Is Communism dying in China?

steveox

China hints at reform by dropping Mao wording

BEIJING (Reuters) - The subtle dropping of references to late Chinese leader Mao Zedong from two policy statements over the last few weeks serves as one of the most intriguing hints yet that the ruling Communist Party is planning to move in the direction of reform.

Mao has always been held up as an ideological great in party communiqués, his name mentioned almost by default in homage to his role in founding modern China and leading the Communist Party, whose rule from the 1949 revolution remains unbroken.

Which is why the dropping of the words "Mao Zedong thought" from two recent statements by the party's elite Politburo ahead of a landmark congress, at which a new generation of leaders will take the top party posts, has attracted so much attention.

http://news.yahoo.com/china-hints-reform-dropping-maos-legacy-085508233.html

This isnt exactly how the Soviet Union died. You see Gorby started the freedom and democracy idea in Russia. And then Solidary was next in Poland. And then berlin wall fell and that was the death of ther USSR. Hu Jintao isnt exactly like Gorby..Hes a businessman idea. But hes not for freedom of speech. Thats still not allowed in China. But free enterprise idea is now allowed in China. You can try to get wealthy in China but you cant call Hu Jintao an Asshole like we can call Obama an asshole here.

Werbung:
Over time any political system dies a little. China is not as communist as it was in 1949 or even 1975 when I first visited, Then Mao Tse Tung was still alive. The new leaders have renounced some aspect of Mao's rule like the Cultural Revolution.

The economy is now semi Capitalist although they have many government own businesses. Also the Middle Class has grown as 20 Million have been rescue from poverty. These Middle class people now visit Western Countries and learn from them, I doubt whether the new President will move away from Communism like Russia, but there will be changes in both the economic and political system

Free enterprise in China is a sham and those newly-emerged Chinese entrepreneurs are ideologically Communist because only those who are the formal members of the Communist Party of China are allowed to run state-run enterprises through favouritism and the Communists are the real elites in Chinese society and all Chinese students have to go through Communist indoctrination in school and Communism will never die in China as long as the CPC maintains one-party rule.

Auz, you must wear the rosiest colored glasses they make. Workers in Chinese factories are housed in dorms and worked like lab rats. They have no freedom. They had to put up nets on the outside staircases of the factories to keep the people from jumping and killing themselves.

Not to mention what the people are exposed to because of the polution caused by their factories.

http://thuvienbao.com/forum/showthr...em-hai-hung-tai-Trung-Cong-Pollution-in-China-

China is a very ancient culture.

They are currently trying to--partly by design--partly by happenstance--to create a new form of government that will accommodate the situation they find themselves in with over 1,300,000,000 people. So is India.

Asia--is changing all over the place. I am not sure there is any driver at the wheel.

People who worry about "global warming" and CO2 ought to move over there and get excited. Fixing pollution here is peanuts--those smokestacks over there dwarf North America many times over.

Europe is around only for croissants and well-built horribly expensive cars for the Landed Gentry.
California makes better wine. Period.

I disgree. Italy makes better wine

I guess people will always have favorites.
I never was much of a wine drinker.
But--those who claim to know often told me this.

My grandfather was born in Popoli, Italy, I should agree with you--just don't have the skills. :censored:

Taste this wine
Villa+Sandi+Prosecco.jpg

You can tell the best wine when the writing on the can is in french

wine-in-a-can.jpg

I obviously know nothing about wine. Never did anything for me.

I have known those who "abused" alcohol. Cans would have been "high-end" to them.
Some were partial to wine that came in a corrugated cardboard box with a plastic carboy inside--with a handy spout.

I always thought wine-tasting etc. was a bit of an exercise in "window-dressing".
Been on a few Napa Valley trips. Stayed at Silverado a few times.
I liked burgundy the best.
That brought gasps from those who claimed to know. o_O

Werbung:
Back