Is YOUR TV spying on you?

The Scotsman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-pay-2-2m-tracking-selling-smart-TV-data.html
Smart TVs are television sets that link to the internet, allowing viewers to browse the web or watch programmes on demand
Many are voice activated allowing users to change channels without the remote control
The TVs do this by constantly listening to the discussions around them and 'filtering' for simple key words, such as 'turn on'
When they hear these predefined commands, they carry out the instructions
To give a more complex command – such as a request to recommend a good programme – users must hold down a button as they speak
Most smart TVs then record the user's speech, and send it via the internet to a powerful computer, which processes it and sends a response back to the TV set
This has to be done remotely because it takes far more computing power than there is in an affordable home TV
More than half of TVs sold are now 'smart' models

Internet-connected TVs sold by California-based Vizio contained Automated Content Recognition software (ACR), a complaint filed on Monday by the US Federal Trade Commission claims. Without the consent of TV users the ACR software tracked second-by-second viewing information of what was playing on the screen. It not only spied on satellite TV viewing data but also noted viewers' DVD and Netflix habits.
Big brother is listening.....

Werbung:
Yes, he is.
Ever buy online? Notice what advertisements you get afterward?
We're being watched, but not by government (yet!), instead by retailers intent on selling us something.
Nah. Gov't was watching too. Only question is whether they are selling it or not.
Or giving it away.
Is it a concidence NSA got a massive up size the last few years ? With eyes turned inward ?

Nah. Gov't was watching too. Only question is whether they are selling it or not.
Or giving it away.
Is it a concidence NSA got a massive up size the last few years ? With eyes turned inward ?
I don't know.

Was it due to data gathered via "smart" TV or the internet? Wouldn't surprise me too much.

This problem is way more than just smart tv's. Since 1995 all cars sold in the US have OBD2 computers. The ability of these to spy on you are frightening. A friend has a VW with a Progressive Insurance snapshot device plugged into her computer. Every month she gets a report on her driving.
The first month they flagged her for turning without signalling too often. She also commits the cardinal crime of starting the engine before she is buckled up. And a beeper goes off if she brakes too hard (too hard in their opinion that is).
This device logs your speed and flags you when you need an oil change.
If you have a device like this in your car I suggest you get new insurance. Progressive is owned by big libs who love PC.

Werbung:
Smart TVs are a big part of how they spy on people...... That Alexia crap is another!!

It amazes me how many people DO NOT CARE!!!

Back