighbor the bow hunter sent this film to me and it was amazing!

They are not true albinos. They are a white variation. Just this year in a little town on the road system called Delta Junction I was driving through on my way to a hunt. I looked over and wondered what the heck a white pony was doing in the middle of nowhere. As I got closer I realized it was a young white moose. The locals had reported sightings of it. I was driving by, and didnt have a chance for a photo. A quick google search came up with a few examples.
white-moose-751940.jpg

Then of course there is that crazy albino bear we have in Alaska.
Get used to this image, if we keep following the dracionian right wing environmental agenda, there wont be many left, because the ice is literally melting out from underneath them.
polar-bear.jpg

no they are always white

aslo they say right in the video, that yes Albino I belive.

I have never seen one personaly, though I am close and have been in that area a few times

OK, so now is where I eat a little crow. I said earlier that they were a variation and not a true albino. I managed to watch the last half of the video and answered my own question which was if there was much variation in the color of the antler after the velvet had been shed. Because I noticed the velvet was real white.

Listening to the biologists in Alaska talk about white moose generally say that unless there are pink eyes it is not an albino. I have seen quite a few pictures of white moose and being albino or not I have not seen such a pink nose and ears as is the case on those whitetails. Or maybe they should call them polar deer.

OK, so now is where I eat a little crow. I said earlier that they were a variation and not a true albino. I managed to watch the last half of the video and answered my own question which was if there was much variation in the color of the antler after the velvet had been shed. Because I noticed the velvet was real white.

Listening to the biologists in Alaska talk about white moose generally say that unless there are pink eyes it is not an albino. I have seen quite a few pictures of white moose and being albino or not I have not seen such a pink nose and ears as is the case on those whitetails. Or maybe they should call them polar deer.
Well I was of the impression as you were...the video of the youngs ones clearly showed black noses and the area around the eye to be black with black eyes, so I was sure that they couldn't be albino...but if the PBS spokes person said they were then they must be correct! :cool:

Werbung:
Then of course there is that crazy albino bear we have in Alaska.
Get used to this image, if we keep following the dracionian right wing environmental agenda, there wont be many left, because the ice is literally melting out from underneath them.
polar-bear.jpg

No, no, it's a hoax and the evil enviros have changed the temperature at which ice melts to scam us!

Back