Its Time for a 3rd party

steveox

Democrats and Republicans both dont servre the people. Now it comes to the Primaries where Tea Party people will vote out their Republicans who caved in to mr Obama. Or Bring in the new party that will Serve the Tea Party people

Werbung:
Sarah Palin should announce her candidacy for president of the United States as a Tea Party member right after the Conventions. So There! You can reject Obama and that GOP Candidate.

Sarah Palin should announce her candidacy for president of the United States as a Tea Party member right after the Conventions. So There! You can reject Obama and that GOP Candidate.
....Or I could continue to support Obama, and watch him slap Snooki Palin SILLY!!!

That'd be more-entertaining....and, a fitting END to her political/showbiz-career.​

All right!!! Go for it. :) Perhaps she can do better than Ross Perot's 20% in 1992?

Who would run this party? And if that person's ideas are so great, why would he or she be unable to sell them to one of the major parties?

Cause Both Parties screw us one way or another. Just like George Bush did. He promised Tax cuts,,He cut them only for the wealthy.

as a member of a 3rd party and having worked for a 2nd as well...that will be one third party I can't support...( I voted Perot and Nader ((yes I know so far off from each other lol))
It would be interesting to see how well a tea party would do compared to Perot and Nader. Yes. I say start a third party too. Just for that reason.

Who would run this party? And if that person's ideas are so great, why would he or she be unable to sell them to one of the major parties?

the major parties are far to in the pockets of special interest and must play to the middle...or play to there base.....leaving room on the outside or in the middle for a 3rd party.

It would be interesting to see how well a tea party would do compared to Perot and Nader. Yes. I say start a third party too. Just for that reason.

Perot had money to not have to worry about the special interest...but even that may not be enough in the pre SC ruling that says companies can spend as much as they want.

The Green party had a base support of about 4-5...they had supporters maybe out to about 12 that voted dems because they feared the Republicans...This has changed Post nader as the party fractioned from the hard core to the more moderates. This battle was played out at the state level here where 3rd parties have a good following and have had success..I did my college research project on third parties in MN, and interviewed alot of members from both major 3rd parties here...and the greens had newcomers where moderate even a few former republicans who saw the greens as the chance for less major government and more local control...and frankly a few loonys who where from the pre nader days and basically left wing versions of the tea party...nuts with crazy ideas. the Moderates have given up there it seems and moved to the dems or IP party...

...I did my college research project on third parties in MN, and interviewed alot of members from both major 3rd parties here...
Do you have any insight as to why people form and vote 3rd party? Is it merely out of protest? Are they delusional about winning? As I remember some presidents early on were successful 3rd parties but it seems impossible nowadays.

Third parties have a place in America, but rarely supplant an existing party. The real politics of it is that if a third party gains traction and gets above about 20% of the electorate's support, the major party who has lost members will choose to co-opt the third party's platform and, because of their experience and national positioning, will suck away the support for the third party.

The TEA Party is an example. They'll last a couple of election cycles, and if their members are successful, the Republican Party will totally morph to look like the TEA Party and the TEA Party itself will disappear.

Werbung:
Third parties have a place in America, but rarely supplant an existing party. The real politics of it is that if a third party gains traction and gets above about 20% of the electorate's support, the major party who has lost members will choose to co-opt the third party's platform and, because of their experience and national positioning, will suck away the support for the third party.

The TEA Party is an example. They'll last a couple of election cycles, and if their members are successful, the Republican Party will totally morph to look like the TEA Party and the TEA Party itself will disappear.

I suppose that's true in the long run. But in the short run Nader compromised a democratic election. Perot compromised a republican election. It seems that a third party movement is willing to sacrifice the party with the most similar platform to gain a possible future strength. That is indeed a big sacrifice.

Back