1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ObscureInfinity, Jun 17, 2021.

1. ObscureInfinity

ObscureInfinity New Member

Doesn't seem like there is much activity on this forum but I'll introduce myself anyway.

I've been all over the map politically speaking. I won't go into every bit of it but I considered myself an Objectivist libertarian for many years until witnessing Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus and now consider myself a social democrat. I still believe capitalism to be a net good thing but I find the ease at which "freedom" has been misconstrued as the right to infringe on the safety of others to not only be appalling, but perhaps the finest example of how easily corruptible the concept can become. It is now my opinion that Objectivism and effectively libertarianism is a Utopian idea on principle and anti-pragmatic.

That being said, I still have full respect for the opinions of libertarians, and even conservatives despite disagreeing with many of them on a number of issues. I do not, however, respect the opinions of conspiracy theorists, and namely the wave of anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers that have come from the right. That's just how it is.

Walter likes this.
  2. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

Nice to have you here. Never thought to witness so much madness in our times.