Illegal alien students vanish from Alabama schools

Little-Acorn

Just as the sunrise follows the sunset... announce that you're actually going to start enforcing the law, and people who have been breaking it suddenly become a lot scarcer.

As I said in the title, I doubt that Hispanic students (all of them) are vanishing from the schools. Only the ones who are violating U.S. immigration laws. Whether at the behest of their parents or otherwise.

I've often wondered: How did the parents of thse kids they brought across the border at such young ages, intend to educate their own kids, knowing it was illegal for them to be in the U.S. and so they might be caught and deported? What were those parents' plans for their kids in such an event?

And why is it suddenly the **U.S. Government's** fault that the kids aren't getting the education they need? Isn't that the parents' fault in the first place?

Next, Alabama (among other states, like ALL of them) needs to announce that it will do periodic checks of people who have jobs in the state, checking on their immigration status. Or that they will do regular E-verify checks, or etc.

Abuse the U.S. laws enough, and it's only a matter of time before the U.S. (or in this case, at least one state) starts crackinng down.

And sure enough, the results are predictable.

I especially loved the last line quoted, from the school supervisor trying to talk the illegal alien kids into coming back (highlighted below). Hilarious! I'm sure his audience will believe him! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/hispanic-students-vanish-alabama-schools-184555038.html

Hispanic students vanish from Alabama schools
By JAY REEVES - Associated Press | AP – 18 hrs ago...

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) — Hispanic students have started vanishing from Alabama public schools in the wake of a court ruling that upheld the state's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration.

Education officials say scores of immigrant families have withdrawn their children from classes or kept them home this week, afraid that sending the kids to school would draw attention from authorities.

There are no precise statewide numbers. But several districts with large immigrant enrollments — from small towns to large urban districts — reported a sudden exodus of children of Hispanic parents, some of whom told officials they planned to leave the state to avoid trouble with the law, which requires schools to check students' immigration status.

The anxiety has become so intense that the superintendent in one of the state's largest cities, Huntsville, went on a Spanish-language television show Thursday to try to calm widespread worries.

"In the case of this law, our students do not have anything to fear," Casey Wardynski said in halting Spanish. He urged families to send students to class and explained that the state is only trying to compile statistics.

(full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
see how easy it is to rid yourself of illegal aliens ? no fences required.

Yep, well. . . some people are not too happy about that "disapearing act!"

With the students, a lot of farm workers have vanished. . .leaving the farmers with rotting crops in their fields!

Wonder what vegetables will cost next month! ;)

Yep, well. . . some people are not too happy about that "disapearing act!"

With the students, a lot of farm workers have vanished. . .leaving the farmers with rotting crops in their fields!

Wonder what vegetables will cost next month! ;)

Its understandable the schools are unhappy as declining numbers = less money. There will be an adjustment in the ag business but if it means that the rule of law is being restored then so be it.

Its understandable the schools are unhappy as declining numbers = less money. There will be an adjustment in the ag business but if it means that the rule of law is being restored then so be it.

Yes, the farmers may have to turn on the State to get subsidies, since they are obviously suffering hardship from the decision made by the State.

Cute!

Yes, the farmers may have to turn on the State to get subsidies, since they are obviously suffering hardship from the decision made by the State.

Cute!

and they had been living on ill gotten gains up til that point. there is the easy way and the right way. each have consequences.

and they had been living on ill gotten gains up til that point. there is the easy way and the right way. each have consequences.

So, the Wall Street Moguls who make millions of other people's money and lifelihood are "hard workers" and deserve every wealth they get. . .

But the family farmer who used available labor to pick his crops is evil, for sending food to the market at a reasonable price so we can all (including the poor) eat some fresh food?

Wow, I can't believe that, in your book, everything depends on wealth and made for the wealthy laws!

So, the Wall Street Moguls who make millions of other people's money and lifelihood are "hard workers" and deserve every wealth they get. . .

if they operate within the law, yes.

But the family farmer who used available labor to pick his crops is evil, for sending food to the market at a reasonable price so we can all (including the poor) eat some fresh food?

no, he used illegal labor and knew it. and, as most libs would otherwise point out, legal labor was available at an increased cost.

Wow, I can't believe that, in your book, everything depends on wealth and made for the wealthy laws!

no, in my book if a thing is not right, its wrong. you claim to be for what is right, this should be quite understandable to you.

do I agree with every law ? nope but I'm free to work at changing them or I can acquiesce.

BTW, this whole four-alarm fire seems to have come from a line in the HNew York Times, who reported the number of Hispanic students missing from school in Alabama on one day recently.

opinionjournal.com said:
The Sounds of Silence

Here's an education success story: The New York Times reports that the state of Alabama has achieved a 95% statewide attendance rate for Hispanic students. Only that's not how the Times reports that stat:

Statewide, 1,988 Hispanic students were absent on Friday, about 5 percent of the entire Hispanic population of the school system.

This is supposed to be evidence that the state's new immigration-enforcement is too draconian.

If a class with 20 students, has one kid out sick, that's a 95% attendance rate. 5% are absent.

How many classrooms normally have *zero* kids absent on any given day? Some do, but having one kid absent is nothing unusual. And sometimes... especially at the onset of Autumn as the weather cools off... having more than one kid home sick, is the norm.

So, the whole story seems to have been generated from a statistic showing that attendance at these classrooms was not significantly different from normal!

if they operate within the law, yes.

no, he used illegal labor and knew it. and, as most libs would otherwise point out, legal labor was available at an increased cost.

no, in my book if a thing is not right, its wrong. you claim to be for what is right, this should be quite understandable to you.

do I agree with every law ? nope but I'm free to work at changing them or I can acquiesce.

Well. . .it's easy to operate within the law. . .as long as any attempt to regulate them is rejected by the GOP!

Now, if proper regulations were put on Wall Street and the bank, it would be obvious that they don't "operate within the law!" It is obvious that the law was "missing in action" when hedge funds, and sub prime mortgated sold as "prime" investments took this country's economy (and the European banks) tho their knees!

It's just so easy to "operate within the law" when the elite makes their own law, and BUY our government!

Well. . .it's easy to operate within the law. . .as long as any attempt to regulate them is rejected by the GOP!

Now, if proper regulations were put on Wall Street and the bank, it would be obvious that they don't "operate within the law!" It is obvious that the law was "missing in action" when hedge funds, and sub prime mortgated sold as "prime" investments took this country's economy (and the European banks) tho their knees!

It's just so easy to "operate within the law" when the elite makes their own law, and BUY our government!

Frank Raines knew he was buying bad paper when he did it in direct violation of Fannie's existing rules. Its not a lack of regulation its a lack of adherance. Oh and it doesn't help when lefty house members (Barney Frank) reject additional oversight on Fannie when other irregularities appear. Dodd-Frank does nothing to fix what was awry with the recent shenanigans, spare me this drivel.

Frank Raines knew he was buying bad paper when he did it in direct violation of Fannie's existing rules. Its not a lack of regulation its a lack of adherance. Oh and it doesn't help when lefty house members (Barney Frank) reject additional oversight on Fannie when other irregularities appear. Dodd-Frank does nothing to fix what was awry with the recent shenanigans, spare me this drivel.

Oh. . .obviously it is the fault of dems, again!

But. . .who is fighting to get rid of the new regulations (still insufficient, but at least a progress since the deregulations of the Bush era) pushed by Obama?

Who is fighting Elizabeth Warren's candidacy to anything, because she is not "pro-business" enough. . .and she is pushing regulations to protect the "little man?"

Your partisanship bad faith is laughable!

Oh. . .obviously it is the fault of dems, again!

But. . .who is fighting to get rid of the new regulations (still insufficient, but at least a progress since the deregulations of the Bush era) pushed by Obama?

insufficient ? no, incapable and only hurts the customers (note BoA debit card fees). And we have regulation aplenty which escapes application.

Who is fighting Elizabeth Warren's candidacy to anything, because she is not "pro-business" enough. . .and she is pushing regulations to protect the "little man?"

Your partisanship bad faith is laughable!

her help will only cost the little man and everyone knows it.

your mindless refusal to examine anything is sad.

Werbung:
Back