I know...let's talk reason to these people.....

bododie

Arizona girl's attack sheds light on rape in Liberia

(CNN) -- The allegation is shocking: an 8-year-old girl lured to a storage shed with the promise of chewing gum, pinned down and sexually assaulted by four boys, none of them older than 14.

President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has made cracking down on sex crimes a top priority in Liberia.

The response from the girl's family sent a second and equally stunning shockwave through their Phoenix, Arizona, community: "The parents felt that they had been shamed or embarrassed by their child," reported Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill.

As a result, the girl was taken into custody by Arizona's child welfare agency.

The prosecutor who charged the four boys called the crime "heartrending" and "deeply disturbing." But to those familiar with Liberia, the west African nation where the families of all of the children are from, the crime and response are both part of a sadly familiar story.

"It's something that happens every day in every community in Liberia," said Tania Bernath, a researcher for the human rights group Amnesty International...After the Phoenix attack, a 23-year-old sister of the victim told a reporter that her sister was "bringing confusion" after the assault was discovered by a neighbor. She said that she wanted the suspects to be released from jail because "we are the same people" and that her sister would be ostracized by others in the Liberian community for being a rape victim.

Werbung:
This was a really sad story, I hope someone steps up to adopt this little girl. She should not go home to her family.

If there is a court hearing, that will be really hard on this child and even harder if she is with people who do not support her emotionally.

One news report said the dad denied wanting her sent away and now wants her back.

Unless the whole story was a lie to start with, I hope they do not send the child back to the family.

How does anyone talk reason to people whose culture is stuck in the middle ages?

My understanding is that this sort of thing is not uncommon in the ME and Africa.

How does anyone talk reason to people whose culture is stuck in the middle ages?

My understanding is that this sort of thing is not uncommon in the ME and Africa.

You don't reason with them, because it's useless, and you don't get to change their culture or even comment on it. It's not politically correct. You do however, get to have them living next door to you and your children, because this country lets any bird with a broken wing in, regardless of any kind of threat to you or the country because they certainly have no loyalty to America.

Coming to a town near you. Anybody from anywhere with any value or lack of it, and you don't get to say anything or you are racist, intolerant, a klan member, retarded, or all of the above.

You don't reason with them, because it's useless, and you don't get to change their culture or even comment on it. It's not politically correct. You do however, get to have them living next door to you and your children, because this country lets any bird with a broken wing in, regardless of any kind of threat to you or the country because they certainly have no loyalty to America.

Coming to a town near you. Anybody from anywhere with any value or lack of it, and you don't get to say anything or you are racist, intolerant, a klan member, retarded, or all of the above.

I agree only white euros should be let in right?

Now who's being racist? Lol. I don't care what someone looks like. I care what their values for human life, and especially women are. If you can give an example of Europeans that treat their own like that, I'd love to know, and then I'll make you happy and bang on them too!

Now who's being racist? Lol. I don't care what someone looks like. I care what their values for human life, and especially women are. If you can give an example of Europeans that treat their own like that, I'd love to know, and then I'll make you happy and bang on them too!

that would be you, unless you care to say who you mean when you say " they just let anyone in" who is this anyone? who do you want in? Why dont you just say it, you want white euro people and thats about it. Dont hide, just come out, enjoy the freedom of not trying to parse your words and just say I dont want no arabs or africans in the US, becuse there race makes them UnAmerican and they are all the same....You know you realy want to say it, just open up and admit it, your a racist. be proud, white power!

Werbung:
The more euros that get spent here, the better.

The current system of anyone who can sneak past the border patrol gets to stay has to change.

first Euros where only good when I went to ireland and they where like 99 cents to to the buck ( Yes! no converting lol) they serve no value to me now so no more of them.

and I would agree yes we need better border control...just unlike some I dont think race and where you are from should effect who gets in, and who is "american"

Back