Lance Armstrong--What About Him?

Johnny Tremain

Maybe we should have a separate 'eugenics' Olympics and other sporting events for the steroid-crazed, chemically-enhanced athletes.

It is really only a crime to try to win against those who don't inject.

Hollywood actors do the same thing with massive plastic surgery.

A sad and tawdry end to a once-famous man.
He will live in infamy forever.

Werbung:
Mr. Tygart's accusations and "proof" seem impressive at first glance, but they really are meaningless. In order to believe Mr. Tygart I also have to believe that Lance Armstrong is a criminal mastermind. He passed over 600 tests over a 12 year period, competition related and random. If he was cheating he had to be ready at a moments notice at all times to do something to counteract the presence of anything which could be detected by the lab. I think there's something else going on here.

A sad and tawdry end to a once-famous man.
He will live in infamy forever.

And that's the main point of all of this, Armstrong will forever be known as a cheat no matter what happens in the future. I found an article from August which puts this incident in a different perspective.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling...ce-armstrong-lawsuit-vs-us-anti-doping-agency

Almost predicting there will be more legal battles in different venues, Sparks found "there are troubling aspects of this case, not least of which is USADA' s apparent single-minded determination to force Armstrong to arbitrate the charges against him, in direct conflict with UCI's equally evident desire not to proceed against him."

Armstrong filed suit against the USADA in federal court. The case was tossed out but the judge (Sparks) had some interesting things to say about the USADA. Most of that is in the bottom half of the article.

If you believe our media you would think that Armstrong has been stripped of his Tour de France titles, but he hasn't been, I just checked two minutes ago. The USADA and Travis Tygart do not have the authority to strip Armstrong of those titles yet Mr. Tygart went before the media and stated as a fact that he had stripped Mr. Armstrong of all of his titles, including his 7 Tour de France wins. That was either driven by personal or political reasons because he can't officially do that and he knew it at the time, yet he said it anyway. Mr. Tygart stated in public that Armstrong's refusal to enter arbitration was somehow evidence of his guilt but did not mention at all the federal lawsuit. I don't blame Armstrong for not wanting to play this game with Tygart.

This is a perfect example of how the media can destroy someone by getting something wrong and then the public picks up on it and keeps running with it. BTW, I've double checked and some of Armstrong's legal team are saying that he only took about 400 tests over a 14 year period. Either way, he passed a lot of tests.

I'm not a huge cycling follower either but I've been following this story because it's a perfect example of how the media can make the bad guy look like the good guy, and vice versa.

Thanks for this interesting perspective. It does open eyes.
Wonder if we will ever know the truth--like in so many other arenas.

Once they decide to get you--"they" often will.

Werbung:
The evidence does seem--to be damning.
And the testimony of so many.

what evidence is that ?

and "testimony" from those still racing and subject to the same arbitrary and capricious judgement ?
yeah super legit...

the guy has been under s microscope for ten years or more and nothing found, nothing. I read that there will simply be no winner for all those TdF wins (that this "august" body stripped him of sans authority). France is being pretty ballsy to declare no winner of thise seven titles.

Back