How to solve our national problems?

Well, I guess I was right then. With all that is happening, all the division, all the racism, all the economic troubles, all the healthcare disagreement, the verdict is "no problems. All is well."

If "Biggie" does see any problems worth fixing aside from the existence of liberals, I'd like to know what they are.
Sounds like the subject of a new thread.
Maybe liberals taking the time to understand what conservatives view as problems can lead to some consensus. We already have a handle on the disagreenents.

Werbung:

Ok - so to follow this claim it should reason that consumer spending has fallen over the last few years as income inequality and wealth inequality has exploded...correct?

The problem here is that consumer spending has not done that. The Bureau of Economic Analysis keeps track of this and nothing in their reported data indicates anything of the sort you are claiming must be happening. In fact, in April of this year, consumer spending actually increased at the fastest pace in seven years.

So, if income inequality and wealth inequality lead to lower consumer spending, how do you explain that in the time period leftists always claim this problem has exploded, consumer spending is not lower and in fact just this year increased at its best pace in seven years?

INCOME AND WEALTH INEQUALITY
-Raise taxes on the rich. Seemed to work for California. Kansas cut the taxes for the rich and is now borke.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...r-california-raised-taxes-and-kansas-cut-them

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/tax...-republicans-move-to-raise-taxes-on-the-poor/

HIGH COLLEGE TUITION DEBT
-I know how this feels when you get out of college. 20k usd in debt and no job security. That is what most young adults face when they get out of college. At the time being I would say to get a job and make it work. Apply for college scholarships every year.

Other countries have free college tuition. Norway, Sweden, and Germany have such programs. If they have them, why can't we? There has to be a way to do it. Cut our military spending in half, cut outer space research spending completely, then I think we can offer some kind, even community college courses to Americans.

Bernie Sanders had a plan. I'm open to listen to it now more then ever.

GETTING BIG MONEY OUT OF POLITICS
-It takes big money to campaign across America. On average both Republican and Democratic nominees spend exactly 1 billion dollars each to win the office of the President of the United States. That is not coming from "out of pocket" money. Nominees need money to win, and lobbyist needs favors. How do we stop that? No idea. Even if we did cap it by law to which how much a nominee can receive by private and corporate donors, somethings will get passed the books.

COMBATING CLIMATE CHANGE
-Republicans hate the idea of stopping or placing limits on the business sector for climate change. As a nation I don't think we can take a serious blow like that. It will come down to normal citizens making a conscious effort to cut our own personal transportation emissions to help climate change. Corporations won't do it, Government is battling over the idea, so that leaves the individual to make a conscious effort to change the world around us.

IMMIGRATION POLICY
- We are a nation of immigrants. Not me personally, because I'm a native. But everyone else is. I think we have our own problems and short comings (USA). We need to limit our intake of immigrants for the sheer fact that we need to spend our resources on our own citizens first before taking in more people. I'm not saying a total ban, but we need to cap it quarterly or yearly, depending on the the availability of jobs and resources for health and education for it's own citizens first.

RACIAL JUSTICE
-local law enforcement handles that one. You can't brainwash everyone to think racial equality and personal opinion of each other. To act upon them is something law enforcement has to look after. People are raised to hate another race, and person experiences with ignorant people shapes and molds them. Irresponsible parents are part of the problem.

HEALTHCARE FOR ALL
-Like free education, other countries have very low payments or free health care. There are ways to get basic health services. We just need to explore ways to fund it. Cutting other programs like space exploration and military funding are but a few.

Bernie had a plan.

HIGH PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES
-I'm a conspiracy theorist. So I have dug deep in every little pocket of doubt in our Governments spending and self serving actions. I won't go into them, but I will say that we as a people are getting sick because of fraudulent scientific research over the decades, that have left us sick and dying, so that we now turn to expensive numbing pills that never heal or cure us. It just keeps us alive long enough to buy more pills so that we can continue living a life of excess and continuing this cycle that everyone has bought into.

Educate yourself on proper nutrition. Nature does have natural remedies on curing all ailments. Stop buying numbing pills and learn to do it naturally. Take responsibility for your own health and not leave it into the hands of big pharma.

Werbung:
Joshposh, I agree with much of what you said, . . . "BUT".....

INCOME AND WEALTH INEQUALITY
-Raise taxes on the rich.
The rich always try to minimize their tax bill. So when tax rate for them are high, the take less as taxable income and plow the rest into tax-exempt, or tax-deferred positions like investment in their own businesses so they can write off the amounts as capital expenditures. And when their tax rates are low, they take more income as they are now and income disparity increases.
"BUT"... how do we get their tax rates raised? The forces of capitalism, some of which I just mentioned, stand against such an effort.

HIGH COLLEGE TUITION DEBT
-I know how this feels when you get out of college. 20k usd in debt and no job security. That is what most young adults face when they get out of college. At the time being I would say to get a job and make it work. Apply for college scholarships every year.

Other countries have free college tuition. Norway, Sweden, and Germany have such programs. If they have them, why can't we? There has to be a way to do it. Cut our military spending in half, cut outer space research spending completely, then I think we can offer some kind, even community college courses to Americans.
Agreed, "BUT" . . . how do we get it done? The forces of capitalism have decided that they no longer need so many college-educated workers, so compliant government is increasing the supply of workers with less education to supply corporate needs. Yet an educated public is still a national asset in that such a public makes better political and personal choices. It benefits health, peace, and political climate. But how do we get it done? [/QUOTE]

GETTING BIG MONEY OUT OF POLITICS
-It takes big money to campaign across America. On average both Republican and Democratic nominees spend exactly 1 billion dollars each to win the office of the President of the United States. That is not coming from "out of pocket" money. Nominees need money to win, and lobbyist needs favors. How do we stop that? No idea. Even if we did cap it by law to which how much a nominee can receive by private and corporate donors, somethings will get passed the books.
It depends on whether we want to enhance democracy or enhance oligarchy. Bernie Sanders wants to enhance democracy so he is in favor of publicly-funded elections. Think how much money there would be for elections every 2 years if every household were required to support their country by paying a tax of $10/year for campaign spending. But that would eliminate the leverage corporations want over elections and spending. They want to enhance oligarchy to serve their narrow interests against the interests of real democracy. So how do we get it done? The forces of capitalism stand against us. We can't fight corporate power dollar-for-dollar.

COMBATING CLIMATE CHANGE
-Republicans hate the idea of stopping or placing limits on the business sector for climate change. As a nation I don't think we can take a serious blow like that. It will come down to normal citizens making a conscious effort to cut our own personal transportation emissions to help climate change. Corporations won't do it, Government is battling over the idea, so that leaves the individual to make a conscious effort to change the world around us.
Right. Republicans side with corporations on this even though Exxon's research in 1977 revealed the dangers. So this is yet another issue that corporations and government don't want solved. Capitalism stands against us. So how do we get it done?

IMMIGRATION POLICY
- We are a nation of immigrants. Not me personally, because I'm a native. But everyone else is. I think we have our own problems and short comings (USA). We need to limit our intake of immigrants for the sheer fact that we need to spend our resources on our own citizens first before taking in more people. I'm not saying a total ban, but we need to cap it quarterly or yearly, depending on the the availability of jobs and resources for health and education for it's own citizens first.
You're a Native American? I have great respect for the Native American culture and I support their struggles against the cruel, inhumane, and intolerable treatment they have suffered since the first Europeans stepped foot on this continent. But on the subject at hand, corporations that actually dominate our economic and political climates have always wanted more and more immigrants to exploit for cheap wages and they don't want us to spend our resources on our own citizens first before taking in more people. And they "own" government, so it has become a disaster because capitalism stands against us.

RACIAL JUSTICE
-local law enforcement handles that one. You can't brainwash everyone to think racial equality and personal opinion of each other. To act upon them is something law enforcement has to look after. People are raised to hate another race, and person experiences with ignorant people shapes and molds them. Irresponsible parents are part of the problem.
Racial tensions go back to slavery. It has never ceased or paused. And blacks in particular earn less than others with the same education, on average. Racism has infused itself into the profit structure of businesses with those lower wages. But this is one issue whose time for reversal may have come. But it will still take a struggle.

HEALTHCARE FOR ALL
-Like free education, other countries have very low payments or free health care. There are ways to get basic health services. We just need to explore ways to fund it. Cutting other programs like space exploration and military funding are but a few.

Bernie had a plan.
Agreed. Our per-capita spending as well as our percent-of-GNP spending is way out of whack relative to every other country. But the power of the health insurance industry plus that of the pharmaceutical industry plus that of the defense industry is formidable. That power stands against efforts to solve this problem as all other countries have. Capitalism stands in our way. So how do we make it happen?

HIGH PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES
-I'm a conspiracy theorist. So I have dug deep in every little pocket of doubt in our Governments spending and self serving actions. I won't go into them, but I will say that we as a people are getting sick because of fraudulent scientific research over the decades, that have left us sick and dying, so that we now turn to expensive numbing pills that never heal or cure us. It just keeps us alive long enough to buy more pills so that we can continue living a life of excess and continuing this cycle that everyone has bought into.
I hear you. But like in chess, every step taken by the public to modify their lifestyle and habits for better health is countered by the health insurance and dug industries. Now we can't get around high drug prices by reimporting U.S.-made drugs, government has made GMO labeling a problem while Monsanto and DuPont are announcing another crop herbicide that promises to be even more dangerous and government is positioned to permit its use without reliable independent testing, more and more drugs are marketed with horrible side effects and dangers while lawsuits against such businesses are being banned, and laws on generics are being modified in favor of the big drug manufacturers. So capitalism stands against us in this, too. How do we solve it then?

It's time to end capitalism I think.

Back