Kidnap victim freed after 18 years

PLC1

Staff member
This story is a real mind boggler. How did this nut manage to keep a young girl captive for so many years? What should happen to him now? How could anyone ever pay for such a crime?

Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago found in California

Jaycee was just 11 years old when she was kidnapped on the way to school in South Lake Tahoe. The beautiful, blond, young girl disappeared for 18 years, breaking the hearts of her family and friends and community. Her kidnapping was witnessed by her stepfather, who was a suspect in the kidnapping. The woman who was snatched from a bus stop as an 11-year-old child turned up at a California police station after 18 mysterious years, and a convicted sex offender and his wife were arrested in the kidnapping. Since the kidnapping, her mother and stepfather have divorced.

In the 18 years that she has been missing, Jaycee Dugard had two daughters, now aged 11 and 15. The children have lived most of their lives in captivity in a background compound of sheds in an overgrown back yard.

She lived in the back yard for 18 years, never went to school, and bore two children with a sexual predator.

Now there is more: It seems this creep may be guilty of murder as well.

Cops: Kidnap suspect eyed for murder links

This isn't really politics, but it is quite a story, don't you think?

Werbung:
This would have been the Smart girls fate too if they had not of gotten her when they did.

This girl lived in a shed for all these years, she has to be totally messed up and her poor kids too.

The man should be locked up and his wife also for helping him and they should never be let out of prison EVER. What more can you do?

This would have been the Smart girls fate too if they had not of gotten her when they did.

This girl lived in a shed for all these years, she has to be totally messed up and her poor kids too.

The man should be locked up and his wife also for helping him and they should never be let out of prison EVER. What more can you do?

That's about it. Of course, he should have been locked up a long time ago, but there is nothing that can be done about that now.

That's about it. Of course, he should have been locked up a long time ago, but there is nothing that can be done about that now.

Here is one thing I would pay more taxes for, but Id rather stop paying taxes for stupid things so there is money for this stuff.

People who are proven to have raped another person goes to prison and they dont get out period, expecially if it was a child they raped.

Here is one thing I would pay more taxes for, but Id rather stop paying taxes for stupid things so there is money for this stuff.

People who are proven to have raped another person goes to prison and they dont get out period, expecially if it was a child they raped.

Absolutely, positively correct. Lock them up, and throw away the key.

Have you ever gone on line and looked up who the sex offenders are living in your town, and how many of them say, "sex with a child under 14"?

Scary. Disgusting and scary.

Absolutely, positively correct. Lock them up, and throw away the key.

Have you ever gone on line and looked up who the sex offenders are living in your town, and how many of them say, "sex with a child under 14"?

Scary. Disgusting and scary.

I tried once but could not find a proper site cuz all I got was give us your CC and we will send it to you

See, these are the sort of cases where I might say give him his speedy trial, and in 3 days bring him out back and provide a lead pill injection. There is no sense in wasting resources in such a way. As for the wife, I am not sure how much she had to play, but this also brings up the story about the guy in Austria who kept his daughter in isolation and raped her for years etc.

Pandora brought up another example with Smart girl in Utah. But Pandora, hearing this quote coming from you made my jaw drop
This is one thing that I think is wasteful. Keeping clearly guilty sociopathic murder rapists behind bars for decades. Id much rather save the probably half million a decade that is spent to keep them in protective custody on teachers, and after school programs, and homeless shelters, and treatment programs, and on and on.

See, these are the sort of cases where I might say give him his speedy trial, and in 3 days bring him out back and provide a lead pill injection. There is no sense in wasting resources in such a way. As for the wife, I am not sure how much she had to play, but this also brings up the story about the guy in Austria who kept his daughter in isolation and raped her for years etc.

Pandora brought up another example with Smart girl in Utah. But Pandora, hearing this quote coming from you made my jaw drop

you must not read many of my posts

I have said things like that many times.

I am also for paying more taxes to keep prisoners in prison for life instead of killing them. I do not believe in the death penalty except in rare and extreme cases.

I am also not against paying higher taxes to take care of abandon kids or relocating them to a new home (foster program, adoption program) if they are unlucky enough to start life out with abusive parents.

Hey Bunz I am considering adopting again. Its way way up in the air right now but a possible thing. IF the woman who is considering it now is not able, then I said I would. She is a new born. Half native (cant spell the tribe name) anyways she is from Alaska and my gosh she is 7 days old and the most beautiful baby.

you must not read many of my posts

I have said things like that many times.
I have read more than a handful of your posts.;) I guess we disagree on what is considered wasteful spending. Although we probably agree in many cases what is not wasteful but an investment.
I am also for paying more taxes to keep prisoners in prison for life instead of killing them. I do not believe in the death penalty except in rare and extreme cases.
In most cases I am hard pressed to support the death penalty. This is one of those rare and extreme cases, where it is warranted, and I wouldnt object to a very quick turn around time on fulfilling the sentence.

Hey Bunz I am considering adopting again. Its way way up in the air right now but a possible thing. IF the woman who is considering it now is not able, then I said I would. She is a new born. Half native (cant spell the tribe name) anyways she is from Alaska and my gosh she is 7 days old and the most beautiful baby.
That is very honorable of you. Follow your heart.

As for Native babies, they are adorable, especially the oftentime big cheeks. I myself was brought up in more or less of an adoption scenario. I am grateful of the childhood experience I was provided. I love and appreciate my parents more than any other people in the world.

You would kill this guy?

Isnt the death penalty reserved for those who killed others.

I think its fair to say he killed this girls spirit and he stole a huge part of her life but I don't think he has literally killed anyone.

I think he is insane and I mean that respectfully not like nut job or the other words we use for eachother here.

We probably do disagree on wasteful spending and I think we disagree on how we should pay for things.

You would kill this guy?

Isnt the death penalty reserved for those who killed others.

I think its fair to say he killed this girls spirit and he stole a huge part of her life but I don't think he has literally killed anyone.

I think he is insane and I mean that respectfully not like nut job or the other words we use for eachother here.

We probably do disagree on wasteful spending and I think we disagree on how we should pay for things.

I dont necessarily reserve capital punishment for murderers. But a link provided in the OP shows that the perp is the likely suspect in possibly several murders.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32583149/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

I dont necessarily reserve capital punishment for murderers. But a link provided in the OP shows that the perp is the likely suspect in possibly several murders.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32583149/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Oh dang! I did not know he was suspected in murder's. This is just a really sad story. I hope the murder's will be solved so the family members can move on.

This is all taking place in Calif. I do not think they have the death penalty in Calif and if they do, they are like Oregon and do not use it. So I highly doubt he will die for his crimes.

What kind of crimes do you think people should get the death penalty for outside of murder?

By the way, thank you for that link

This story is a real mind boggler. How did this nut manage to keep a young girl captive for so many years? What should happen to him now? How could anyone ever pay for such a crime?

Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago found in California

She lived in the back yard for 18 years, never went to school, and bore two children with a sexual predator.

Now there is more: It seems this creep may be guilty of murder as well.

Cops: Kidnap suspect eyed for murder links

This isn't really politics, but it is quite a story, don't you think?

The local head of the police department publicly apologized for not following up on a complaint phoned in by a neighbor (3years earlier) about hearing a child screaming and horrible sounds coming from the back yard of this residence; a policeman showed up took a report went next door and nothing came of it...:mad: The neighbor who made the phone call stated; "the police wouldn't even come into my yard and look into the next yard to verify what I had heard and what I could see from my place, they didn't follow up at all"...so the police officer just took the perpetrators word (made up/fabricated story) and left...no follow up, no checking with his probation officer...NADA/ZIP/NOTHING!!!

Werbung:
Back