High-level leftists quick to use Colorado theater shootings to demand more "gun control"

Little-Acorn

It had to happen, though I'm surprised it started so quickly.

Though considering the desperation of liberals falling behind in more and more polls nationwide, with a major election coming, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at their using everything, up to and including mass murders, to justify their increasingly unpopular agenda.

NYC Mayor Bloomberg demands Obama and Romney "do something about" Colorado shootings
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...romney-on-gun-control-after-colorado-shooting

Brady anti-gun coalition demands more gun restrictions in wake of Colorado shootings
http://www.bradycampaign.org/

ABC "News" commentators blithely blame Tea Party for shootings with no attempt to verify connection
http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/20/a...tie-between-aurora-shooter-and-the-tea-party/

CNN Piers Morgan uses Colorado shootings to call for more govt restrictions on guns
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/20/CNN-Explots-Batman-Tragedy

Never mind that laws against gun ownership, only restrict the law-abiding.

Never mind that the areas with the strictest laws against guns, are the areas where gun crimes of all kinds stay at the highest levels year after year in spite of those laws.

Never mind the complete lack of any evidence showing that gun laws prevent criminals from using guns.

Is there anything these people won't do, any lie they won't tell, any tragedy they won't exploit, to push their tired, failed agenda?

I guess we need to remember the words of Barack Obama's then-Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

But couldn't they at least wait until the bodies have cooled?

Werbung:
See liberals dont understand by dialing 911 it takes cops longer to protect you then carry a gun and you can protect yourself right there in front of the suspect. Just like Suppose Florida had liberal gun laws. Zimmerman would been dead and Martin would probley get 5 to 10 years with early parole.

Cops were ALREADY THERE at the theater, doing routine crowd control because the premier was apparently a big deal with lots of people.

And of course people called 911 immediately.

And yet the nutcase was able to shoot SIXTY PEOPLE, plus probably a lot of shots that missed, and then calmly walk out to his car in the parking lot, before police collared him.

A theater full of people get shot up because they have no way to defend themselves against a madman with a gun who has them cornered. Just how the liberals want it.

Several so called news outlets couldn't wait to blame the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh etc. Just like they did when that other nut shot all those people in AZ. I hope the real Tea Party guy from Aroura with the same name sues their butts off.

Here's my response to the "Gun Control" douchebags:

Ah, sweet justice — drink it in, it always goes down smooth. There are few things that warm my heart quite so much as watching a lawfully armed citizen give a good lesson to a couple of bad guys who seek to threaten, intimidate, and possibly cause fatal bodily harm to others while undermining the rule of law. In an Internet cafe in Florida the other night, two armed robbers likely gained a newfound respect for the Second Amendment, the hard way:​
Absolutely textbook. I’m always amazed by people who seemed shocked or aghast by their friends and neighbors carrying weapons — if you don’t want to take the responsibility of owning and carrying a firearm upon your person, that’s fine. It’s your life, and you can cope with the risks. But I would think they’d be grateful when perfectly responsible, law-abiding citizens like this create a positive externality for everybody else by undertaking the task. Honestly, if criminals thought a few more people might be carrying concealed weapons in these instances, how much more or less eager do you think they’d be to try and commit the crime in the first place?​
Just one person with a Concealed Carry could have totally changed the outcome of the Colorado theater shooting.

You are telling me no one in the movie theatre had a gun besides the killer. Or is it more likely that they did not use it because it would result in more killings. Why are so many killed in the USA if an armed citenzenship protects you.

See my point about cops? They can do their jobs if they really want to. In Auroa ill bet you they didnt trap speeders,Red Light Violators,,Looking around pArking meters even traping prositution.They were trying to protect folks in that theater. Lets face it.If this happen in L.A or in NYC theyre would been 150 deaths.

You are telling me no one in the movie theatre had a gun besides the killer. Or is it more likely that they did not use it because it would result in more killings. Why are so many killed in the USA if an armed citenzenship protects you.

unlike Switzerland, we are not required to be armed. and the criminals know it.

Here's my response to the "Gun Control" douchebags:

Ah, sweet justice — drink it in, it always goes down smooth. There are few things that warm my heart quite so much as watching a lawfully armed citizen give a good lesson to a couple of bad guys who seek to threaten, intimidate, and possibly cause fatal bodily harm to others while undermining the rule of law. In an Internet cafe in Florida the other night, two armed robbers likely gained a newfound respect for the Second Amendment, the hard way:​
Absolutely textbook. I’m always amazed by people who seemed shocked or aghast by their friends and neighbors carrying weapons — if you don’t want to take the responsibility of owning and carrying a firearm upon your person, that’s fine. It’s your life, and you can cope with the risks. But I would think they’d be grateful when perfectly responsible, law-abiding citizens like this create a positive externality for everybody else by undertaking the task. Honestly, if criminals thought a few more people might be carrying concealed weapons in these instances, how much more or less eager do you think they’d be to try and commit the crime in the first place?​
Just one person with a Concealed Carry could have totally changed the outcome of the Colorado theater shooting.

That old timer is my hero. I wonder if he will be persecuted for firing his weapon out the door at the fleeing perps. I suspect some persecutors would charge him for illegal discharge of a firearm.

Not one reporter on CNN asked Were officers enforcing sobriety checkpoints or trapping speeders or did you officers have any prositution stings while the shooter was inm theater? My point is stop enforcing petty stuff and America would be a safe nation to live in. Like Canada for example

Not one reporter on CNN asked Were officers enforcing sobriety checkpoints or trapping speeders or did you officers have any prositution stings while the shooter was inm theater? My point is stop enforcing petty stuff and America would be a safe nation to live in. Like Canada for example

how ?

Ever been to Canada? Next time you go,, Try this,,Open a car door any car door and its unlocked. Go in any home any home and open the door its unlocked. People in Canada dont lock their cars or doors in their homes cause cops to their jobs very well over there. And get this Walk in a suburban area in Montreal at night go ahead walk and when cop car comes by see you walk the officers will begin asking you questions and you must answer you cant say well officer i have my 1st admendment rights do that they haul your ass to jail cause they can. In America they cannot do that unless they have probable cause. In Canada officer dont have to give you a reason why they gonna take you in cause they can. Thats why its so safe to live in Canada

Werbung:
Ever been to Canada? Next time you go,, Try this,,Open a car door any car door and its unlocked. Go in any home any home and open the door its unlocked. People in Canada dont lock their cars or doors in their homes cause cops to their jobs very well over there. And get this Walk in a suburban area in Montreal at night go ahead walk and when cop car comes by see you walk the officers will begin asking you questions and you must answer you cant say well officer i have my 1st admendment rights do that they haul your ass to jail cause they can. In America they cannot do that unless they have probable cause. In Canada officer dont have to give you a reason why they gonna take you in cause they can. Thats why its so safe to live in Canada

what do we have that Canada does not ? thats the difference between there and here.

Back