Hilliary wins NH

Werbung:
Debatable, the English media seemed positive he was going to win against Hiliary, even conservative newspapers like the Telegraph.

The media in this country, liberal, moderate, and conservative fell all over itself to make Obama the nominee. They were just a tad premature.

Obama doesn't say much about his policies. He is basically just a cheerleader. I am not a Democrat, I'm a Libertarian. But watching the primaries does give me an opinion of the canidates. I think Obama acts like a prince who is entitled to win. There is no choice in his mind. The nomination is his by birthright. That annoys me. And I am one of those older women. I'd have voted for Clinton just to teach him some manners.

The media in this country, liberal, moderate, and conservative fell all over itself to make Obama the nominee. They were just a tad premature.

Obama doesn't say much about his policies. He is basically just a cheerleader. I am not a Democrat, I'm a Libertarian. But watching the primaries does give me an opinion of the canidates. I think Obama acts like a prince who is entitled to win. There is no choice in his mind. The nomination is his by birthright. That annoys me. And I am one of those older women. I'd have voted for Clinton just to teach him some manners.

It's been funny watching the mainstream media going from slathering over Clinton, to an attempt at balancing by respecting Edwards and the difficulties and commitment required with a very ill wife, to heralding Obama as the voice of change.

I agree somewhat with your assessment of Obama, his policies (or lack thereof), etc. Obama acts like a prince, especially since his coronation by Oprah. That is the single event, in my opinion, that has elevated his stature from upstart challenger to the person most likely to win.

Another interesting effect since receiving the Oprah stamp of approval is the consequent slide of Hillary in general. With favorable ratings never topping 50% in most polls, she had still been the chosen one to ascend to the Presidency. Her presumptuousness is the primary thing Obama is challenging, in effect, at this point. Lots of big delegate states coming up, and who knows what will happen?

What surprises me is how the social forecast of statisticians were way off. This suggests to me that a statistically significant factor was injected 2 days before the primaries. Anyone care to comment exactly what this factor is?

What surprises me is how the social forecast of statisticians were way off. This suggests to me that a statistically significant factor was injected 2 days before the primaries. Anyone care to comment exactly what this factor is?
Even the exit polls were off by ten points. It sounds to me like a lot of people like to talk up supporting Obama when they really refuse to vote for a black man.

Living in New Hampshire, I could tell you that it's a prematurely white state, but we all know that already. While racism might have had a hand in Hilary's win, I don't think it's the only thing to consider. Another thing is experience.

We voted for Mcain again, like we do every time he runs. Why? Because at over sixty years of age the man's been there and done that. The elders of New Hampshire like someone who's been around the block, while the younger ones just want someone who's willing to change things. It's a bit of a conflicted place.

That being the case, those democrats who voted picked the one person they knew had more experience- Clinton. Obama's a politician, sure, but they've SEEN Hilary before, and they know her policies. To them Obama's a sign of radical options, while Hilary's nice and safe and experienced.

I don't think her being a woman had much of a factor in the long run, although I'm sure there were some who voted for or against her because of it. All I can say is that anyone who thought New Hampshire was going to vote the same way as Iowa was kinda sorta dumb. Since when have we cared what Iowa thought?

Meh. I voted for Richardson.

Living in New Hampshire, I could tell you that it's a prematurely white state, but we all know that already. While racism might have had a hand in Hilary's win, I don't think it's the only thing to consider. Another thing is experience.

We voted for Mcain again, like we do every time he runs.
And McCain got the *exact* percentage of votes, listed by exit polling. Yet Obama somehow gets ten points less than what people claim to have voted. That was either the most flawed exit polling in the history of NH, or it's racism.

Btw, I'm not one of Obama's supporters. I'm hoping McCain gets the nomination since Paul's out. Though if Huckabee expands on this lead in my state, I may well be voting for Obama in the primaries.

Even the exit polls were off by ten points. It sounds to me like a lot of people like to talk up supporting Obama when they really refuse to vote for a black man.

You have a standard deviation of 5 percentage points, which should include people fibbing at exit polls.

Are you telling me that the discrepancy is due to nothing more than an unusually large population of liars?

I read an article about Obama today, and I agree with it. The older people, over thirty crowd, who listen to Obama are unimpressed with him. And I think the older people are, the more uninpressed they are. We've seen his kind come and go. They get everyone excited, then they just fade away. He is going to have to prove to people he is more than that. The burden of proof is his.

The young people are not going to elect anyone to office. They could help a lot if everyone supported someone. I think most Republican nominees would eat Obama alive. The man needs a good deal more experience than he has. John Kennedy ran four years before he won. He learned a lot in those four years. I think Obama will. Maybe he will even learn to respect women and to be a teensy bit humble.

I think most Republican nominees would eat Obama alive.

Yeah, snoring Fred Thompson would just eat him alive.
Mitt Romney, the Stepford Candidate, would just eat him alive.
John McCain, Mr. Octegenarian would just eat him alive.
Rudy Giuliani, the Gangster candidate would eat him alive.
Huckabee, the Religious Fundamentalist would eat him alive (with help from his campaign manager, Jesus, of course).

The GOP field is so weak that they will lose no matter who the Dems put up against them.

Obama, IMHO, will do great. So will Clinton. They are going to wipe the floor with whichever midget wins the GOP nomination.

The Democrats are for changes in our foreign policy, our health care, our fiscal policy. Repuplicans want more of the same in Iraq, more of the same in health care, and more tax cuts for the rich. America is tired of that.

I read an article about Obama today, and I agree with it. The older people, over thirty crowd, who listen to Obama are unimpressed with him. And I think the older people are, the more uninpressed they are. We've seen his kind come and go. They get everyone excited, then they just fade away. He is going to have to prove to people he is more than that. The burden of proof is his.

The young people are not going to elect anyone to office. They could help a lot if everyone supported someone. I think most Republican nominees would eat Obama alive. The man needs a good deal more experience than he has. John Kennedy ran four years before he won. He learned a lot in those four years. I think Obama will. Maybe he will even learn to respect women and to be a teensy bit humble.

Hilllary remains the likely nominee. The "crying incident" shows how shrewd she is. As the other candidates drop out, someone somewhere, obviously not the lib media, is going to nail Obama down on policy, and then they'll see that there's nothing there - just claims. He has kind of laid low in the senate, but if you look at his record in Illinois, you'll see it represents the extreme left wing. Right now, he is getting a little boring. You STILL can't become president in this country with just the support of ignorant groupies and the liberal media. How many whites will jump aboard the Obama bandwagon when they understand what an Obama win would mean? "Affirmative action", unrestricted abortion, appeasement, health care rationing, weakness in the face of islamists, big taxes, big government................

Werbung:
You've found out a lot more about him than I have. I have never heard him give an opinion on anything.

I don't think men understand about women and tears. Perhaps not so much today, but when older women were raised, crying was the only emotion girls were allowed to have. We tear up when we are angry. It is very frustrating and we don't like it. But believe me, we get angry. We tear up when we feel any emotion. That is why we cry when we are happy.

We are not saps. We simply respond to emotion differently. Men will sometimes act angry when they are embarassed or frightened. Boy were allowed to be angry, but not to cry.

Women and men may express their emotions differently, but we feel the same emotions, and we are equally able to rise above our emotions and behave very well. As you saw Clinton recover. Most women do not believe Clinton was faking and it is kind of annoying that men do.

Back