Jesse Ventura JFK episode of Conspiracy Theory

Werbung:
I'm not going to get into the JFK conspiracy theory but I will say this. There is absolutely no way on God's green earth Oswald shot Kennedy with the number of hits within the time frame the Warren Commission claims with that Carcano rifle. The Carcano is an Italian bolt-action rifle that is known in shooting circles as fairly inaccurate. They don't call it the "Humanitarian rifle" for nothing.

I've entered well over 30 major and minor long-distance shooting tournaments in my life and not even I could duplicate that feat. And Oswald was no marksman. He was pretty ordinary.

Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory is pretty interesting. I liked the one about Plum Island. One of the best ones he's done yet.

I'm not going to get into the JFK conspiracy theory but I will say this. There is absolutely no way on God's green earth Oswald shot Kennedy with the number of hits within the time frame the Warren Commission claims with that Carcano rifle. The Carcano is an Italian bolt-action rifle that is known in shooting circles as fairly inaccurate. They don't call it the "Humanitarian rifle" for nothing.

I've entered well over 30 major and minor long-distance shooting tournaments in my life and not even I could duplicate that feat. And Oswald was no marksman. He was pretty ordinary.

Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory is pretty interesting. I liked the one about Plum Island. One of the best ones he's done yet.
The conditions of the shooting has been replicated in simulations (using carcano, actual distance, dummy in moving car, etc.), several times. Average shooters have duplicated it. It is possible that Oswald was the only shooter based on the those tests.

The conditions of the shooting has been replicated in simulations (using carcano, actual distance, dummy in moving car, etc.), several times. Average shooters have duplicated it. It is possible that Oswald was the only shooter based on the those tests.

I've never in my life saw it duplicated. Have a link showing this?

Carlos Hathcock, the greatest Marine sniper the Corps has ever seen, and a man I came to respect greatly, set up the course and tried it several times. he said it couldn't be done.

So unless you show me a link proving your claim I'm calling bull. If people like Hathcock and myself can't do it no average shooter can do it. Especially with that Carcano.

I've never in my life saw it duplicated. Have a link showing this?

Carlos Hathcock, the greatest Marine sniper the Corps has ever seen, and a man I came to respect greatly, set up the course and tried it several times. he said it couldn't be done.

So unless you show me a link proving your claim I'm calling bull. If people like Hathcock and myself can't do it no average shooter can do it. Especially with that Carcano.

Here is one link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_rifle

...CBS conducted a firing test in 1967 at the H. P. White Ballistics Laboratory located in Street, Maryland. For the test 11 marksmen from diverse backgrounds were invited to participate: 3 Maryland State Troopers, 1 weapons engineer, 1 sporting goods dealer, 1 sportsman, 1 ballistics technician, 1 ex-paratrooper, and 3 H. P. White employees. CBS provided several Carcano rifles for the test. The MC rifle WC-139 was not used in this test. The targets were color coded orange for head/shoulder silhouette and blue for a near miss. The results of the CBS test were as follows: 7 of 11 shooters were able to fire three rounds under 5.6 seconds (64%). Of those 7 shooters, 6 hit the orange target once (86%), and 5 hit the orange target twice (71%). Out of 60 rounds fired, 25 hit the orange (42%), 21 hit the blue portion of the target (35%), and there were 14 misses on the target (23%)...

...Many of CBS's 11 volunteer marksmen, who (unlike Oswald) had no prior experience with a properly "sighted" Carcano, were able to hit the test target two times in under the time allowed...

The article says nothing about firing under the exact same conditions.

I've fired the Carcano and I know for a fact it's impossible to duplicate the actions the Warren Commission says Oswald did.

Like I said. Carlos Hathcock set the course up identically to Dealey Plaza and shot from the same exact height, distance and conditions Oswald would have fired from. He couldn't do it and said it simply couldn't be done.

So I ask you this. If the greatest Marine sniper in Corps history and a Wimbeldon Cup winner says he can't do it and no one else can why do you think Oswald, an average shooter, could do it?

The article says nothing about firing under the exact same conditions.

I've fired the Carcano and I know for a fact it's impossible to duplicate the actions the Warren Commission says Oswald did.

Like I said. Carlos Hathcock set the course up identically to Dealey Plaza and shot from the same exact height, distance and conditions Oswald would have fired from. He couldn't do it and said it simply couldn't be done.

So I ask you this. If the greatest Marine sniper in Corps history and a Wimbeldon Cup winner says he can't do it and no one else can why do you think Oswald, an average shooter, could do it?
I gave the link to how several men (not expert shooters), did it, and you still want to argue...and using an "appeal to authority", yet. Unbelievable!
Where is your link showing that Carlos did the experiment? Do I have to call, "bull"?

Who should we believe? You, or the HP White laberatory who set up the experiment.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F....sination_rifle

I gave the link to how several men (not expert shooters), did it

Your link didn't mention they did it under the exact same conditions. Doing it under the exact same conditions is the only thing that matters. Sorry, brother. Your argument fails.

Former U.S. Marine sniper Craig Roberts and Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, who was the senior instructor for the U.S. Marine Corps Sniper Instructor School at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Quantico, Virginia, both said it could not be done as described by the FBI investigators. "Let me tell you what we did at Quantico," Hathcock said. "We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don’t know how many times we tried it, but we couldn’t duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did. Now if I can’t do it, how in the world could a guy who was a non-qual on the rifle range and later only qualified 'marksman' do it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_conspiracy_theories

Your link didn't mention they did it under the exact same conditions. Doing it under the exact same conditions is the only thing that matters. Sorry, brother. Your argument fails.
I saw the CBS special when they did the test. It did replicate the same conditions. There was also another televised such experiment that replicated the conditions under which Oswald was supposedly shooting...it also indicated that it was possible.

Sorry Junior, your argument is based on your limited knowledge of the assassination (I was alive then, have studied it for years, actually have a copy of the Warren Commission Report, etc.), and hero-worship of Carlos Hathcock.

Note: Oswald's rifle practice did not end with his Marine Corps experience. He regularly participated in a rifle club when he lived in the U.S.S.R.

There are a lot of "hinky" things that do not make sense about Oswald being the lone assassin, but that he could not have fired the shots, is a myth.

Far more troubling is the fact that when Oswald was about to be apprehended in the movie theater, one of the detectives told the manager that, "...that is the guy who shot Kennedy...", when at the time, the suspect in the theater was only connected with the shooting of officer Tippet.

Also unexplained, is the police officer who went up the "grassy knoll", and confronted the person putting a gun in to a case in the trunk of a car, who produced a badge and identified himself as "Secret Service". That supposed Secret Service person has never been identified and the Secret Service has always claimed that they did not have any agents on top of the knoll that day.

Such inconsistencies are far more troubling than someone hitting a person at relatively close range with a scoped rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_conspiracy_theories

"Let me tell you what we did at Quantico," Hathcock said..."

If you had any knowledge (education),of the standards of proof, you would realize that what Hathcock said is not a primary source, it is secondary and does not meet the standard for inclusion into even a research paper in college. In other words, that is not proof, it is an anecdote from someone who was accustomed to entertaining people with his colorful exploits...something you would hear in a bar and would be given the credence which it deserves.

I believe Dahermit (I lovingly refer to him as the Ludington Geezer) is correct.

I recall reading about and watching a documentary where more than one shooter duplicated the act. They were at the Book Depository building overlooking Dealey and shooting at a moving car - exact same conditions.

If you go to Dealey Plaza you will be surprised at how close the window where Oswald fired was to Kennedy's car. The distance was very short and for most average shooters, a shot that could be accomplished.

However, a conspiracy and/or second shooter could still have been involved. There is a guy in prison in Indiana who claims to be the grassy knoll shooter. http://www.jfkassassination.net/files.htm

I saw the CBS special when they did the test. It did replicate the same conditions.

Show me a link to the video so I can see if it had the same conditions. No offense, but your word isn't suffice.

Until you do so your argument fails. You can't make baseless claims and expect people to blindly believe you, brother. Debate requires fact. You have shown none.

Werbung:
Show me a link to the video so I can see if it had the same conditions. No offense, but your word isn't suffice.

Until you do so your argument fails. You can't make baseless claims and expect people to blindly believe you, brother. Debate requires fact. You have shown none.

You are the one making baseless claims. And worse than that, you make claims based on second hand information from someone (Carlos Hathcock) who's version of the truth in other instances is highly suspect.
Your baseless claim: Oswald could not have made the shots. Debate requires fact, you have shown none.

As for Carlos Hathcock, he made the claim that he was involved in a "sniper's duel" with the "snake eater" at great distances, shot and killed his opponent with a shot that went through the opponent's scope into his eye.
I can only hope to live long enough to hear of a sniper that did not shoot his long-distance opponent through the scope into his eye...That story has been obligatory fare since first related by Zaytsev about besting Erwin König at the battle of Stalingrad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_König
It was suspect at the first telling and more so when Hathcock started retelling it as his own.
In short, if Oswald did not/could not have made the shots, you have done nothing to prove it.

Back