Highway deaths fall to lowest level since 1949

steveox

WASHINGTON – Highway deaths have fallen to levels not seen since the Korean War, helped by more people wearing seat belts, better safety equipment in cars and efforts to curb drunken driving.

The Transportation Department estimated Friday that 32,788 people were killed on U.S. roads in 2010, a decrease of about 3 percent from 2009. It's the fewest number of deaths since 1949 — during the presidency of Harry Truman — when more than 30,000 people were killed. Since 2005, highway deaths have fallen about 25 percent.

The Pacific Northwest region, which includes Washington state, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Alaska, saw fatalities fall 12 percent. Western states including Arizona, California and Hawaii also posted large declines.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_highway_deaths

You see,,It has nothing to do with the 55 MPH speed limit. Its the way you drive! Now Deat rates will go much lower if you get old people off the roads. My idea law 65 YOU CANT DRIVE! It means when you turn 65 and collect social security you must give up your license. The Speed limit is fine just the way it is.
1000px-US_speed_limits_svg-1.png

Werbung:
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that as gas prices have gone up, highway deaths have gone down.

This is another statistic that is extremely misleading, but this time in a good way.

Comparing 1949 highway death statistics with 2010 highway death statistics are like comparing apples to oranges. Do I really need to list the reasons why?

Werbung:
Its another way Liberals are lying to you. Just like Jimmy Carter made that 55MPH speed limit. He thinks the law was designed to save gas,,Then after carter left Liberals say its designed to save lives. The reality was the 55 MPH speed limit gave Cops powers to pull you over for revinue. Same B.S about seat belt laws. Theyre drivers still get killed even wearing their seat belts. But the Media will deny this.The Media will even lie saying he wasnt wearing his seat belt. But when Lawmakers make the laws and violate them Cops will look the other way just like former New Jersey Governor Jon Corzone did when he wasnt wearing his seatbelt. Thats the real reason he lost the Election. Just like Floridians all said no extention of the seat belt laws. What did Charlie Chist do??? HE SIGNED IT ANYWAY!! After the people said no. Thats why he lost the Election. Liberals just dont get it, They think they rule america and the peasents dont. I got news for you,,The people of wisconsin are prepared to throw the whole democratic party out in november. Remember,, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Back