Health care protests turn violent

Werbung:
I suppose that must be it. To me, somebody poking pins into a doll isn't half as scary as a bunch of unhinged individuals going around hurling bricks, insults, and threats.

But, that's just me.

It does not scare me. The left did same or worse under Bush and as far back as Nixon and we got through it, nothing anyone is doing today could be worse than the crazy hippies of the 60s

Though it would be nice if people today did not lower themselves to act like freak hippies from the 60s.

It does not scare me. The left did same or worse under Bush and as far back as Nixon and we got through it, nothing anyone is doing today could be worse than the crazy hippies of the 60s

Though it would be nice if people today did not lower themselves to act like freak hippies from the 60s.
I said just as much in another thread. Now that being said, I never heard of Condi's family being threated. Trent Lott's brother didnt have someone trying to blow up his house. Protesting in the streets is one thing, making threats towards the family members including children of lawmakers crosses the line.

That being said, I am glad that my sister can continue to work for the current small company she does and will be able to access health insurance in an affordable and undeniable way. I am fine with my tax dollars being used for such expenses, whether it be my own sister, or even the most ardent right wing supporter on this site and for thier families.

Heck, I even support health coverage for the Palin family. They already use public healthcare(IHS) despite Sarah's apparent distain for such a system, I am alright with that. We can now classify ourselves among the most civilized countries in the world.

I said just as much in another thread. Now that being said, I never heard of Condi's family being threated. Trent Lott's brother didnt have someone trying to blow up his house. Protesting in the streets is one thing, making threats towards the family members including children of lawmakers crosses the line.

That being said, I am glad that my sister can continue to work for the current small company she does and will be able to access health insurance in an affordable and undeniable way. I am fine with my tax dollars being used for such expenses, whether it be my own sister, or even the most ardent right wing supporter on this site and for thier families.

Heck, I even support health coverage for the Palin family. They already use public healthcare(IHS) despite Sarah's apparent distain for such a system, I am alright with that. We can now classify ourselves among the most civilized countries in the world.

It's fantastic that you do not mind your taxes going up. I do not mind your taxes going up either. I do mind the burden that will be put on my kids and my kids kids because some Americans are too lazy like my brother or too stupid to realize that you sometimes have to stay with a job that is not so great because it has health care insurance for you and your family. I never have minded helping the probably 2-5 percent of people who really do just fall in the cracks not due to being lazy or stupid.

I think it’s just horrible that we put this on our kids; they are the ones who will end up paying for it. But I guess if I think about it, why would these people care about that? This is a group who is just as happy to have the children of the future cut apart limb by limb as see them born. So why should I be surprised that they put all the burdens on them.

Not to mention this bill is an absolutely disgusting bill with so many kick backs and bribes it should not be legal.

I personally can never support a bill that forces other people to pay my way and I could never support a bill that forces Americans to buy a product. And I certainly could never support a bill or the idea that our children and theirs will have to take care of us because were are not as decent or strong or have the morals of our great grandparents.

It makes me so uncomfortable that almost half of our country has no problem with the idea that other people owe them healthcare and they are willing to stick it to their own kids and grand kids to get out of taking care of themselves. Its one thing when they targeted “the rich” and felt the rich owed them something. That was sick enough, but this is really disturbing to me.

I think that far more things happened than you know to republicans in congress when Bush was president, but they don’t tend to cry and complain at every death threat like liberals do. And personally I think the guy cut his own gas line, its not like these people are honest or can be trusted.

It's fantastic that you do not mind your taxes going up. I do not mind your taxes going up either. I do mind the burden that will be put on my kids and my kids kids because some Americans are too lazy like my brother or too stupid to realize that you sometimes have to stay with a job that is not so great because it has health care insurance for you and your family. I never have minded helping the probably 2-5 percent of people who really do just fall in the cracks not due to being lazy or stupid.

How about the ones who would quit and start profitable businesses without the disincentive of not being able to buy affordable (or sometimes any) health insurance?

What about the 10% + who are out of work and couldn't afford a policy if it were available?

Or those in the 60-65 age range who would be able to retire and give a younger person a shot at a job if they could get Medicare or something similar?

Wouldn't making insurance possible for them be a boost to the economy in the long run?

As for the deadbeats, they're already on welfare and getting Medicaid.

How about the ones who would quit and start profitable businesses without the disincentive of not being able to buy affordable (or sometimes any) health insurance?

they won't even bother now because they just had the startup costs raised out of reach

What about the 10% + who are out of work and couldn't afford a policy if it were available?

Medicaid

Or those in the 60-65 age range who would be able to retire and give a younger person a shot at a job if they could get Medicare or something similar?

they can get something similar. they just have to pay for it.

Wouldn't making insurance possible for them be a boost to the economy in the long run?

no, it would be a wash

As for the deadbeats, they're already on welfare and getting Medicaid.

so where was the need for a brand new bureaucracy ?

Werbung:
As far as these new death threats suddenly aimed at Republicans......I smell a Karl Rove setup here but......Regardless of the reality, the GOP cannot duck the responsibility for the tone of anger & violence in this country...going back to last summer's bs Town Hall bullying that set the tone.
How many Democratic congressmen have yelled "You Lie" at a President addressing a joint session of Congress or yelled "Baby Killer" at a fellow congressman on the floor of the House.

This is not a case of "Both Sides Do It"......This is strictly GOP "Brownshirts" showing their true colors.What can the average voter do about it?........ Get rid of the rest of them in Congress next November!

Back