How Weed Won the West

While California is going bankrupt, one business is booming. "How Weed Won the West" is the story of the growing medical cannabis / marijuana industry in the greater Los Angeles area, with over 700 dispensaries doling out the buds. Following the story of Organica, a southland dispensary owned by Jeff Joseph that was raided by the DEA in August of '09, the film shows that although much has changed with Obama in office, the War on Drugs is nowhere near over. From Kevin Booth, the producer/director of Showtime's "American Drug War", "How Weed Won the West" puts California forward an example to the rest of the country by documenting how legalizing marijuana can save the economy.

Werbung:
Making weed legal and taxing it is not likely to produce much income. It is just too easy to grow. Why buy the high priced taxed stuff when you can grow your own.
I do however, support making it legal. There are too many people incarcerated with nothing more than drug charges. Also note, I am not a recreational drug user...I do not use any intoxicants of any kind including beer. Therefore there should not be any reaction to my post that suggests a personal reason for legalizing drugs. I am just tired of seeing so much money being poured down the "War on Drugs", never ending rat hole.

Werbung:
Making weed legal and taxing it is not likely to produce much income. It is just too easy to grow. Why buy the high priced taxed stuff when you can grow your own.
I do however, support making it legal. There are too many people incarcerated with nothing more than drug charges. Also note, I am not a recreational drug user...I do not use any intoxicants of any kind including beer. Therefore there should not be any reaction to my post that suggests a personal reason for legalizing drugs. I am just tired of seeing so much money being poured down the "War on Drugs", never ending rat hole.

Me too, dahermit, I don't use any intoxicants, but I think marijuana should be legalized. Our war on drugs is an endless process of flushing money down the toilet.

Back