Hillary Declining?

vyo476

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/pl_nm/usa_politics_poll_dc;_ylt=Amv03Gg1o7hqcf5gAypua1us0NUE

I found this rather interesting. Zogby himself says in the article that he believes that most Americans think a Democrat is going to win the White House in 2008, which is honestly what I thought, too. I guess it ain't over 'till it's over, huh?

Oh, and this article kind of makes me think that we spend altogether too much time focused on hypotheticals before elections. Your thoughts?

Werbung:
Oh, and this article kind of makes me think that we spend altogether too much time focused on hypotheticals before elections. Your thoughts?

That's what happens when we have paid political consultants starting campaigns 3 years early.

I am one who still thinks a democrat will win the white house. Just not Hillary. If Hillary wins the primary we can probably say hello to another 4 years minimum of GOP control of 1600 Penn Ave.

I disagree Bunz. I'm on record here saying that there's a better than even chance, barring a terrorist attack on American soil, of Czarine Clinton.

Jarhead my buddy, just let me have my own sense of reality and bliss and not thinking about her running the show. I really want to vote democrat in 08
I think you know my positions considering parties and how they ought to more or less be removed from the picture. But I do have a sense of reality that our next leader will be either a democrat or Republican. I will not vote for Hillary. My list of candidates in a general order would breakdown something like this.

Biden
Obama
Richardson
McCain
Paul
Huckabee
Gravel--not even really a player

If none of them make the general election, I am coming on the record here and saying that I will go with a write in candidate. Most likely a rather disabled buddy of mine. Because as far as I am concerned he will do just as good a job as either Hillary, Rudy, or Mitt. I would rather have a squid loving jarhead like you in the White House than the last three I mentioned.

Jarhead my buddy, just let me have my own sense of reality and bliss and not thinking about her running the show. I really want to vote democrat in 08
I think you know my positions considering parties and how they ought to more or less be removed from the picture. But I do have a sense of reality that our next leader will be either a democrat or Republican. I will not vote for Hillary. My list of candidates in a general order would breakdown something like this.

Biden
Obama
Richardson
McCain
Paul
Huckabee
Gravel--not even really a player

Quite the list. Unfortunately, it looks like you're going to be writing in your friend.

[/quote]I would rather have a squid loving jarhead like you in the White House than the last three I mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you couldn't resist. Thank you for that nice compliment, Bunz. Put a Marine in the White House and you'd see a lot less pounding the crap out of each other and a lot more pounding the crap out of other countries.

Yes, "It isn't over till its over," but I'm pretty sure Hilary will win....sadly.
This is just a joke but....
Think about it-Eve got Adam to eat the forbidden fruit that caused them to be exiled from the Garden and releasing sin into humanity. The female sex has done this a few other times in other religions and further on in Cristianity. Hilary could be the next Eve, releasing who knows how many evils into America :D

Put a Marine in the White House and you'd see a lot less pounding the crap out of each other and a lot more pounding the crap out of other countries.

What is that supposed to mean? You just insulted the men and women who protect YOU and YOUR family. Obviously you don't think that means anything and that the Marines are a bunch of warmonglers. Do you realize how low that gets? My cousin serves in the Marines, as well as other friends and family I know in Iraq. I don'y see them as the bullies of the world, I see them as heros. Its aout time you did to. If you are against the war, attack the people in office, not the Marines who earned respect.

What is that supposed to mean? You just insulted the men and women who protect YOU and YOUR family. Obviously you don't think that means anything and that the Marines are a bunch of warmonglers. Do you realize how low that gets? My cousin serves in the Marines, as well as other friends and family I know in Iraq. I don'y see them as the bullies of the world, I see them as heros. Its aout time you did to. If you are against the war, attack the people in office, not the Marines who earned respect.

Whoa now, Miltiades, relax. If you couldn't tell from my name I am a Marine. In fact I am a 1LT USMC (that stands for the US Marine Corps) helo pilot (HMX-1).

I am in full agreement with you that Marines are heroes worthy of respect and in some way, I am glad to see that you are so passionate in defending us leathernecks. In addition to my status as a Marine, if you do a quick search through my posting record you will clearly see that I am in support of this war and supremely suportive of everyone on the ground.

Please realize that Bunz and I were joking around with each other. For the record, I see "less time pounding the crap out of each other [i.e. typical Washington partisan gridlock] and more time pounding the crap out of other countries [what our politicians are half-letting us do]" as a good thing.

By God, if a Marine was in office the war would be over in less than 3 weeks.

By God, if a Marine was in office the war would be over in less than 3 weeks.
I bet the first two weeks would be spent having the Squids get you there, and spending time trying to pick up the liquid soap in the shower. Fight for 72 hours and wait for the grunts to re-supply you;)
Also, I attempted to post earlier in this thread. I hope this one will work.

Also Lt. Jarhead, when are you guys getting the Kestrels? Are they all they are cracked up to be?

For the life of me I dont know why the corps went with a foreign chopper. Whats next a A380 parked at Andrews in the Presidential livery?

Also, Miltaides...firstly welcome. I hope you will post a ton here and I look forward to many discussions with you. I give all due respect and then some to those who serve in the armed forces. Me and the Jarheaded Mod exchange friendly jabs to lighten the mood most of the time.
Id be more than happy to by the Jarhead a beer and even go fishing with him. Which is not something I look at lightly. I am not sure if he could handle the big ones up here though.

The ironic thing here is that just about everyone I know says, "Yeah, I think Hillary will win...unfortunately."

Which leads to the inevitable response, "Well don't vote for her you idiot!" How is she going to win if people don't vote for her? Who are these faceless people who are going to vote her into office?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/pl_nm/usa_politics_poll_dc;_ylt=Amv03Gg1o7hqcf5gAypua1us0NUE

I found this rather interesting. Zogby himself says in the article that he believes that most Americans think a Democrat is going to win the White House in 2008, which is honestly what I thought, too. I guess it ain't over 'till it's over, huh?

As a 22-year-old....and my first-opportunity to Vote (since the 18-and-legal rule-change happened, after I turned 21), in 1972.....I was one-of-many who wanted Change, rather-than Experience. It seemed like a pretty-good-idea, voting for a D.C.-Outsider, like George McGovern. (Later....Jimmy Carter proved how anxious the regulars, in D.C., were willing to work with Outsiders. :rolleyes: ).

This-time-around, I'm thinkin' I've gotta go with Experience. I'm thinkin'....Whatever It Takes, To Get Bill Back Into The Whitehouse.

A lot o' people complain about Bush-Clinton-Bush-and another Clinton?....but, who better to deal with another Bush economic-debacle....than Clinton II?

Yes, "It isn't over till its over," but I'm pretty sure Hilary will win....sadly.
This is just a joke but....
Think about it-Eve got Adam to eat the forbidden fruit that caused them to be exiled from the Garden and releasing sin into humanity. The female sex has done this a few other times in other religions and further on in Cristianity. Hilary could be the next Eve.......
.....Even if Adam had made-all-the-decisions....the first-time-around?

Werbung:
Put a Marine in the White House and you'd see a lot less pounding the crap out of each other and a lot more pounding the crap out of other countries.
.....As if that's (always) a winning-strategy.

1 October 1964

"A. Since our estimate of 8 September 1964, the situation in South Vietnam has continued to deteriorate. A coup by disgruntled South Vietnam military figures could occur at any time. In any case, we believe that the conditions favor a further decay of GVN will and effectiveness. The likely pattern of this decay will be increasing defeatism, paralysis of leadership, friction with Americans, exploration of possible lines of political accommodation with the other side, and a general petering out of the war effort. It is possible that the civilian government promised for the end of October could improve GVN esprit and effectiveness, but on the basis of present indications, this is unlikely."

Back