Heres where i stand on Politics

steveox

Im All For.....
Taxing The Wealthy
Tax Breaks for the working Middle Class.
Raising the minimum wage $7.35 an Hour
The Patriot Act extended
Nuking Middle east nations if they attack US on our homeland again!
Gas Tax Reduction
More Oil Drilling
More New Refineries built

Im Against...
Giving the Wealthy tax breaks
Repealing the Estate Tax
Repealing the Death Tax
Repealing the Capital Gain Tax
Repealing the 2nd Admendment
Raising Satelite,Cable and Communcation tax.

If theres a candidate who speaks for this im all for voting for him

Werbung:
Well if theres a candidate running for the 'Lacking in foresight' party, then that would be your best bet.

Im All For.....
Taxing The Wealthy
Tax Breaks for the working Middle Class.
Raising the minimum wage $7.35 an Hour
The Patriot Act extended
Nuking Middle east nations if they attack US on our homeland again!
Gas Tax Reduction
More Oil Drilling
More New Refineries built

Im Against...
Giving the Wealthy tax breaks
Repealing the Estate Tax
Repealing the Death Tax
Repealing the Capital Gain Tax
Repealing the 2nd Admendment
Raising Satelite,Cable and Communcation tax.

If theres a candidate who speaks for this im all for voting for him

What dare I ask do you consider wealthy? Someone making 200,000 a year is by no means wealthy, but gets no tax breaks. There are alot of problems with all of the things you support, the most blatant obviously being the use of nuclear weapons. When are you going to understand that no Middle Eastern state has actually attacked us, who do you propose to nuke? This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Someone who makes over $500,000 a year and up are Wealthy. Someone who owns a 10 acre ranch is consider to be wealthy. Someone who owns a home worth more than $1,000,000 is consider to be wealthy. Someone who drives a car worth more than $75,000 is consider to be wealthy. Thats what i think the Federal Goverment should go after!

IRAN,IRAQ,PAKISTAN,AFGAINSTAN all should been nuked after 48 hours after 9-11 event.

Someone who makes over $500,000 a year and up are Wealthy. Someone who owns a 10 acre ranch is consider to be wealthy. Someone who owns a home worth more than $1,000,000 is consider to be wealthy. Someone who drives a car worth more than $75,000 is consider to be wealthy. Thats what i think the Federal Goverment should go after!

IRAN,IRAQ,PAKISTAN,AFGAINSTAN all should been nuked after 48 hours after 9-11 event.

Steve, exactly who do you think builds the million dollar houses, and the seventy five thousand dollar cars? In case you are unaware, they are working joes and we have already tried a luxury tax and the only people who were hurt were the working people who made and sold the luxury items. They lost their jobs when the rich stopped buying them.

And do you have any idea how many family businesses and small farms have been lost due to the estate tax? The truely rich don't sweat it because they have entire law firms dedicated to protecting their money. It is always the little guy that gets smacked by schemes like the estate tax.

And it is the middle class that gets hurt the most by capital gains taxes.

It is clear that you don't have a clue as to how regular people are affected by the things you are for and against and it appears that you lack the intellectual wattage required to get a clue. Your list is a clear indication of your political immaturity.

You really think the Wealthy will settle for a GM,Toyota car? :rolleyes:

But Capital Gains is the ones the benifit from Wall Street.

You really think the Wealthy will settle for a GM,Toyota car? :rolleyes:

Steve, do you think that the people who sell mercedes, porche, etc are rich? How about the mechanics who work on them?

The fact is that we already tried to tax the rich on their luxury items and found out that they will settle for GM and Toyota rather than pay a confiscatory tax aimed at them. The result of the luxury tax was that the people who make, sell, and service luxury items lost their jobs because the rich stopped buying.

But Capital Gains is the ones the benifit from Wall Street.

And again, you prove that you don't have a clue. Hell steve, you don't even know how much you don't know. Every middle class person who sells a house gets clobbered with the capital gains tax if they don't buy another house that cost more than they made on their previous house. Older people get trapped in homes that they can't afford to keep and can't afford to sell because of the capital gains tax.

Let me see if I can explain this to you in simple terms. Say your parents bought a house back in the 1970's for 35 or 40 thousand dollars. They live their and raise their family there and after 20 or 30 years, they have the house paid off. During that time, the value of the house has gone from 35 or 40 thousand dollars to 150 to 200 thousand dollars. Now the kids are grown and moved out and they are looking at retirement. They have the house paid off but the taxes have gone up with the value of the house and now that they are looking at retirement and living on social security and their savings, they really can't afford the high taxes and they really don't need such a big place anymore anyway since the kids have all moved out.

They had planned on selling the house and moving into a smaller house. The plan was to spend about 80 thousand on a smaller house and adding the profit that they made on the house to their savings so that their retirement will be a bit more comfortable, or so they could do some traveling, or just spoil the hell out of the grandkids.

Well guess what? They find out that if they sell the house and buy a smaller, less expensive house, the capital gains tax is going to eat up a big chunk of that money they had planned on adding to their savings so they have a choice of seeing the government take the profit that they would make on their home or they keep living in the house and watching the value continue to rise and the taxes get more and more expensive and suffer through their retirement until they eventually can't afford the taxes and lose their home or they die.

There are far more people who are in that position than there are rich people making a killing on wall street. You are so anxious to tax the evil rich that you don't even consider that you are driving mom and pop into the poor house because you just laid a heavy tax on the money they were planning to retire with.

Well cant have it both ways now can we? The point is the wealthy dont pay their fair share.They look for loopholes around from paying taxes.Like look at Mrs Helmsley gave her 12 million estate to her dog. And only $100,000 to her Butler and car driver. Americans are sick n tired of this. Im sick n tired reading how wealthy people are extempt from paying taxes meanwhile i pay taxes on everything. Everytime i buy gas IM TAXED! I Buy something out of Store IM TAXED! I Get My Car Repaired IM TAXED! So I want a candidate who will turn the tides against the wealthy and give Middle Class people a break.

Well cant have it both ways now can we? The point is the wealthy dont pay their fair share.They look for loopholes around from paying taxes.Like look at Mrs Helmsley gave her 12 million estate to her dog. And only $100,000 to her Butler and car driver. Americans are sick n tired of this. Im sick n tired reading how wealthy people are extempt from paying taxes meanwhile i pay taxes on everything. Everytime i buy gas IM TAXED! I Buy something out of Store IM TAXED! I Get My Car Repaired IM TAXED! So I want a candidate who will turn the tides against the wealthy and give Middle Class people a break.

Except you ignore the fact that the top 1/5 of tax payers pay over 80% of all taxes. And when a rich person goes to the store, they are taxed the same as you are, when a rich person gets their car repaired, they are taxed the same as you are.

The rich in fact pay almost all of the taxes in this country, and you want to tax them even more simply because you think you are being unjustly taxed? Maybe the wealthy are sick and tired of paying 80% of the taxes and want a break.

In a capitalist system you are rewarded for your own actions and value. A person who works hard their whole life to gather wealth and secure their future should not be punished for this. What then is the incentive to try for success? If I earn my money, why should I not be able to do with it what I want?

What is exactly why the Democrats won the last years election.George Bush kept on giving the wealthy tax breaks and none of the ordinary people didnt see their paychecks go up nether. Bush Claims the economy is getting better. FOR WHO? Not for the oridnary middle class people it aint getting any better. Its that Stock Market who benitfits the most! Not the ordinary middle class working people.

What is exactly why the Democrats won the last years election.George Bush kept on giving the wealthy tax breaks and none of the ordinary people didnt see their paychecks go up nether. Bush Claims the economy is getting better. FOR WHO? Not for the oridnary middle class people it aint getting any better. Its that Stock Market who benitfits the most! Not the ordinary middle class working people.

Steve, I am about as ordinary as you can get, and I got a tax break. I don't know how much you make, but if you make enough so that you even have to pay taxes, you got a break also.

If you didn't see your paycheck go up, there is only one person to blame for that and it is you. If you didn't go to your employer and fill out a new W-4 to reduce the amount of witholdings from your paycheck, then they keep right on taking the same amount as they always did and you will get the money that would have been getting on your paycheck at tax time.

And by the way, there are far more middle class people making money on wall street than there are fat cats as well. Most working people have some sort of retirement plan and where do you think that money is? In jars under their beds? Hell no, it is invested in the stock market.

If you believe that the wealthy don't pay their fair share of taxes, then you, once again, illustrate that you just don't know what you are talking about. Here is a breakdown of who pays the taxes in this country.

The top 1 % make 17.8 percent of the money
The top 1 % pay 24.8 percent of the federal taxes
The top 1 % pay 3.7 percent of the social (payroll) tax
The top 1 % pay 38.8 percent of the income tax

The top 5 % make 30.7 percent of the money
The top 5 % pay 35.4 percent of the federal taxes
The top 5 % pay 11.2 percent of the social (payroll) tax
The top 5 % pay 58.0 percent of the income tax

The top 10 % make 40.6 percent of the money
The top 10 % pay 47.2 percent of federal taxes
The top 10 % pay 19.0 percent of the social (payroll) tax
The top 10 %t pay 68.1 percent of the income tax

The top 20 % make 54.8 percent of the money
The top 20 % pay 60.8 percent of federal taxes
The top 20 % pay 34.3 percent of the social (payroll) tax
The top 20 % pay 81.4 percent of the income tax

The bottom 20 % make 4.0 percent of the money
The bottom 20 % pay 1.2 percent of federal taxes
The bottom 20 % pay 6.0 percent of the social (payroll) tax
The bottom 20 % get back 3.7 percent of the income tax more than they pay in

The rich are already paying way more than their share of the taxes in this country steve. Every attempt to get more from them has resulted in regular people losing their jobs and being hurt financially. The fact is that the rich are smarter than either you or government and you aren't going to get their money. Trying to put a heavier tax burden on them only hurts working people.

You, and people like you are the reason that liberals are the kings of unintended consequences.

Werbung:
Steveox is hardly a liberal, he doesn't know what he is.

Oh by the way Steve, the 'lack of foresight' party said that you could run for them in the election. I quote: "Steve is the prime candidate for our campaign, as he makes his policies before thinking about them at all."

Back