Joe Biden Railed Against Bush Surveillance in 2006

steveox

Vice President Joe Biden hasn’t exactly been forthcoming with his thoughts about the National Security Agency’s collection of millions of phone records, but that wasn’t the case in 2006, when he railed against the practice.

Speaking with host Harry Smith on CBS’s “The Early Show” on May 26, 2006, then-Sen. Biden was very clear about what he termed the “intrusive” surveillance being implemented by President George W. Bush.

“If I know every single phone call you made, I’m able to determine every single person you talked to,” Biden said.

“I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive.

"There’s a whole deal when you talk about this kind of stuff where under the law, they’re supposed to demonstrate that they’re getting rid of and not keeping any extraneous information that they pick up on wiretaps and/or pick up in sweeps like this.

"If it’s true that 200 million Americans’ phone calls were monitored, in terms of not listening to what they said, but to whom they spoke and who spoke to them, I don’t know.

The Congress should investigate this.”

Biden didn’t hold back when talking about the Bush administration having such sweeping powers.

“And we’re going to trust the President and Vice President of the United States that they’re doing the right thing, don’t count me in on that,” Biden said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bi.../2013/06/15/id/510122?s=al&promo_code=13D70-1

So what does he think now? Hypocrisy from the liberal left. Just like the Mainstream media went against Bush Surveillance wiretapping in 2006. The Left wing networks like NBC NEW,CBS NEWS, ABC NEWS. CNN and MSNBC wont condem Mr Obama for this.

Werbung:
Joe Biden Drafted the Core of the Patriot Act in 1995 … Before the Oklahoma City Bombing

Posted on December 10, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

The Core of the Patriot Act Was Drafted in 1995 … By Joe Biden

Everyone knows that the Patriot Act was drafted before 9/11.

But few know that it was Joe Biden who drafted the core provisions which were included in that bill … in 1995.

CNET reported in 2008:

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode “constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations.”

Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”

Biden’s proposal probably helped to lay the groundwork for the Bush administration’s Patriot Act.

The Center for National Securities reported in 1995:

On February 10, 1995, a counterterrorism bill drafted by the Clinton

Administration was introduced in the Senate as S. 390 and in the House of

Representatives as H.R. 896.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/12/joe-biden-drafted-the-core-of-the-patriot-act-in-1995-before-the-oklahoma-city-bombing.html

Werbung:
Back