Hello from..

Werbung:
Hi Welcome as well.
I like your avatar, did you take that picture in Lake Superior? ;)

I thought so, would have been a hell of a walleye.

The humpbacks will be in my necks of the woods here in a week or so.
I saw a pod of Orca 2 weeks or so ago from the air. But they arent as migratory.

neat...I've spent a couple of years up there myself. I've spent time in Ketchikan,Juneau,Cordova,Adak,Kodiak,Point Barrow,Anchorage,Atka,Attu
.....Kodiak was my favorite. I was in the Coast Guard and a Merchant Marine during that time.

The pic I took was in Maui 2 yrs ago. They were jumping out of the water like small mouth bass. 3000 they estimate off Lahaina during the winter.

neat...I've spent a couple of years up there myself. I've spent time in Ketchikan,Juneau,Cordova,Adak,Kodiak,Point Barrow,Anchorage,Atka,Attu
.....Kodiak was my favorite. I was in the Coast Guard and a Merchant Marine during that time.

The pic I took was in Maui 2 yrs ago. They were jumping out of the water like small mouth bass. 3000 they estimate off Lahaina during the winter.

You are well traveled up here. Made it pretty far out in the chain. I live in Bristol Bay, but havent been much past Dutch Harbor when it concerns the Aleutians. How long ago was that if I may ask?

Ill be damned, I was in Maui two years ago. I didnt go this year, but have been many times thanks to the Alaska Permanent Fund. Of course when they leave Maui and those waters, they head up here for food and a little lovin.:cool:

Kodiak is a nice island, pretty as can be, and the deer hunting is fun. Weather is not to my liking. Rainy, and doesnt get cold enough to have a real winter.

Werbung:
You are well traveled up here. Made it pretty far out in the chain. I live in Bristol Bay, but havent been much past Dutch Harbor when it concerns the Aleutians. How long ago was that if I may ask?

Ill be damned, I was in Maui two years ago. I didnt go this year, but have been many times thanks to the Alaska Permanent Fund. Of course when they leave Maui and those waters, they head up here for food and a little lovin.:cool:

Kodiak is a nice island, pretty as can be, and the deer hunting is fun. Weather is not to my liking. Rainy, and doesnt get cold enough to have a real winter.

Dutch Harbor..."The Elbow Room"? brings me back a little.
Alaska about 1975-77 Hawaii 78-80 2yrs there as well, been back twice.
Loved catching King Crab of the pier in Kodiak, we would have a pot boiling and melted butter and throw them in as we caught them. Catching crab and eating and drinking beer all night.:)

I like the fishing environment in Kodiak.

February is when we saw the humpbacks in Maui in '06 really quite a show. In the morning we walk out from our room with coffee and spot 5 or so within 5 minutes.

Back