If You Don't Do It Right The First Time, You Always Have To Do It Over

GBFan

(CNN) -- An audio recording purportedly from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria promises more fighting in more Iraqi cities, including Baghdad.

"Continue your march as the battle is not yet raging," a voice said to be that of ISIS spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani says on the message posted early Thursday (last Wednesday night ET) on the group's media website.

"It will rage in Baghdad and Karbala. So be ready for it."

CNN cannot confirm the authenticity of the audio or time and date of its recording, which is nearly 17 minutes long.

"Don't give up a hand's width of ground you've liberated," the voice says in apparent encouragement of ISIS fighters.

The message, if authentic, is further proof that the militant group are not content with control of the places they have already taken over -- and are setting their sights higher.

Open to U.S. strikes

On Wednesday, Iraq's government indicated a willingness for the United States military to conduct airstrikes against the radical Islamist militants.

Several U.S. officials said Washington views the situation as "extremely urgent" and is looking to see what more support the United States can provide to the Iraqi government, in addition to weapons and vehicles it has already provided.

Part of this will be giving Iraqi officals intelligence they can use to go going after ISIS.

Assistance could also involve training and "kinetic" activity, U.S. officials told CNN, but they wouldn't specify whether those options included airstrikes.

Baghdad's openness to airstrikes was first reported by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday night.

One of the officials said there clearly was a breakdown in Iraqi security, but Washington believes it was a combination of factors, including the fact that Iraqi forces were already stretched thin by limited success against ISIS in Anbar province.

Government forces in the northern cities of Mosul and Tikrit ran when attacked this week, the officials said.

Werbung:
‘Taking a nap’: Obama team accused of underestimating Iraq unrest

This is nothing more than grand standing from the rank and file leftist GOP. Bohener has his head so far up Obama's ass how could he not have seen this coming?

Everything Obama has done has been to protect Al Qaeda and his muslim brothers giving them every opportunity possible to increase their power.

Now the GOP is trying to distance themselves from Obama, by accusing him of being asleep. How could he be asleep on this topic when all of his efforts were to make this happen? Asleep hell, .... more like "successful"!

The only problem is Bohener's constituents are not low/no information sheeple types like democrat constituents and see right through his games.

Grand standing will not help the GOP with the informed American citizen.

One of the big mistakes the American Government did was dismantle the Suni control government and army in Iraq. Now the Sunnis are coming back. Unfortunately it is an extreme group that's taken power.

We're being set-up for another 911 or WWIII with the Islamofacists.

I've yet to be wrong about my predictions with this Administration, if anything, I've underestimated the results of his absolute incompetency.

We're being set-up for another 911 or WWIII with the Islamofacists.

I've yet to be wrong about my predictions with this Administration, if anything, I've underestimated the results of his absolute incompetency.
I do not see it all as incompetency. I believe a lot of it is evil intentions disguised as incompetency.

The USA has already said it would not return troops to Iraq. Strangely our Australian Prime Minister said he would help the USA . I suspect little will be done and the country will be divided up into Sunni, Shite and Kurds area. This was the position before the Western World imposed the borders.

The USA has already said it would not return troops to Iraq. Strangely our Australian Prime Minister said he would help the USA . I suspect little will be done and the country will be divided up into Sunni, Shite and Kurds area. This was the position before the Western World imposed the borders.
Oil is the problem with this. Well more specifically money from selling it. You can talk religion all you like but it alwsys comes down to money.

Oil is the problem with this. Well more specifically money from selling it. You can talk religion all you like but it alwsys comes down to money.

Money and power. There are a lot of fanatics that want a Caliphate and view everyone else as the infidel to either be converted or destroyed. Muslims are a blood thirsty lot.

You can't separate the religion from politics. They are one in the same.

Money and power. There are a lot of fanatics that want a Caliphate and view everyone else as the infidel to either be converted or destroyed. Muslims are a blood thirsty lot.

You can't separate the religion from politics. They are one in the same.
The religion provides the willing populace, they are well trained to be subserviant. The "religion" demands to be t he government (a brilliant bit by the archetevt) but its all about the power/money.
the religion is all for show.

The US wanted out, Iraq wanted us out..none of you where saying shit about this a week before...because none of you cared..now you pretend you care. Like a bunch of dead Muslims mean jack to you people.

Great point. We did want out and Iraq wanted us out. We all accepted that. Now things are different and it's a political weapon. Disingenuous.

Werbung:
Great point. We did want out and Iraq wanted us out. We all accepted that. Now things are different and it's a political weapon. Disingenuous.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten reality - the strong objections from the Pentagon and several members of Congress - both Iraq and US negotiators expected the SOFA agreement to be completed. In fact, a tentative agreement was reached, but the Obama regime pulled the rug out from under the negotiations.

Yes --- you can look it up.

Back