House Of Politics becomes the National Enquirer

Sihouette

Is it just me or does it seem like there are " a LOT of really superfluous eye-catching tabloid titles to unending posts that really feel a lot like Spam!!"

Mr. Shaman, "little acorn" "always" etc. seem to be focusing on disappearing threads instead of having a few meaningful threads stick around to hash out. If you don't visit this site every single day, sometimes more than once, great threads are spammed clear off the front page. And in their place we have a bunch of tabloid titles of near absurdity. It degrades the credibility of this website and looks a lot like propaganda instead of lucid debate.

I've spoken to the mods about this but so far they haven't come up with a plan. I'd like to see at least a limit to the number of threads one IP address is allowed to make each day. Say like two or maybe three. That might at least slow things down a bit.

Werbung:
That is a very good idea. We should all be very careful before starting new a new thread. I know I am as guilty as anyone, but I am willing to stop posting new threads. I suspect the need for a new thread is very limited considering how long this site has been up. Posting to existing threads should work in most cases.

Is it just me or does it seem like there are " a LOT of really superfluous eye-catching tabloid titles to unending posts that really feel a lot like Spam!!"
It's rare, but I completely agree with you on this. While I don't necessarily think limiting the number of posts is a good idea, I do think we should raise the bar for what is acceptable in creating a new thread.

great threads are spammed clear off the front page.
Yeah, I miss seeing my threads too... :D

Mr. Shaman, "little acorn" "always" etc. seem to be focusing on disappearing threads instead of having a few meaningful threads stick around to hash out. If you don't visit this site every single day, sometimes more than once, great threads are spammed clear off the front page. And in their place we have a bunch of tabloid titles of near absurdity. It degrades the credibility of this website and looks a lot like propaganda instead of lucid debate.

I've spoken to the mods about this but so far they haven't come up with a plan. I'd like to see at least a limit to the number of threads one IP address is allowed to make each day. Say like two or maybe three. That might at least slow things down a bit.

Great point, and good idea Sil. It is one of the primary issues I've not bothered spending time here. That and the brainless diatribes that seem to also be the methodology used by the same offenders.

I hope there is some improvement. I miss the thoughtful, stimulating debates and discussions that originally attracted me here.

Siho Said:Is it just me or does it seem like there are " a LOT of really superfluous eye-catching tabloid titles to unending posts that really feel a lot like Spam!!"

Here's a suggestion: make a seperate topic, just for those constant Obama Bashers...call it SH!T CAN or anything else that you {ADMIN} want to and it will be just of those 'lessor thinking mental midgets' that have nothing CURRENT EVENT FACTURAL to post...it'll be only for trashing the current president...so the rest of us can just' ignore that entire topic/section...it still will bog down the 'NEW POST' options that I click on unless they make that a dead end topic that won't show up on the NEW POST listing...hmmmm I wonder if that is plausible...what do you think?

Hiya Truth! We've missed you around here.. :(

Must have been before I arrived. :D

Thank you, thank you GenSen!

LOL! Actually, it WAS before you arrived, but you've never done one thing to marginalize authentic debate. Returning to a point-in-question due to lack of coherent response doesn't count. So you go right ahead and pit bull those who refuse to respond.

Missed you too!;)

Here's a suggestion: make a seperate topic, just for those constant Obama Bashers...call it SH!T CAN or anything else that you {ADMIN} want to and it will be just of those 'lessor thinking mental midgets' that have nothing CURRENT EVENT FACTURAL to post...it'll be only for trashing the current president...so the rest of us can just' ignore that entire topic/section...it still will bog down the 'NEW POST' options that I click on unless they make that a dead end topic that won't show up on the NEW POST listing...hmmmm I wonder if that is plausible...what do you think?

and another one for all these uber lefty posts too ?
can call it "the ether" !

Spam: unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses.

Wanna try, again??!!!!

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Here's a suggestion: make a seperate topic, just for those constant Obama Bashers...call it SH!T CAN or anything else that you {ADMIN} want to and it will be just of those 'lessor thinking mental midgets' that have nothing CURRENT EVENT FACTURAL to post...
You kiddin'??!!!!!!

BigRob has a loooooooooooooooong history (here) of siding-with/catering-to the more-"conservative" members....and, has admitted as-much; that his (personal) agenda is more-conservative, by nature!!

Every-time the Libs (here) start getting the upper-hand (i.e. VAPORIZING all o' the "conservative" talking-points), there's always some hue-and-cry about a need to change things...and, more-often-than-not, it's when some new-person shows-up (here)...who starts whining-and-complaining about the way they're treated....and, rather-than telling that person to quit being so thin-skinned, BigRob uses that opportunity to create an environment, more to his liking....and, the black-and-blue "conservatives", as well!​

Back