Here's another patriotic American company.

Werbung:
You gotta love them for giving the kids a start like McDonald's. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...14-lawn-mower-tuff-torq-john-deere-rcna144938
I hired a 16-year-old black youth to work for me 30 years ago. I took the lad to the county office and got him a work permit and hired him, paying him a good wage for an apprentice. He was elated. Such a happy youth. I was happy to have been able to make him so happy.

Then tragedy struck. About 10 days later I call a call from an official at the state labor board who said he was disallowing the lad's work permit and I had to let him go since he was not 18. I tried reasoning with the official, but it was as if God had spoken and was not going to repent. When I told the lad I had to let him go, the 6'-2" strapping youth broke down and wept. I was so sorry for him, and also so sorry that officials with deficiencies of judgment had made it impossible for lads like the black youth and businesses willing to hire them to work in a reasonable manner.

Werbung:
I hired a 16-year-old black youth to work for me 30 years ago. I took the lad to the county office and got him a work permit and hired him, paying him a good wage for an apprentice. He was elated. Such a happy youth. I was happy to have been able to make him so happy.

Then tragedy struck. About 10 days later I call a call from an official at the state labor board who said he was disallowing the lad's work permit and I had to let him go since he was not 18. I tried reasoning with the official, but it was as if God had spoken and was not going to repent. When I told the lad I had to let him go, the 6'-2" strapping youth broke down and wept. I was so sorry for him, and also so sorry that officials with deficiencies of judgment had made it impossible for lads like the black youth and businesses willing to hire them to work in a reasonable manner.
Different scenario altogether. Next please.

Back