I am still unclear of what is considered reportable

Pandora

OK

I am sorry if I am slow to understand but I am still unsure of what is
reportable. I think I understand what is bannable, 3 reported posts that came with a warning.

But what is reportable?

I understand if you call someone stupid or a moron that is reportable and you get a warning because I saw that silouette got one.

But can we say Obama is a moron? or is that reportable too? If it is then the saying Bush is a moron is reportable and the whole forum would have to be closed down :) because that is said, and said often!

I belive that you have to have mental issues to be an Obama supporter, so If I say that am I not saying the obama supporters on this forum have mental issues?

This slippery slope is so slippery and I see very nice people that get reported for things I see others do often and are not reported for.

If the rules are its only bad if its against someone liberal or a liberal leader, other than that its ok then we need to know that.

Is there anyone in the forum besides me that is unclear about what is reportable?

Werbung:
OK

I am sorry if I am slow to understand but I am still unsure of what is
reportable. I think I understand what is bannable, 3 reported posts that came with a warning.

But what is reportable?

I understand if you call someone stupid or a moron that is reportable and you get a warning because I saw that silouette got one.

But can we say Obama is a moron? or is that reportable too? If it is then the saying Bush is a moron is reportable and the whole forum would have to be closed down :) because that is said, and said often!

I belive that you have to have mental issues to be an Obama supporter, so If I say that am I not saying the obama supporters on this forum have mental issues?

This slippery slope is so slippery and I see very nice people that get reported for things I see others do often and are not reported for.

If the rules are its only bad if its against someone liberal or a liberal leader, other than that its ok then we need to know that.

Is there anyone in the forum besides me that is unclear about what is reportable?

I personally will never report anyone for anything, no matter what it is.

I personally will never report anyone for anything, no matter what it is.

I will not either but there are some who do and we are going to lose good people because of it. so we need to know what exactly IS reportable so we can "try" to walk on egg shells with those people.

Actually thinking about it, can someone report what you said to someone else? that is another thing I dont know.

I feel free to talk with Popeye and Topgun without walking on egg shells, they dont report and they slam pretty good, so you just slam back and it feels nice just to say what is on your mind, but what if someone who really likes the 1984/hiter youth ideas of reporting others, can they report you for what you said to another person or does it have to be what you said to them directly?

those poeple who report I would just rather not talk to them because I dont want to get baited into saying something they will report me for. but if I have to worry they can report me for something i say to you then I guess its egg shells every time you post?

I have reported posts, but only by that MORON USh!t (with one exception), and then only because he decided that he was going to be such a complete hypocrite.

Frankly, I prefer "Big Boy" rules. Try to keep it civil, but if someone want's to throw "high and inside", you should be free to do the same without having to have the Mods get involved.

My only exception to this is when dealing with CR'ers. Frankly, they deserve to have every invective, colorful metaphore, insult, and curse in the English language (and any others that you may be conversant in) thrown at them at every opportunity. Anybody who is brain dead enough to believe (for example, with nobody in particular in mind) that 9-11 was an "inside job", that the Lunar landings were faked, that Vietnam was a coverup for the Manson murders, that JFK was assassinated by the Mafia, or any of that other garbage needs to be tied down to a stretcher with a Thorazine drip going 24/7/365.

another thing I dont know is when someone reports you does your getting a warning or not depend on what mod gets the complaint?

one mod may deal with things one way and another mod another.

BTW I am sure we all see who are the normal posters for this forum just by amount of posts given.. Its obvious we can get be heavy hitters at times .. xpcially during heated topics as the politics lately sure have given plenty of room for it. however I have We are adults.. and even in public and off the net people get fustrated with these topics...

Needless to say.. I for one.. won't report unless its just absoutely blatant.

otherwise.. its understandable people get heated defending their beliefs

BTW I am sure we all see who are the normal posters for this forum just by amount of posts given.. Its obvious we can get be heavy hitters at times .. xpcially during heated topics as the politics lately sure have given plenty of room for it. however I have We are adults.. and even in public and off the net people get fustrated with these topics...

Needless to say.. I for one.. won't report unless its just absoutely blatant.

otherwise.. its understandable people get heated defending their beliefs

The problem is not any of the normal posters, we all slug eachother and often. Its when someone new comes, they bait and report. They wont be here very long, this is just a place to come and cause trouble, but in that process we could lose good people so I think it is important to know before those baiters target more than who they have already targeted.

But what is reportable?

It is reportable, but with all respect, if you find yourself needing to report someone every time they use the word moron the forum would become very clogged. Try and ignore petty insults and just remember the people who use them are probably loosing the argument. Report really offensive or disgusting insults by all means though.

No, Obama can be called a moron. It is not a personal attack on a member. Maybe if Obama registered though :)

You could say that, but only as a kind of metaphor and not as the central point of your argument. Also, its important to say it in a certain way as to not offend other members.

It is a slippery slope with two options. Either we have very clearly cut lines where we report members for everything, however petty. Or we could be adults and do it within reason. I prefer the second one.

Thank you for asking and its always going to be a struggle to keep the forum clean but we try our best!

Werbung:
Maybe. Maybe excercising common sense is the best approach - if someone is making the forum unenjoyable for you and not just because they are arguing a point you don't like tell one of us.

Back