Huckabee's Willie Horton?

PLC1

Staff member
Huckabee’s Link to Shooting Suspect Could Be Setback

Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- The political future of former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee could be damaged by his role in commuting the sentence of a man who is now suspected of killing four police officers in Washington state.

Huckabee, as governor of Arkansas in 2000, commuted a 95- year prison sentence for Maurice Clemmons. Huckabee cited Clemmons’ youth -- he was 17 when he was convicted in 1989 of aggravated robbery -- in commuting the sentence, the Associated Press reported.

Remember those Willie Horton ads that were run against Dukakis in '88? We can probably expect the same should Huckabee become a prime contender in the '12 election.

Werbung:
Thanks for the link PLC1. I hope this keeps him out of the running for 2012

I undersand why he reduced the sentence, and If I were the one making the choice I would have probably made a simular one. But I just dont want him running for president again, so I hope the lefties burn him on this one.

If only Uncle Ted was in charge, we could stop the pantywaist liberals from coddling subhuman criminals. If only...four young cops would be alive.

The social costs of 17,000 homicides annually in this country is huge and yet the DF liberals only care about the subhuman criminals and taking guns from the law abiding.

"I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders!" - Ted Nugent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo

Thanks for the link PLC1. I hope this keeps him out of the running for 2012

I undersand why he reduced the sentence, and If I were the one making the choice I would have probably made a simular one. But I just dont want him running for president again, so I hope the lefties burn him on this one.

I talked to my daughter in Washington State this evening. She says the news up there has him juxtaposed with Huckabee over and over, making sure that there is a good connection in the minds of the voters. There are a lot of "lefties" in the Seattle area, much like in the San Fransisco area here.

I talked to my daughter in Washington State this evening. She says the news up there has him juxtaposed with Huckabee over and over, making sure that there is a good connection in the minds of the voters. There are a lot of "lefties" in the Seattle area, much like in the San Fransisco area here.

I want the evangelical christans to hear about it, those are the ones who will vote for him.

Lars Larson has a local and national talk show, he hates the huckster and has been blasting it to the conservatives who listen to his show, that is helpful.

I know its mean on my part but I am still angry with him, if not for him it just might have been Romney vs obama instead of mccain

I want the evangelical christans to hear about it, those are the ones who will vote for him.

Lars Larson has a local and national talk show, he hates the huckster and has been blasting it to the conservatives who listen to his show, that is helpful.

I know its mean on my part but I am still angry with him, if not for him it just might have been Romney vs obama instead of mccain

Romney might well have won had the evangelicals voted for him. The just couldn't get past the religion issue. Maybe they don't realize that Mormons and Evangelicals have the same political stance, even if their theology is different.

Maybe in 2012.

Romney might well have won had the evangelicals voted for him. The just couldn't get past the religion issue. Maybe they don't realize that Mormons and Evangelicals have the same political stance, even if their theology is different.

Maybe in 2012.

2012 is what I am hoping for

I just want huckabump to go away, I wish fox news didnt give him a program.

hopefully this will be enough to make him go away.

This whole situation is tragic to say the least. I can only hope he is caught and justice in whatever form is swiftly done. Obviously some are making this a political issue about one person in a giant machine and I dont think its quite fair. To me, this raises a number of issues. Firstly, it appears this is a case of a violent felon let lose a few different times on parole because the prison is full of otherwise non-violent dope heads serving lengthy mandatory minimum sentances.

While I am an ardent supporter of private firearm ownership, it is way to easy in this country for people who should not have guns to get them. Be them uneducated youth, felons, mentally unstable or any number of things that make gun ownership for them a hazard to society.

May the fallen officers rest in peace, and thier families comfort in thier time of loss.

I dont lay this at the feet of Huckabee. The blood is on the hands of the shooter. Society also burdens some of the indirect responsibility.

This whole situation is tragic to say the least. I can only hope he is caught and justice in whatever form is swiftly done. Obviously some are making this a political issue about one person in a giant machine and I dont think its quite fair. To me, this raises a number of issues. Firstly, it appears this is a case of a violent felon let lose a few different times on parole because the prison is full of otherwise non-violent dope heads serving lengthy mandatory minimum sentances.

While I am an ardent supporter of private firearm ownership, it is way to easy in this country for people who should not have guns to get them. Be them uneducated youth, felons, mentally unstable or any number of things that make gun ownership for them a hazard to society.

May the fallen officers rest in peace, and thier families comfort in thier time of loss.

I dont lay this at the feet of Huckabee. The blood is on the hands of the shooter. Society also burdens some of the indirect responsibility.

well it think its a safe bet he had his gun illegaly...unless the NRA is working overtime

Werbung:
well it think its a safe bet he had his gun illegaly...unless the NRA is working overtime

My point exactly. Him being a convicted felon would automatically preclude him from purchasing a gun from an FFL dealer. That does not prevent him from going to a gun show and buying as many guns as he could afford. Or calling anyone who places an ad for a gun for sale in the newspaper, or whereever.
Are gun listings in the local newspaper classified section common in the lower 48 or is it just an Alaska thing?

Back