In search of like minds wanting a strong 3rd party

3rd party creator

I watch the 2 party system we have and they are really 1 in the same. It is the brother and friend getting the office apointments and no real change for the better for the common man. The personal financial adgenda's of our politician's seem to be the motivitational factor for their policy's. Closed sessions and a 700 Billion dollar extortion package gets passed. I want to start a 3rd party that truly acts in the nations best interest that has oversight at a ground level and that has a adgenda split by political commounities that make sense for the people it represents. It makes no sense to have vouchers for school in a county where the average income for a household is 250k and they want to get their child into a private school to groom themfor ivy league. and on the flip side makes no sense to have to pass laws in a poor area where the taxes are spent on high end community projects. We have some flaws in the political bondaries of out political mapping .With a beautifull philosophy to work with that is our Constitution Of The United States Of America. I dont believe that the laws in it are meant to be worked around for the self benefit of a group endowed with money and top notch lawyers I believe it was a basic moral map to help guide our nation.

Werbung:
Hear, hear. You ain't the only one, buddy. My first eligible election was in 1980, and I then campaigned for the Citizen's Party, then an upstart newly forming party headed at the time by Barry Commoner, a biologist/ecologist/professor and environmentalist.
Ever since then I have voted third party/independent tickets, including this past election. I'm a moderate, independent voter who is not a joiner, and I call things like I see them. What I have seen these last 8 years is like chewing glass. I've written about 105 "essays" for my local paper (letters to the editor), mostly anti-corporatocracy pro-environment screeds.
I basae my socio-political ethic in the Constitution, a pact that was carefully crafted to ensure our liberties and freedoms abd rights. I'm glad that thing is set in concrete, even though some say it was written by a bunch of white men in powdered wigs, who had to compromise down to build s a consensus; a framework structure with which we can construct our society. Those words are not just on a GD piece of paper, like our dear leader reportedly called it. )at least our dear leader until noon tomorrow). I won't go into that 106 piece dissertation here, you can just google spinzoblogrant (I'm ucl) to read thast stuff. Anyway, my writings have been vindicated with the help of a majority of our electorate, and I feel the collective sigh of relief of a people who have been 'shock and awed' these last 8 years.
Welcome from one newbie to another.
PEACE
//00\\

Firstly, welcome to both the new guys here and making posts. While I dont disagree with the need for more viable choices in our current and long standing system. I think the answer is the NO party solution. If we take the parties out of the equation altogether, elminate the corruption that goes on at the highest level of the parties(whose seats are often held by those not in public office and therefore not applicable to campaign laws) and we turn membership of one party or another down to the level of being a Rotarian, Lion, or various unions, things would be different.
There is no good reason whatsoever to have an R,D,G or I next to a name on the ballot.

Political parties are not called for in any of the founding documents, such as the Dec. Of Independance, Constitution etc. As a matter of fact, Washington warned against parties in his farewell address way back before party politics ruled the day.

So in conclusion, coming from me, the answer is not more parties, the answer is no parties.

Right you are BUNZ

I was just thinking about that point in the last few days, and then you posted it. My mental exercise tried to envision a nation of no parties. Vote for the best man for the job. Then I had to consider that unless free will was constricted, it is human nature to group with like minds, then add to that the natural consequence of the power structures, and that numbers de facto equals power, and what I realized was that there was really no way to prevent the natural evolution of parties without violating at least some tenets of the Constitution, or at least the Spirit therein. I may be a radical centrist, an iconoclastic maverick, but I do acknowledge that this is the system we work in. Some may say that I am 'throwing away' my vote by voting for independent and third party candidates, but I contend that I am only working in my way to send a message and actually live in the Spirit of our Constitution.
The Chinese have an interesting saying, translated
'May you live in interesting times'.
Amen to that.
//00\\

I agree with Bunz on the no party system. I read a book called "you can't be president" by John Mcarthur that's fantastic. It's a good read.Check it out. Simply google it.

Hi Mike,
If I can chime in with a few things here, Firstly, the constitution makes zero mention of parties, while I agree that often times those who are like minded flock together, this does not have to mean the respective parties have as much control as they do.

Our current party system does several things, collectively the big two are able to band together to ensure that another party never becomes viable on a large scale.

It has far to much control over fund raising, and who gets nominated to be on the ballot.

It conflicts individual candidates, meaning that they are often pidgeon holed into the party line at times against thier own beliefs, against the best interest or wishes of thier consitituents all to maintain the party line, because pissing off the party will ensure a very tough election the next time around.

As I said before, I dont think being a member of the Democrat or Republican or Green or Who Cares party should have any more importance than being a member of the lions club, or treasurer of the PTA.

Werbung:
Bunz---I agree....totally....You are preaching to the choir. I've written on the subject for years (or rather, opinionized). I've called myself an epistolic and sylleptic syllogist.
In my thought exercise, I considered if there were ways to prevent the formation of parties, and kept butting heads with freedom issues, freedom of assembly for starters.
Yes, the concept of parties was never so much as mentioned in the Constitution. I make that point at every opportunity. Yes, George Washington warned us against the 'spirit of party'....I've written that into dozens of of my pieces, from blogs to published pieces.
I am repulsed that the parties have the power to exclude voices from debates, and they have powerful assistance from the corporate media, more than 95% of which is owned by 5 companies. This has become a closed system. Follow the money up far enough and we would see that the strings of both parties are pulled by the same big money interests. What we have now is a system of legalized bribery, where our 'leaders' spend more of their efforts fundraising than they do governing. Our revolving door system has extreme examples like when Billy Tauzin (R-LA) authored Bush's Medicare bill, the one that disallowed the govt from negotiating bulk prices in drug purchases. That is not only counter-intuitive, it is insane and makes no sense....until you factor in that Tauzin immediately upon leaving office went to work heading the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America, for over a cool million per year. The system is borderline criminal, and until we get the money out of the electoral process, and reform the revolving door system, nothing will change.
I'm off topic already, but it is all related.
I wish parties never evolved in our system, but it looks like a perfectly natural and predictable outcome. Where there are human beings, there will be power struggles. Parties are all about power and control. It is truly a regrettable development, but we go into elections with the system we have, not the system we wish to have at some time in the future. I've always felt claustrophobic in this system, but no more than these last 8 years, where I felt like I was absolutely drowning. Thank dog that feeling has lifted somewhat, but we still have the two party system, and I find that antithetic to much if anything good happening, until and unless we get someone in there that can change things for the better.
I'm not holding my breath.

Back