'Immigration'. Is this a problem for Democrats?

Mr. Pragmatic

I'm not sure this is a Winning issue for Democrats. As a Recession is being predicted and people begin losing Jobs, importing more people into the workforce doesn't seem like a real Vote-Getter.

Werbung:
Weapon manufacturers are busy for years coming - ammunition, howitzers, drones, planes...
Domestic consumption is growing, too.
Is 'domestic consumption' in Europe going to be interrupted by higher Natural Gas prices? Are Ukrainians 'buying' Weapons, or is Europe 'giving' Ukraine Weapons at the Tax Payer expense? The same thing is happening in the US.

I thought your talking point was jobs, not taxes.
Well, my actual 'talking point' was about the Democrats and their perceived 'Open Borders' at the Mexican Border with the US. The Southwest is experiencing a Drought, and I'm not sure if adding a million more people to the area will help make the lack of water become less of a problem. Along with this is also the 'Jobs' component. The Democrats at one time were the Party of the 'Working Class'. With 'Immigration' come 'Cheap Labor'. NOT a friend to working people that hope to get more money.
You brought up 'domestic consumption', so I tried to give it a 'European' perspective. (I'm under the impression you are in Europe)

"Scientists reported earlier this year that the West's current megadrought is the worst in at least 1,200 years. Southern Californians are already seeing unprecedented water restrictions ahead of the summer."

"As water runs short in California, commission rejects $1.4 billion desalination plant"

Does 'Immigration', adding more people, into an area that doesn't have enough Drinking Water nor enough Irrigation Water, make sense to anybody?

I'm not sure this is a Winning issue for Democrats. As a Recession is being predicted and people begin losing Jobs, importing more people into the workforce doesn't seem like a real Vote-Getter.

Seeing-as-how we're such big fans of BOOM-And-BUST....we ALWAYS need a work-force on Stand-By!!!!

Well, my actual 'talking point' was about the Democrats and their perceived 'Open Borders' at the Mexican Border with the US.

Unemployment is on an all-time low in the US?

Walter we have the lowest amount of people percentage wise in the job then we have in years .Also unemployment among blacks is still high . perhaps if your nation had between 12 and 20 million illegals invade your nation then you might understand. resources are limited you know . and illegals commit crimes use resources.

Hardly . soon you will see a recession possible depression . almost 60 million on welfare now.

You must must be like joe and think 6.00 a gallon gas rising inflation shortages. Lowest percentage of People in the work force in decades Illegals flowing in by the hundreds of thousands a month along with terrorist. supply chain issue huge tax increase and a budget over 2 trillion more then we take in along with high food prices increased crime are good for people. I bet the poor just love it.
Yep your right its what democrats do

Last edited:
Werbung:

Hardly . soon you will see a recession possible depression .

We don't believe in psychics, either.....
Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." —Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)
"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit."
—Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up."
—Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower."
—Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction."
—Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)
1653601866956.png
"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Back