In age of Trump, evangelicals back self-styled top U.S. pimp

PLC1

Staff member
In age of Trump, evangelicals back self-styled top U.S. pimp

PAHRUMP, Nev. (Reuters) - He styles himself as America’s best-known pimp, a strip-club owner who runs multiple brothels and looks set to win a seat as a Republican in the Nevada legislature with the blessing of many conservative Christian voters.

In Hof’s Republican-leaning district, seven evangelicals said they voted for him because they believed that he, who like Trump is a wealthy businessman and political outsider, would also clean up politics and not be beholden to special-interest groups and their money.

“It’s more important for evangelical voters that Trump is fighting for an idealized, white Christian, conservative America,” said Dan Cox, research director at the Public Religion Research Institute, a nonpartisan organization that researches the intersection of religion, culture and public policy. “Tribal values now supersede personal morality as an animating force.”

Does personal morality matter at all to the white evangelical community?

Werbung:
That was something which astonished me from the beginning. I was raised in a catholic family, it would have been impossible for my parents to vote for Trump because of his immoral behaviour - regardless if they were in favour for his political views/plans.

That was something which astonished me from the beginning. I was raised in a catholic family, it would have been impossible for my parents to vote for Trump because of his immoral behaviour - regardless if they were in favour for his political views/plans.
Goes to show how bad the alternatives are here. But to be fair, back in my parents day stories of seedy behavior were not reported.

Goes to show how bad the alternatives are here. But to be fair, back in my parents day stories of seedy behavior were not reported.
Oh, I'm pretty sure that if a pimp ran for office, that fact would have been reported. Remember when Reagan having been married and divorced was an issue? I think he was the first one, wasn't he? What would they have thought of Trump forty or fifty years ago?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that if a pimp ran for office, that fact would have been reported. Remember when Reagan having been married and divorced was an issue? I think he was the first one, wasn't he? What would they have thought of Trump forty or fifty years ago?
What would they have thought about lbj if they knew about his antics ? Or Ben Franklin f look r that matter.

What would they have thought about lbj if they knew about his antics ? Or Ben Franklin f look r that matter.
I'm sure it would have been an issue had it been well known. Lady Bird made sure that it wasn't. We could have had a President Goldwater, and perhaps not have gotten involved in Vietnam, but that's just wild speculation.

I'm sure it would have been an issue had it been well known. Lady Bird made sure that it wasn't. We could have had a President Goldwater, and perhaps not have gotten involved in Vietnam, but that's just wild speculation.
Two term of JFK.....

Werbung:
Back