Jeep moving to China ?

dogtowner

Staff member
So can we call this BO paying Chrysler to ship jobs overseas ?

Sorry Toledo, sucks to be you...

In another potential blow for the president's Ohio reelection campaign, Jeep, the rugged brand President Obama once said symbolized American freedom, is considering giving up on the United States and shifting production to China.
Such a move would crash the economy in towns like Toledo, Ohio, where Jeeps are made and supplied, and rob the community of the economic security they thought Obama's auto bailout assured them.

Obama is such a fan of Jeep that he included a picture of himself speaking at the Toledo plant in his newly released second term agenda binder. In his address to the plant in 2011, Obama said, "I just took a short tour of the plant and watched some of you putting the finishing touches on the Wrangler. Now, as somebody reminded, I need to call it the 'iconic' Wrangler. And that's appropriate because when you think about what Wrangler has always symbolized. It symbolized freedom, adventure, hitting the open road, never looking back."

Well it appears that the taxpayer bailed-out Chrysler is looking back and now considering cutting costs by shifting production of all Jeeps to China, which has a strong desire for Jeeps.

Werbung:
Its almost like the Government does not run them...I thought Obama ran the auto industry now...wait thats in tea party land..not on earth.

funny how they brought operation back here in 2009 though.

maybe the fact that Fiat bought the remaining shares from the government impacts this. Its GM that BO can't walk away from.

Ha....I would love to see the UAW try and strike against the Chicoms

Good place for a bull dozer company to move to.
-

Ha! Bulldozers to make mass graves with.
The Chinese know how to deal with problematic people.

Labor costs will drive many manufacturing jobs overseas.
Or--we can just pay $88,500 for a cheapjack mini-Chevy that will fall aprt in 6 months.
It is what they call--an Historic Inevitability.

But--wait--let me check first--with Jay Carney. I know he'll BE CLEAR!

Chrysler spokesman Gualberto Ranieri wrote in his blog.
Ranieri, Oct. 25: Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.​
Sorry please don't read the above...its full of facts...​

Ha! Bulldozers to make mass graves with.
The Chinese know how to deal with problematic people.

Labor costs will drive many manufacturing jobs overseas.
Or--we can just pay $88,500 for a cheapjack mini-Chevy that will fall aprt in 6 months.
It is what they call--an Historic Inevitability.

But--wait--let me check first--with Jay Carney. I know he'll BE CLEAR!

American companies suck, so do American workers...USA USA USA.! sounds like what your saying

Chrysler spokesman Gualberto Ranieri wrote in his blog.
Ranieri, Oct. 25: Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.​
Sorry please don't read the above...its full of facts...​

you did note the question mark at the end ot the title right ? we will know after early November what the trruth of the matter it.

Werbung:
Like Apple.
Apple USA is the marketing arm for "Apple China"--which manufactures 100% of Apple products.
USA/Europe are the biggest customers--currently.
What is American about Apple--is the name and origin.
Little else.
Without China--Apple USA does not exist.
Who do you think is in the driver's seat?

Same with Jeep and China.
And soon GM and China.
Look into how much GM has invested in China and how much they have invested in USA.
That will rock your world.

FYI--for starters http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

Back