Iran warnes US to not return carrier to Persian Gulf

dogtowner

Staff member
read

scary sabre rattling

Iran will take action if a U.S. aircraft carrier which left the area because of Iranian naval exercises returns to the Gulf, the state news agency quoted army chief Ataollah Salehi as saying on Tuesday.

"Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill. I recommend and emphasize to the American carrier not to return to the Persian Gulf," Salehi told IRNA.

"I advise, recommend and warn them (the Americans) over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Salehi as saying.

Salehi did not name the aircraft carrier or give details of the action Iran might take if it returned. However, last week a spokeswoman for the U.S. 5th Fleet said the USS John C. Stennis had left the Gulf.
Iran completed 10 days of naval exercises in the Gulf on Monday, and said during the drills that if foreign powers imposed sanctions on its crude exports it could shut the Strait of Hormuz, through which 40 percent of the world's traded oil is shipped.
The U.S. Fifth Fleet, which is based in Bahrain, said it would not allow shipping to be disrupted in the strait.

or what ?

11759689.jpg

Werbung:
dogtowner, et al,

Yes it is.

scary sabre rattling​
or what ?​
(COMMENT)

Iran may have a bathtub Navy, but the US has to be careful not to underestimate the hardship it might be able to inflict. While it is generally assumed that in a face-off, the US 5th Fleet would crush the Iranian Navy, it was just this same kind of logic the Philistines had when Goliath was struck down.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EXCERPT: By OilPrice.com Team - OilPrice.com
Iran has earlier warned that if either the U.S. or Israel attack, it will target 32 American bases in the Middle East and close the Strait of Hormuz. On 28 December Iranian Navy commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari observed, "Closing the Strait of Hormuz for the armed forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran is very easy. It is a capability that has been built from the outset into our naval forces' abilities."
SOURCE: FX STREET.COM Wed, Jan 4 2012, 10:16 GMT: War Imminent in Straits of Hormuz? $200 a Barrel Oil?
We will need to be on guard. This could open a second front in the War on Terrorism; using asymmetric means to retaliate against an outside military hegemony (America). Even when the US obliterates the ability of Iran to project a challenge in convention fashion, it could be a catalyst for the underground Islamic World to adopt the plight of Iran --- in sympathy.

Most Respectfully,
R

dogtowner, et al,

Yes it is.

(COMMENT)

Iran may have a bathtub Navy, but the US has to be careful not to underestimate the hardship it might be able to inflict. While it is generally assumed that in a face-off, the US 5th Fleet would crush the Iranian Navy, it was just this same kind of logic the Philistines had when Goliath was struck down.

We will need to be on guard. This could open a second front in the War on Terrorism; using asymmetric means to retaliate against an outside military hegemony (America). Even when the US obliterates the ability of Iran to project a challenge in convention fashion, it could be a catalyst for the underground Islamic World to adopt the plight of Iran --- in sympathy.

Most Respectfully,
R

well I think the ship already sailed on the muslim world turning more militant some time ago. what may be worse for them is an embarrassing smackdown given the already high discontent of them diverting all their GDP into their war machine. there is a tipping point thought I don't know where it is. but if they lose large volumes of military hardware then their ability to put down an insurrection is dimished.

Bombing Iran is an idiotic idea that I don't think will get much traction outside small circles.

I have to think Iran learned from Hussein's folly in Kuwait enough to not invite actual action. Iraq's military was far stronger and collapsed like a cheap tent. most chihuahias have a pretty fair sense of just how close they can get in taunting the great dane and still scurry back under the chair to avoid untenable confrontation.

Now I can see it may be necessary to thwart their nuclear ambitions.

I have to think Iran learned from Hussein's folly in Kuwait enough to not invite actual action. Iraq's military was far stronger and collapsed like a cheap tent. most chihuahias have a pretty fair sense of just how close they can get in taunting the great dane and still scurry back under the chair to avoid untenable confrontation.

Now I can see it may be necessary to thwart their nuclear ambitions.

One what planet was Iraq stronger then Iran? Iran has a army that would actually fight...and its a army that is spread across the Middle east...While in the Gulf war Saddam had to try to lob Scuds at Israel...Iran just has to spread word to attack...and Bamn the war spreads...It has terror networks ready to take out Saudi oil Systems as well as as being able to shut down the strait...at least for a amount of time...and after that make it very dangerous to try to send slow moving Oil threw. we don't know where all the nuclear sites are. And its not as easy as you seem to think to actually attack them. The Range needed to fly...with the size of the bombs needed to hit deep= Israel would have very hard time sending flights to do it without putting all of its refueling planes in the air...where they could be targeted. Iran can also attack Iraq and spread civil war there easy and gain parts of its army as well even who don't want to work with the Sunni.

Its people like you who said Iraq was going to easy, fast, and paid for....You think Iran learned from Iraq...But I think its you he learned nothing. Iran is 10 times the power that iraq was just in terms of its training, organization, and dedication. Its been fighting for 30 plus years...and winning.

Werbung:
Remember IRAN vs IRAQ war? Saddam almost had them,,He used chemical mustard gas on Iranians. Iran is simply bluffing they got missles to take out our navy. But have they forgoten we still have the stealth bomber cant be picked up on radar? We can bomb them bad and they wouldnt know what hit them.

Back