It's "Different" When Republicans Get Abortions

Mr. Shaman

Gee....what big surprise.

:rolleyes:

"The health insurance plan offered to employees of the Republican National Committee includes coverage for elective abortions, a fact that could compromise the party's insistence that abortion be left out of any health care reform measure.

Since 1991, the RNC -- the group that co-ordinates Republican activities at the national level -- has been on a health insurance plan from insurer Cigna that offers elective abortion coverage, and the RNC signed up for the coverage even though it was an optional part of the package.

According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not choose to opt out."

Werbung:
Gee....what big surprise.​

Oh, my, my, my...the hyporcricy in that wee little bit of information that just floated into the light of day :eek: What's that old saying: "don't judge least ye be judged in return" or that old tried & true POT & THE KETTLE BEING CALLED BLACK...

It's been a memorable week for the RINO's to be soooo busted for their lies!

Well you don't think that if a White Republicant's daughters got pregnant... maybe even by a Hispanic or a Black guy that he should have to bear that burden of shame!!!

Of course they want the option... for themselves. They'll just say they'll never use it because they're morally against it and all things are rosy in pubbie world. Because it's still in their back pocket.

We can do it honey just don't tell anybody... :eek:

Well you don't think that if a White Republicant's daughters got pregnant... maybe even by a Hispanic or a Black guy that he should have to bear that burden of shame!!!

Of course they want the option... for themselves. They'll just say they'll never use it because they're morally against it and all things are rosy in pubbie world. Because it's still in their back pocket.

No doubt.

The "conservatives" lil' "prom queens" are (no doubt) a treasured national-resource.

Shall we look up exactly who gets abortions? Will the stats tell us that it is single women in inner cities or conservatives in the burbs? What about race? Money? Religion?

The stats will bear out that conservatives get abortions at far lower rate in keeping with the stance of conservatives. No doubt there will be exceptions. The next question will be do the ones who get abortions disagree with the party on the issue? If the ones who are gettin the abortions are the same ones who are a minority in the pub party that think it is a womans choice then they are not hypocrites.

Ssince you brought up the moral question? I will say that I won't be getting one (nor will my wife, I know because she has told me) and it is morally wrong to kill a living human being which all feti are.

Shall we look up exactly who gets abortions? Will the stats tell us that it is single women in inner cities or conservatives in the burbs? What about race? Money? Religion?

The stats will bear out that conservatives get abortions at far lower rate in keeping with the stance of conservatives. No doubt there will be exceptions. The next question will be do the ones who get abortions disagree with the party on the issue? If the ones who are gettin the abortions are the same ones who are a minority in the pub party that think it is a womans choice then they are not hypocrites.

Ssince you brought up the moral question? I will say that I won't be getting one (nor will my wife, I know because she has told me) and it is morally wrong to kill a living human being which all feti are.

The fact is that if even one Republican did it or none but they could while others could not because that opportunity was in their pocket makes it wrong and hypocritical. That's what's happened here.

As far as abortion in general I'm for doing everything including real sex education, providing birth control as well as research for advancements in birth control technology and even the proven least effective measure abstinence discussions to try and limit the need for anyone to have an abortion.

But when the issue does arise let me be clear. It is not my decision nor your decision nor the governments decision. It is the individual women in that particular situations decision.

The fact is that if even one Republican did it or none but they could while others could not because that opportunity was in their pocket makes it wrong and hypocritical. That's what's happened here.

Yet none of them had one while others could not. It has been legal for all.

As far as abortion in general I'm for doing everything including real sex education, providing birth control as well as research for advancements in birth control technology and even the proven least effective measure abstinence discussions to try and limit the need for anyone to have an abortion.

I seen no reason to want to limit the need for anyone to have one, unless perhaps abortion is the killing of living human beings, which it is.
But when the issue does arise let me be clear. It is not my decision nor your decision nor the governments decision. It is the individual women in that particular situations decision.

Killing living human beings clearly falls within the jurisdiction of the government to outlaw or not.

It is hypocritical for gov to outlaw it sometimes but not others.

It may have been hypocritical when the Pub party bought the policy. Or it may have been just as they said; a mistake that they bought the policy. Has anyone here had the responsibility to buy a policy for a group of people? I don't know how easy or hard it would be to buy such a policy and make such a mistake. I don't even know if at the time it was first bough there might not have been some law that they had to buy such a policy so as not to discriminate against their members who might have wanted a legal abortion. Someone checked a box eighteen years ago. Let's find out why before we say something that proves we are the ones who are wrong.

The political issue here is that many people believe that abortion equates to killing. Many religions have strict penalties for the killing of another human being, so if even 1 cent of their tax dollars goes to killing a fetus then they are on the hook for that sin.

As our Constitution clearly states, people have the right to their religion. When we take Federal tax dollars and use it to fund abortions, we are trampling on the religious freedoms provided in the constitution. It's that simple. Federal money shouldn't be used for this purpose.

The political issue here is that many people believe that abortion equates to killing. Many religions have strict penalties for the killing of another human being, so if even 1 cent of their tax dollars goes to killing a fetus then they are on the hook for that sin.

That part is not up for debate - no one argues that it is not killing without being ridiculous.

They argue that the killing is justified to protect privacy and that killing needs to be allowed to permit the choice to kill. Just so we are clear.

Killing living human beings clearly falls within the jurisdiction of the government to outlaw or not.
Yeah....somehow it's legal for the government to murder living human-beings.

That (also) extends to a blob o' cells, huh?

If it's O.K. for the government to INTERFERE, regarding this subject, how 'bout we let those, who're personally impacted (female Reps & Senators) decide??

It's no one else's business.....especially when we're talkin'-about some needy/clinging boyfriend.

Ah, yes....what would THE NEIGHBORS say...or, horror-of-horrors...the folks at THE COUNTRY CLUB??!!!!!

:eek:

Shaman, I am impressed. You actually commented on the issue and made a point rather than just posting a link to some tripe.
Yeah....somehow it's legal for the government to murder living human-beings.

It's not murder if it is legal; like in executions. The morality of it can still be debated.
That (also) extends to a blob o' cells, huh?

Said, blob 0' cells are stll human living individuals. Scientifically we can make no meaningful differentiation between them and any other person. From a scientific perspective they are human from conception.

If it's O.K. for the government to INTERFERE, regarding this subject, how 'bout we let those, who're personally impacted (female Reps & Senators) decide??

I am impressed that you realize there are limits to the powers of government and that this is interfering.

Yes, it is OK for gov to protect the rights of living human beings. That is the purpose of government.
It's no one else's business.....especially when we're talkin'-about some needy/clinging boyfriend.

The fate of living human beings is the business of all of us; that is a whole reason we have laws protecting the rights of the individual - so that each of us knows that our own rights are protected. If you want a right to be unkilled yourself then you have a vested interest in protecting the rights of others to be unkilled.

On a case by case basis an individual pregnancy is the business of several people including fathers who would have their children killed.​

YOU are MOST CORRECT, When a CONSERVATIVE gets an abortion, say she was raped by a liberal, then the aborted life would have no more value than if the woman had been a liberal! SO yes, IT IS VERY DIFFERENT!

Werbung:
YOU are MOST CORRECT, When a CONSERVATIVE gets an abortion, say she was raped by a liberal, then the aborted life would have no more value than if the woman had been a liberal! SO yes, IT IS VERY DIFFERENT!
No one has yet demonstrated that any of the conservatives in the RNC actually got any abortions. Nor that 100% of the conservatives in the RNC are pro-life.

But if they did get an abortion, other than to save the mothers life, then yes, the life of that child would have been regarded as equally worthless no matter who killed it. On the one hand we can have a liberal murderer who does not value human life or a hypocritical murderer who does not value human life but says she does. Hypocracy would be the least of her problems.

Back