If Obama pardons Lois Learner. Next President will be a Republican.

steveox

When Gerald Ford pardon Nixon,,Jimmy Carter became president. When Bill Clinton pardon Marc Rich. George W Bush became president.
When George W Bush pardon Scooter Libby,,Obama became president.

Werbung:
Lois Learner hasn't been convicted of anything. I doubt this will even get put before a grand jury, let alone a trial. She knows too much.

When Gerald Ford pardon Nixon,,Jimmy Carter became president. When Bill Clinton pardon Marc Rich. George W Bush became president.
When George W Bush pardon Scooter Libby,,Obama became president.
Well when you put it like that i guess its a tendency gor sure.

you mean Libby? you know actually found guilty, and in a case about National security and leaking a CIA agents name?
The case and conviction were not about national security and the prosecutor knew who did the talking and it was not libby. Nevermind that hubby did that deed with his Whos Who ad. But yes libby was convicted for what he did and was partly pardoned.

What Learner did is up there with Watergate. This is a huge scandal and everyone knows it could bring this Administration down.

you mean Libby? you know actually found guilty, and in a case about National security and leaking a CIA agents name?

It is quite common knowledge now that Richard Armitage, then Deputy Secretary of State, was the one who leaked the name.

Just to recap it all - a special prosecutor was brought in to find out who leaked the name, he indicted and tried (and convicted) Libby for obstruction of justice and perjury, found out Armitage was the leaker, did not try him, and wrapped the whole thing up at that point. Certainly Washington at its finest. :confused:

Presidential Pardons have been going on for years and I don't see them as having an effect on the out come of an election. I do not recall a pardon becoming an issue during an election, do any of you?

Presidential Pardons have been going on for years and I don't see them as having an effect on the out come of an election. I do not recall a pardon becoming an issue during an election, do any of you?

Ford's pardon of Nixon I would argue had a big impact on why Ford lost to Jimmy Carter. Outside of this one - I don't think any others have had any impact.

I don't think Ford lost for that reason. He was finishing off a term and people wanted a change.

Ford came into office with an approval rating over 70%, and after his pardon of Nixon it plummeted into the 30's. Democrats hit him for it, even Ronald Reagan campaigned against it for awhile.

There was all the outrage over the possibility that there was a deal between Ford and Nixon, and Carter ran against the anti-Washington sentiment this created and got himself elected.

Certainly other issues were ongoing, but the pardon ended Ford's "honeymoon" quite quickly and brought back all the Watergate wounds and anti-Washington sentiments.

I don't think it had an impact when compared to being an extension of Nixon. Nixon was elected the first time because he had a secret plan to end the war. Nixon was elected the second time because he had a secret plan to end the war. The settlement was to terms presented years earlier.

Werbung:
It is quite common knowledge now that Richard Armitage, then Deputy Secretary of State, was the one who leaked the name.

Just to recap it all - a special prosecutor was brought in to find out who leaked the name, he indicted and tried (and convicted) Libby for obstruction of justice and perjury, found out Armitage was the leaker, did not try him, and wrapped the whole thing up at that point. Certainly Washington at its finest. :confused:

actuly he was one leak, Novak had more then once source, the other source was believed to be Rove still. Or Dick. But there was nothing to prove who did it, because the prick Novak died and never said.

Back