Is Obama an Islamic apostate?

SW85

The evidence seems to point to the fact that Obama, in his childhood, was what Daniel Pipes called "an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque." (Pipes documents his claim extensively here).

Let's begin with that undeniable logical precept and reason foreward from there:

(1) It is not necessary that Obama actually believed in Islam or practiced it with any degree of frequency or fervor to qualify him as having once been a Muslim. (I'm not holding this against him personally. He was a child following the example of his father and the bulk of his countrymen at the time).

(2) Under Koranic tradition, the question of apostasy (punishable by death if it occurs in adulthood) is concerned almost solely with when the apostasy took place -- which, in Obama's case, was clearly in adulthood, when he was accepted into the Trinity Church.

(3) His conversion to Christianity therefore constitutes apostasy in Islamic law, for which he can reasonably be subject to death penalty.

(4) Islamic courts have routinely subject foreigners over whom they have no jurisdiction to the death penalty (Salman Rushdie or Ayaan Hirsi Ali, for instance).

This is all very intriguing considering one of Obama's claims to the Presidency is that he would improve American relations with the Islamic world.

I freely concede my understanding of Koranic tradition may be flawed on any of these points (namely what constitutes a Muslim for purposes of counting as an apostate from Islam). Please correct me where needed.

Werbung:
Interesting points SW85...However,

Muslim countries are overwhelmingly supporting Obama for president, is that a double standard or what do you think the reason for this is?

I'm not actually sure this is true. But I'll look into it and think about it.

There is a passage in the Koran about how its ok to lie to non-Muslims about anything during times of war. Some might be banking on Obama actually being a closet Muslim who had to put on the Christian act to get elected.... Which of course is ridiculous since we have Keith Ellison in Congress and we swore him in on the Koran.

Another possibility... McCain is white and a military hawk. As pocket's misguided post points out, he may as well be a Jew as far as Fundamentalist Muslim Nations are concerned.

Jeugenen, or whatever his name is, will be in here spamming about McCains zionist policies soon enough to prove my point.

There is a passage in the Koran about how its ok to lie to non-Muslims about anything during times of war. Some might be banking on Obama actually being a closet Muslim who had to put on the Christian act to get elected.... Which of course is ridiculous since we have Keith Ellison in Congress and we swore him in on the Koran.

Another possibility... McCain is white and a military hawk. As pocket's misguided post points out, he may as well be a Jew as far as Fundamentalist Muslim Nations are concerned.

Jeugenen, or whatever his name is, will be in here spamming about McCains zionist policies soon enough to prove my point.

one thing about the Koran that most people forget ( well non Muslims) is that it was written is things happened, and what was said early, to help the Muslims was at times later retracted by Allah. Also Believe the book is not organized by chronological events, making it hard for someone to figure it out without study.

sorry reflex, so use to the Worthless attacks these days :)

Understandable I suppose.

The taqqiya (I think it's spelled right). As I understand it this is mostly just a dispensation to lie about being a Muslim in order to avoid persecution.

Nonetheless I don't think Obama is a Muslim today, or was even one by conviction in his childhood. I suspect he's probably an atheist like his mother (the dominant influence in his life), or at best an agnostic who never thinks about it.

Werbung:
Understandable I suppose.

The taqqiya (I think it's spelled right). As I understand it this is mostly just a dispensation to lie about being a Muslim in order to avoid persecution.

Nonetheless I don't think Obama is a Muslim today, or was even one by conviction in his childhood. I suspect he's probably an atheist like his mother (the dominant influence in his life), or at best an agnostic who never thinks about it.

I guess since he says Christian goes to Christian Church's...I got with he is Christian. I wish he was Agnostic or Atheist, would be nice to see my own faith get someone elected, but at like 4-5% max of the population, not likey.

Back