Having the "jury foreman" also serve as "executioner", is that fair?

always

It is very much needed for any and all forums to be governed by "moderators". They must be unbiased and very principled and fair minded people.
There just is no room for profanity of any kind on a decent and free thinking forum such as House of Politics- Political Forum.Without Unbiased, and fair minded moderators this forum would not survive.
However , this forum should consider the following:
Moderators must not be allowed to post their thoughts, ideas , or concerns on the same forum where they serve as "moderators"'. It is totally unfair to all posters to be judged by the very same person who while serving as a moderator bans or "moves" your post .It causes suspicions , and understandably so,the bias of the moderator has indeed tainted his decisions.
Most often this very same moderator has admitted in several of his earlier post his political dislike for the views of the poster he just banned or "moved" to a new location and does not advise the poster where that location is.
It appears to me ,and I hope the powers that be will agree, expecting a "moderator" to separate his posted views,his personal bias, from his judgement is not possible and the review of his/her decisions show this bias.
I am not asking that the moderators right to "free speech" be denied, I'm asking the "moderator" to express his /her views on another political forum or else quit serving as a moderator on this one.
The clear fairness and need for a change in current policy is valid and just.
Is it honorable to have Jury Foreman also be given the power of the "executioner" Why say you?, fellow posters

Werbung:
I was part of a forum where the moderators and even the administrator routinely posted their opinions. It did feel odd to me too. I'd prefer that moderators didn't involve themselves in the debate. But perhaps there aren't enough people interested in the job to allow for that.

It is very much needed for any and all forums to be governed by "moderators". They must be unbiased and very principled and fair minded people.
There just is no room for profanity of any kind on a decent and free thinking forum such as House of Politics- Political Forum.Without Unbiased, and fair minded moderators this forum would not survive.
Moderators must not be allowed to post their thoughts, ideas , or concerns on the same forum where they serve as "moderators"'. It is totally unfair to all posters to be judged by the very same person who while serving as a moderator bans or "moves" your post .It causes suspicions , and understandably so,the bias of the moderator has indeed tainted his decisions.
Most often this very same moderator has admitted in several of his earlier post his political dislike for the views of the poster he just banned or "moved" to a new location and does not advise the poster where that location is.
It appears to me ,and I hope the powers that be will agree, expecting a "moderator" to separate his posted views,his personal bias, from his judgement is not possible and the review of his/her decisions show this bias.
I am not asking that the moderators right to "free speech" be denied, I'm asking the "moderator" to express his /her views on another political forum or else quit serving as a moderator on this one.
Is it honorable to have Jury Foreman also be given the power of the "executioner" Why say you?, fellow posters

If we did that no one would want to be a mod here and the mods do valuable things.

You do not see it as much as I do perhaps but in the early morning some days there are 30 posts about some dumb thing someone wants to sell and the mods clean it up before people get on and start posting. But if that is all a mod did here they would not stay around because it would be boring.

Besides lets say we did do that and mods did not post personal thoughts, we would still know their thoughts by their actions. Threads about things they like would be more or less left alone and threads about things they did not like or agree with would be where they spent their time correcting people and threads IMO

I do not think this forum is fair and balanced but I do like it, and it is more fair and balanced than any other place I have been. Its small and for the most part has interesting people. I like it the best of all the places I have visited, joined and forgotten. Maybe this forum just isnt cut out for you? I am not suggesting you leave but have you tried others? I have been to some that are so terrible and unfair on both the left and the right. This one leans left but not so bad that I get dizzy :) Also, have you thought about starting your own? There are ways you can do it for free and it would be as balanced as you wanted it to be.

Also if mods or members are getting on your nerves try makig a private group. I go to a group in the private section when the nut cases in the main forum stop taking their meds and hang out there for a while till things blow over, you could start a forum in the private section and just dont invite anyone you dont like including the mods :)

I dont have a problem with mods here.

That said, a solution on another board i used to mod on was to have alias logins for them to us when they were doing 'mod stuff'. In modding they were MOD1, in public they were BobTheBuilder. And nobody knoew who was a mod.

But y'all do what you want, its your bat and ball.

That said, a solution on another board i used to mod on was to have alias logins for them to us when they were doing 'mod stuff'. In modding they were MOD1, in public they were BobTheBuilder. And nobody knoew who was a mod.

That sounds fun!

Oh that would be cool if the mods did it that way

You Know ALWAYS this is the first time that I have read one of your post that didn't include loud words and the like to describe how you feel about Obama and liberals. However MODS serve a purpose and if you feel like your being short changed in anyway by one of them just take it to a private forum like Pandora recommended and go from there. This may sound crazy but I do enjoy reading your post from time to time even though they may be a little extreme. Please don't feel the need that you have to leave because you have a right to express yourself just like everyone else. :)

I would have fun betting on who is who based on the judgement calls they made.

I hope they try it just for fun sake.

might be hard to do unless there is a periodic changing of the guard.

possible solution is to have them " check out" a MOD alias so you truely never know. BOB could be MOD1 now and MOD7 later.

might be hard to do unless there is a periodic changing of the guard.

possible solution is to have them " check out" a MOD alias so you truely never know. BOB could be MOD1 now and MOD7 later.

oh a mod alias is even better than the mod we know and the poster we do not know.

the mods account is under the name the started the forum on, turn them back to normal "senior member" titles then make mod 1 mod 2. ah what a good idea.

that does sound fun, even more fun than the first idea :)

It would for sure fix any problem with blaming a mod for being too far right or too far left.

oh they could all have the same scary avatar

111601%20Blank%20Male.jpg

Werbung:

dogtowner! Your suggestion is excellent! moderators would not be permitted to post under their moderator I.D., so their crimes cannot easily be identified!!
While it would probably lead to more biased censorship it may be a neccessary first step to prove how prevalent the sorrowful act is.
As in Slavery , the majority of the slaves did not know what they were missing until freedom was available!! Why not try your suggestion?

Back