Islam = promotion of violence?

Dr.Who

Is violence an inevitable result of the muslim worldview? Won't every muslim community produce some individuals and groups who resort to violence? Aren't these people's actions consistent with the religion as a whole?

If you think so let us know.

If you think that islam is a religion of peace and violent muslims are a product of something else or that they are not following their religion when they commit violence let us know that too.

Werbung:
there is no question that their doctrine includes it so one van stress that or not but it remains. the nature of how the religion inhibits a flourishing society combined with a lack of natural resources makes thier people desperate for any sort of improvement. when that happens its a short trip to lashing out.

and their leadetship knows this and exploit it freely.

sucks but thats the wsy it is.

9/26/11 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/… Almost 20% of American Muslims [about 600,000] refuse to say that terrorism against civilians is never justified in defending Islam.

Pew Research (2011): 1 in 10 native-born Muslim-Americans have a favorable view of al-Qaeda.
http://people-press.org/2011/08/30/musli…

al-Jazeera (2006): 49.9% of Muslims polled support Osama bin Laden
http://terrorism.about.com/b/2006/09/11/…
MacDonald Laurier Institute: 35% of Canadian Muslims would not repudiate al-Qaeda
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/01/str…

Populus Survey: 18% of British Muslims would be proud or indifferent if a family member joined al-Qaeda.
http://www.populuslimited.com/poll_summa…
ICM Poll: 13% of Muslim in Britain support al-Qaeda attacks on America.
http://www.icmresearch.co.uk/reviews/200…

I'm also sure that in the Islamic countries the numbers will be much higher.

There are 1.57 billion muslims in the world.

This is the Answer that will quiet them down
nuclear-explosion-gif-2pzrn8.gif

Here it is eleven years later, the same Americans that were naïve back then are naive now, while again calling me naive for being cautious. They've never read the Koran. They've never learned anything about Islam's past or present beyond what some tv commentator told them. They don't know about the decades of Islamic butchery and conquest that necessitated the crusades. They don't know about the Arab slave trade, which was mostly a sex slave trade, that was justified using the Koran, which made American slavery look like a trip to six flags. They don't even know about the message of Muhammad that there is only one god, and that idolatry is wrong, and that we are supposed to treat each other well. They really know nothing of Islam except that they're being told that Muslims are being terrorized by white people, and that, understandably, makes them mad.

I read the Sharia Project website before it got scrubbed. It was friggin' scary. I have looked at Koranic and hadith scripture to see for myself whether it talks of peace or of terror. (The answer is that it commands both.) I am actively educating myself so that I can reach an understanding that works for me. At this point, that means that I am cautious because some of the things that I have found are quite disturbing, and I can't deny that. I have also found hope in the good things commanded by the Koran, and I do understand that, like with the Bible, there are things in there that were meant for that moment only and cannot be applied to modern day, and if they are, like is being done by terrorists, bad things happen. I am cautious about some specific Muslim individuals because I am not naive, and have actually done my homework. Whether or not Islam is a religion of peace doesn't change the fact that some Muslims find justification for evil there because they want to, and at the same time many people are good people because it teaches them to be that too. But we shouldn't be so naive as to pretend that Islam doesn't command terror and war, because those parts are in the scriptures too.

I am not naive to the fact that Muslims, like ALL people, are self-justifying individuals, just like I am not naive about some Christians who believe in a perversion of Christianity, and should likewise receive our mistrust. Christians who believe in collective salvation, for example, use the Bible to justify their belief, even though it is not in there and is antithetical to the message therein. People of all faiths are individuals and should be treated as such. Some Muslims find a call for violence in their good book. Some Christians, likewise, find calls for evil in their own good book, like when they justified slavery with the Bible. We have to be cautious of individuals who have crazy ideas, who incite, mean to offend, and act ungodly in the name of religion, from wherever they come, even when all they are doing is taking literally the commandments in their scriptures.There are church leaders in this country who are actively creating offense for publicity to build up their own followership, gain fame, and spread their own putrefied versions of religion, doing so in the name of and under the protection of the first amendment, stomping on the hearts of those who refuse to follow them down their ideological sink holes as a religious rite. I refused to say that I was "for" the mosque on ground zero, even though I defended the constitutional right, and now I am glad that I took the stance that I did because I would likewise have to be "for" the Koran burning if I was to have any intellectual integrity. Both are publicity stunts, intended to offend, defended as a practice of religion, protected by property rights as well as the first amendment, stupid, mean, and unwise.

It is not hate to be cautious of individuals that believes they must subvert, conquer, kill and /or enslave. Individuals killed 3000 people on 9/11, but it would be naive to forget that they did it because they felt that their own scriptures told them to. We'd be naive not to look into their own scriptures for some answers. I'm cautious because I'm not naive, and caution is not hate. I do believe that most Muslims are really good people. I have known a few. But we need to beware of the crazies, and expect the non-crazies to excoriate and help us identify the crazies,(and they are not doing that) and not just let them go on murdering and pillaging because of tolerance. Tolerance is a good thing for the most part, to a point, but beyond that point it just becomes naive. We cannot afford to be naive in the name of tolerance, but rather, we need to be tolerant tempered with knowledge. Looking at the ideologies of the majority of Muslims and the ideologies of the terrorists and comparing them is a fair thing to do, and under no circumstances is that hate. Pretending that one is supreme and that the other has no clout is naive.

Being fair to Mohammad, 1400 years is a long time, and in my opinion, he was just a man who lived in a barbaric civilization. Is it unreasonable to think that perhaps some of that barbarism managed to get itself into the Koran after his death? Our own civilization can't agree on the message of Thomas Jefferson and we have his own writings. HECK, we can't even agree on the ideology of Martin Luther King, and we have his own family members telling us what he believed and we can watch him speak on video. If people were to remember me in 1400 years, I couldn't in any meaningful way expect them to get me right. I can respect Mohammad the man and at the same time be disgusted by the inhumanity done and taught in the name of his god by the people who believe his message 1400 years later. A lot of these people still live in the stone age and that could account for some of their actions..But then we have Boston.. NO EXCUSE

At the end of the day, a Sharia state and our constitution are incompatible. The way to fend off the conquest of America by pretend moderates is to defend and uphold our constitution and never give in to changing the law or making special concessions for a religious group in the name of religious tolerance or fear of future terrorism. I fear we are doing jus that....

And yet the most war mongering nation on earth is the US

And American citizens kill more American citizens every year than all the Islamic attacks of all time combined

The US invented the Islamic threat to keep its retarded population scared so that it can get away with all sorts if tyranny in the name of 'national security'

And this board shows how effective that policy has been

Americans are far more dangerous to Americans than all of the Muslims in the world

Fact

And yet the most war mongering nation on earth is the US

And American citizens kill more American citizens every year than all the Islamic attacks of all time combined

The US invented the Islamic threat to keep its retarded population scared so that it can get away with all sorts if tyranny in the name of 'national security'

And this board shows how effective that policy has been

Americans are far more dangerous to Americans than all of the Muslims in the world

Fact
Fact?

Really Dawkin .... have any references to back up your non-sense and anti-American hatred?

I didn't think so ....

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. (source)

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years. (source)

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland. (source)

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years. (source)

Last edited:
Oh dear

Just google the US murder rate

It averages at around 17000 per year

The rest of your points are irrelevant as I said US citizens kill more US citizens in one year than all of the Americans who have ever been killed by Muslims

It's a fact that you don't like because it lays bare your ludicrous argument which stems from blind acceptance of your country's anti Islamic propaganda

Try thinking for yourself

You might like it

Oh dear

Just google the US murder rate

It averages at around 17000 per year

The rest of your points are irrelevant as I said US citizens kill more US citizens in one year than all of the Americans who have ever been killed by Muslims

It's a fact that you don't like because it lays bare your ludicrous argument which stems from blind acceptance of your country's anti Islamic propaganda

Try thinking for yourself

You might like it

When one refuses to accept reality, what does that make one?

When one presents an absurd moral equivalence argument, what does that make one?

When one asserts a strawman argument, what does that make one?

If Christians were doing what radical Islam is doing, you would be incensed and demanding Christians be silenced or worse. What does that make YOU?

When one refuses to accept reality, what does that make one?

When one presents an absurd moral equivalence argument, what does that make one?

When one asserts a strawman argument, what does that make one?

If Christians were doing what radical Islam is doing, you would be incensed and demanding Christians be silenced or worse. What does that make YOU?
A f*cking IDIOT!

But no refutation

And if I had called you a fucking idiot you would run screaming to the moderators

You have lost the argument

You have swallowed the propaganda about Islam and you are blind to the reality that the most dangerous people to Americans are other Americans

More dangerous to them than all of the Muslims in the world combined from the beginning of history

That is a mathematical fact

But you won't let that inconvenience your bigoted world view

But no refutation

And if I had called you a fucking idiot you would run screaming to the moderators

You have lost the argument

You have swallowed the propaganda about Islam and you are blind to the reality that the most dangerous people to Americans are other Americans

More dangerous to them than all of the Muslims in the world combined from the beginning of history

That is a mathematical fact

But you won't let that inconvenience your bigoted world view

So...because Americans kill more Americans than Muslims do, we should ignore the threat they cause. We have been propagandized to believe Islam is a threat, when apparently to you, they are not. I would say you have it entirely backwards. You have been propagandized to believe foolishness.

You have presented a strawman argument. No one here stated Muslims kill more Americans than Americans do. Muslims make up a tiny proportion of our population. Your conclusion, which is entirely illogical, is since Americans kill more Americans there is nothing to worry about with Muslims.

Islam is of almost no signifcance as a threat to the US

It is certainly nowhere near as big a threat as your fellow Americans are. But how much Fox bullshit do you hear about that?

You are thousands of times more likely to be killed by an American than a Muslim but you don't hear thousands of times as much coverage to that effect in the news do you?

No, it is the other way around

And the government spends hundreds of billions on 'fighting terrorism'. They don't really, they spend it trying to steal the wealth of and control countries abroad but they sell it to idiots in the US under the guise of fighting terrorism. They used to use communism as the faux reason.

Islam is of almost no signifcance as a threat to the US

It is certainly nowhere near as big a threat as your fellow Americans are. But how much Fox bullshit do you hear about that?

You are thousands of times more likely to be killed by an American than a Muslim but you don't hear thousands of times as much coverage to that effect in the news do you?

No, it is the other way around

And the government spends hundreds of billions on 'fighting terrorism'. They don't really, they spend it trying to steal the wealth of and control countries abroad but they sell it to idiots in the US under the guise of fighting terrorism. They used to use communism as the faux reason.

I am all for ending the war on terror and dramatically reducing the size of the military industrial complex...that now rules America.

But, believing radical Islam is not a threat to all peaceful freedom loving peoples, is foolish. It is akin to ignoring the Communist threat to America during the reign of terror that was Stalin's rule...which many American leftists supported, assisted, or ignored.

Werbung:
But, believing radical Islam is not a threat to all peaceful freedom loving peoples, is foolish. It is akin to ignoring the Communist threat to America during the reign of terror that was Stalin's rule...which many American leftists supported, assisted, or ignored.

They're still ignoring it.

Back