Hello from Ireland

Just came across this site in a google search, was looking for something else so decided to say hello! 29 year old athiest left wing liberal Irish lad here. Looking to be inspired and challenged!

Werbung:
Just came across this site in a google search, was looking for something else so decided to say hello! 29 year old athiest left wing liberal Irish lad here. Looking to be inspired and challenged!

Welcome aboard. I am a believer in Christ and right wing. So, I expect you and I will not find much to agree upon.

But, I am of Irish descent...though my ancestors left that place in 1775 for the greatest nation ever conceived...well until liberalism polluted it.

Tis out of arguments and discussions that great decisions are made :) Look forward to getting to know some of you :) What part of Ireland Gipper?

Tis out of arguments and discussions that great decisions are made :) Look forward to getting to know some of you :) What part of Ireland Gipper?

Northern Ireland, of course. I don't think our buddies the Brits let many Irish nationals go to the New World in 1775.

I believe they were from near Londonderry.

Most Irish would have gone over in the famine in the 1840's particularly the latter half of that decade. Loads of info about tracking family histories here this end. Have you traced your family tree?

top o the mornin' and welcome aboard.
my people are mutts from the British isles (a little of each).

fluffy biscuits huh ? now I'm hungry.

Most Irish would have gone over in the famine in the 1840's particularly the latter half of that decade. Loads of info about tracking family histories here this end. Have you traced your family tree?

Not too much in Ireland.

But, the first of my family to come to America had 14 children..in fact she gave birth to one child on the boat ride over...that had to be real comfortable. Of the 14 kids, 12 were boys. So, the family grew rapidly as all married and had many children. They settled in eastern Tennessee.

They arrived in Boston on Good Friday 1775. The date was April 14th. The American revolution started on the 19th. Must have been crazy.

Not too much in Ireland.

But, the first of my family to come to America had 14 children..in fact she gave birth to one child on the boat ride over...that had to be real comfortable. Of the 14 kids, 12 were boys. So, the family grew rapidly as all married and had many children. They settled in eastern Tennessee.

They arrived in Boston on Good Friday 1775. The date was April 14th. The American revolution started on the 19th. Must have been crazy.

The Irish early on always had big families. Reason was the Catholic church encouraged them to go forth and multiply !

Welcome to the HOP

I look forward to reading your thoughts

lad means boy right? :) Well I'm a girl, Native American Im not a Christian but something close to it and I am so conservative I make Rush look like an occupier :)

Welcome to the HOP

lad means boy right? :) Well I'm a girl, Native American Im not a Christian but something close to it and I am so conservative I make Rush look like an occupier :)

hehe!

you are right on that one, lad is a boy or young man! Looking forward to reading your thoughts too Pandora :)

Welcome to the HOP

and I'm so conservative I make her look like a commie... :):eek:

Werbung:
The Irish early on always had big families. Reason was the Catholic church encouraged them to go forth and multiply !

Not correct. My family and much of the Irish that immigrated from N. Ireland were NOT Catholic. So, Catholics were not the only ones having large families.

You might know that back then there was no birth control and no baby killing (abortion). Plus, they wanted large families to help with the difficult duties of operating a farm and living a difficult life full of difficult tasks. And, parents wanted lots of children so they could all help support them in old age.

I like most Americans, come from tough stock and am proud of it.

And, don't eat wheat. Its bad for you.
http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/

Back