Hillbilly will be the death of us all !

Jason76

This thread seems like a hate thread. it's ust some sissy liberal being a smarty pants. Oh, well, basically, what I'm saying is, "Is social conservatism a good thing?" Can it go into overkill? We see examples of too much of it in Saudi Arabia, South and North Korea. How about Saudi Arabia where flogging is done for cell phone use or South Korea where the disabled are sent to salt mines.? How about massive homophobia in the Bible Belt? What about aparthied South Africa?

Of course now we have a Trump, whom many consider a maniac, capitalizing on anti-global social conservative attitudes that many had believed left us years ago in the dark ages.

Last edited:
Werbung:
I'm not a social conservative so I guess I don't see it as a good thing. Trump is a whole different matter. He certainly doesn't paint a pretty picture when it comes to conservatives.

I think Stallone or Arnold would have made a better president. Trump, being rich, comes across a pampered rich wussy. Of course, Arnold is also rich, but he's more of a jock type. Unfortunately, many people are biased against the rich simply cause they're rich, and Trump is a massive target.

Actually, Trump makes even W. Bush just seem like a reasonable conservative. A lot of people were calling W. a Nazi, when I saw no indication at all he was racist. Also Bush had a level of maturity to him, even though much of his life he was spoiled and pampered, as we saw on the movie W. where he couldn't hold a job, complaining an oil tanker didn't allow beer breaks.

Now, I think Bush was sort of anti-global and catered somewhat to the interest of small town Americans, but that's a far cry from what Trump is proposing.

Social conservative is a nebulous term.
Generally it signifies moral behaviors so that alone ensures a wide variability.

.I see no point in comparing different parts of the world as local mores vary dramatically. And acroSS a country the size of ours there is also great variability.

I also see no value in attempting national levels as nothing will satisfy this much variance.

It is true that moral values and responses vary by local community widely across the nation. That is why some seek to limit interference from the federal government in many situations. I'm not sure that some things can be applied or enacted on a national level, certainly not many of the things that have been said by Trump.

Pehaps hillbilly will kill us all considering they're prone toward extremism. Look at how Al-Queda hillbillies would like nuke the US, or how Barry Goldwater was willing to risk nuclear war with the Soviets. Of course, the Nazi plan was to exterminate all the slavs because it was said by Hitler that they couldn't handle self rule, hence they came under the rule of Communists. Populist hillbillies are an insane bunch. :mad:

Werbung:
Of course, this is all dark sarcasm I will have you know. :rolleyes: Some of that is getting back at parents :cry: (and the place I grew up in), but everybody does that.

Back