Keith Olbermann signs new 4 year deal

Popeye

Great news, the man who made a career out of exposing the lies of the GOP and it's propaganda arm Faux News into a career, has signed a 4 year contract extension....No doubt about it, Olbermann has become the face of MSNBC.

NEW YORK - Nov. 10, 2008 - MSNBC has voted for four more years of Keith Olbermann and the top-rated "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," it was announced today by Phil Griffin, President, MSNBC. The new four-year agreement calls for Olbermann to continue as host of "Countdown;" additionally, Olbermann will play a prominent role in MSNBC's coverage of all major news events. He will also continue to co-host NBC's "Football Night in America" studio show.

"Keith Olbermann is at the core of MSNBC's current success," said Griffin. "'Countdown' is our signature program and I'm thrilled that we're going to be able to bring it to Keith's loyal viewers for another four year term."

"I'm delighted that we can continue to lock Countdown into the nation's political dialogue through at least the next election," said Olbermann. "Personally, I noticed that as of about six weeks ago, I'd been doing this show longer than I did SportsCenter, so it's delightful to have a true home."

In October 2008, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" had its best month ever in the key Adults 25-54 demographic, and is up a tremendous 170 percent in A25-54 from Oct. 2007 and up 180 percent in total viewers. "Countdown" continued its dominance over CNN at 8 p.m., out-rating "Campbell Brown" by 35 percent in A25-54 and 41 percent in total viewers. Excluding coverage of the presidential debates,"Countdown" is the #3 top-rated show in cable news in A25-54. "Countdown" is also the #1 cable news show among young viewers, Adults 18-34.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/10/keith-olbermann-signs-new_n_142690.html

Werbung:
who will he attack ?

you guys control everything now

He can and will continue to expose the lies and half truths of BillO, Hannity and the rest of the right wing echo machine. You can be sure with Obama as president, Faux News and hate radio will come up with a new make believe scandal every week...thankfully Olbermann will be there to separate fact from fiction.

He can and will continue to expose the lies and half truths of BillO, Hannity and the rest of the right wing echo machine. You can be sure with Obama as president, Faux News and hate radio will come up with a new make believe scandal every week...thankfully Olbermann will be there to separate fact from fiction.

yeah that is a good point. for those who watch him. I really cant stand him

I dont like bill o either :)

I find it hilarious that news that isn't about obama being the messiah is "hate radio/tv"!! Keep taking those drugs and drinking!! LOL

Who cares about Keith O? MSNBC has the lowest ratings. No one watching, no one cares. Isn't this the guy that got demoted during the RNC convention because of crude, inappropriate remarks and verbally trying to b*tch slap some of the other news anchors? What a jerk, who cares about him?

Who cares about Keith O? MSNBC has the lowest ratings. No one watching, no one cares. Isn't this the guy that got demoted during the RNC convention because of crude, inappropriate remarks and verbally trying to b*tch slap some of the other news anchors? What a jerk, who cares about him?

Well Popeye likes him, and I think the very far left in general likes that station.

I like Rachel Madow though I rarely agree with her. I like Chris Mathews too but I almost never agree with him. Other than that I dont like anything about PMS NBC

Gee, it looks like somebody does, in fact quite a few people do..

In October 2008, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" had its best month ever in the key Adults 25-54 demographic, and is up a tremendous 170 percent in A25-54 from Oct. 2007 and up 180 percent in total viewers. "Countdown" continued its dominance over CNN at 8 p.m., out-rating "Campbell Brown" by 35 percent in A25-54 and 41 percent in total viewers. Excluding coverage of the presidential debates,"Countdown" is the #3 top-rated show in cable news in A25-54. "Countdown" is also the #1 cable news show among young viewers, Adults 18-34.

Obviously if Olbermann wasn't popular he wouldn't have been given an extension..but things need to spelled out to the average Faux News devotee.

NBC News, embarassed by this clown, is stuck with him because higher ups are only looking at ratings. Idiots watch him - essentially, he has a comedy show.

I predict he'll be gone long before the four years. He has nobody left to defame, and in time even the morons who watch him will tire of his schtick.

Werbung:
Back